Sign in to follow this  
GIXXERUK

AUDI TT ?

I'd go for a Leon Cupra R over a TT, almost the same car underneath, same engine, more agressive looks, more practical, less of an image issue (if that worries you) and I would expect you'd get one for less than the TT too.

I bought a Cupra on tuesday. A Y reg 180. Seems to be a goer. Not sure whether I'd run it long term as it's not as solid feeling as the MK3 GTI I have.

Good value IMO at 4K for a 5 year old one, leather, air no computer though but I guess they have to leave some benefits to bying a VW or Audi. Could spend a bit on it to make it faster. The std wheels look pretty pants but that needn't be an expensive fix.

The R would be better with the 225 motor. Not sure an R would be cheaper than a 225 TT, I saw one last week for less than 10K and it was a RHD too.

I think you could make a TT non-hairdresser with the right addons and a matt black respray. :lol:

GAvin

h100vw, I had an X reg Cupra - great car, fast, refined, safe handling with a lot of grip, just a bit dull compared to a Corrado when you want to have some fun.

Always had a soft spot for these!

Porsche 968 Club Sport

1994 L-registration

Speed Yellow

Club sport yellow-backed seats

76,000 miles

Cambelts just changed

Driver Airbag

Alpine CD

£12,995

http://www.eporsch.co.uk/0101for_sale.htm

my mate actually thought about a porker 944, but decided that while he could afford to buy one, keeping it on the road would be prohibative compared to other cars in his price range.

have to agree withth an earlier post, get an S4 (the older, 2.7 bi-turbo)....its got the power, the looks, the practicality, plus they are a lot cheaper. Or if you are feeling flush...RS4?

Phil,

Now your talking!

Get a nice dark colour 968 club sport and fit the RS front splitter and get the split rims and the M030 pack (basically just Koni's) and that is a dam fine machine!

I think that is my No1 Sub £15k car! (used of course)

You've got good taste Phil! Not so keen on the 968 CS though, but it's supposed to be a brilliant track car.

The 993 turbo is my ideal 911, but I haven't got £40+K spare :-(

I've always been into Porsches. When I was a kid I had a brown matchbox 911 Turbo which I still have somewhere! Since then it has been my ultimate car really.

The Porsche in Bad boys is probably my ultimate 911. Also used to really want a 959, like thats gonna happen!

Ruf is a tuning company, like brabus or such, their cars are pretty much porkers, although they have their own names for them like the 'Ruf Yellowbird' Ruf being the manufactuerer and yellowbird being the name of that particular car. you're right khurrado, they are generally sweet!

LOL i didnt realise the TT provoked such strong opinions , i'll take one for a run i think , strange no one mentioned the scooby or evo

i love 911's but i'm not sure a 14-15k would be a viable daily driver , the search continues..........

LOL i didnt realise the TT provoked such strong opinions , i'll take one for a run i think , strange no one mentioned the scooby or evo

i love 911's but i'm not sure a 14-15k would be a viable daily driver , the search continues..........

£14-£15k will get you into a v decent 964 btw.....absolute steal if you get a good un but like all porkers a money pit if you buy wrong

Ruf is a tuning company, like brabus or such, their cars are pretty much porkers, although they have their own names for them like the 'Ruf Yellowbird' Ruf being the manufactuerer and yellowbird being the name of that particular car. you're right khurrado, they are generally sweet!

they name them CTR,BTR etc yellowbird was just a nickname for the one they used in a Nurburgring magazine shootout in the 80's :wink: ,they are also a manufacturer in their own right now(although obviously Porsche build the basic shell) Ruf do a lot of development with them

Saw a TT on the M25 a while back with the reg: GAY 20! :lol:

Hmmm, £15K... I'd be going for an Evo, Scoob or an Mmmm Coupe 8)

Saw a TT on the M25 a while back with the reg: GAY 20! :lol:

Hmmm, £15K... I'd be going for an Evo, Scoob or an Mmmm Coupe 8)

mmm evo nice 8)