CorradoDriver

Worst thing some has said about ur Corrado

Usual ones for me;

''Nice scirocco''

''I thinks its time you got a new car'' - NO THANKS!!

Also, my mum calls it a carrera - she always used to buy me PVWs for my birthday etc when I had my golf, then when I got the ''Carrera'' I ended up with a copy of 'Total 911' hahahaha.

"Is that a VR6?"

same .....er do you see the chromed vr6 badge on the grill?. And why do you drive it its just a gas guzzler .

Comments like that Rob, come from people who arent into cars at all.

A lad at my new place of work said "2.9... why would you want a 2.9!" - this is the guy who drives one of those 107 pugs (uurgh). I replied with, "you're obviously someone where are car is just to get into A-B, where as i like my cars and to answer your question - cos i can" :p :lol:

the other weekend I said to my 12 year old daughter " I'll take you to the pictures this afternoon"

she replied " are we going in your shed"

I bit my lip and siged, "yes love"

she just doesnt understand its because its not new, all the time screaming in my head was going on "its nooooooooooot aaaa shed"

bless

I'm usually going to fast to hear any put downs! ha ha.. Even the Police flash their lights at me in appreciation of my cars beauty.

A chap I met bought a G60 cheap because it had had a big tin of household paint chucked over it. Turns out somone who worked with the guy who owned it before had been playing away. When his missus found out she came to his place of work with said paint to exact her revenge, but got the wrong car. He drove a Honda Accord...

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

I've been harping on to friends of mine for years about how good rear wheel drive is. The truth is many people who aren't petrol heads don't and wouldn't know the differance. The Corrado is the best fwd car I have ever driven and has opened my mind alot. The problem is that now I have explain this to those same people who didn't understand (and probably didn't care) in the first place. So now I get 'that's, erm, front wheel drive isn't it Ralph? shame that'. *******s.

The woman at the front desk of the local garage called it a "Karrando" and a girl I was dating called it a "gangster car"...... :2gunfire:

"hello its **** from kwik fit, our records show that your CORRODO is due an MOT"

You have it written in front of you, how can you say it wrong. Its not like its difficult to pronounce and the guy didn't sound like he was a few knifes short of a cutlery set so how he managed to say it wrong i don't know

One lad at work said "oh a seen you in ya polo G40 the other day" "Its a Corrado 16v ya blind twerp !!! "

now the running joke from everyone is "hows the polo ha ha"

Oh and just today "yeah a love these old scirrocco's" GRRRR !!!!!!

Recently when i went to collect my car from a bodyshop i was waiting to see the guy who had done the work on my car with somee of the guys in the admin department wen one informed me that there is nutter coming to collect the yellow car who'd spent a load of money on a old banger when apparently he could buy a corrado like mine for £500.

I thought that was quite odd especially when he was in the room when i told the others id come to collect the corrado... I can only assume he drives a 3 year old Kia on finance an knows feck all about cars

dave

Yup must know complete bugger all about cars. People opening their traps before even know what their on about, p!sses me off!

According to one of the supervisors today I drive a Vauxhall Cordoba. Sometimes you just have to keep quiet and walk slowly away.

Lads in my office say it's older than my gran and leaks more fluids...

Oh and I fitted an induction kit. "Your car sounds like a type R. Only slower". The guy drives an Astra for funk sake!!!!!

Girl friend says " well it's abit old n square, and looks like the car off back to the future" I wasn't very chuffed at that!

What?? Sack her! :p

Went to TPS the other week and tell the guy i need a few parts. "what car he asks?" to which i reply "corrado VR6".

He then asks "oh the new one?" Being the nice chap i am i educate him and tell him it the old one.....they don't do a new one to which he replies "yes they do." I explain to him that he's mistaken the scirrocco for the corrado.

Don't think he appreciated it as it was 5 mins before they close and all of sudden the computer 'wasn't working' so i couldn't order my parts!

I was informed by a guy that i work with the other day that 'You've got a Corrado? oh yeah they were banned because of the emmisions they let off'

WTF?

My boss, the other day: "A Cor-what? Never heard of 'em"

:scratch:

Never hear the end of the Flux Capacitor comments from my sister. "Does it do 0-80 in 1.21 Jiggawatts?"

Went to go collect a few parts for the old girl today from a car parts supplier who was recommended by my local garage as they didn't have the bit's i needed,

All was good as i rocked with the old girl burbling away as she was nice and warm from the thrash down there!! went inside to ask for the bit's when the lad behind the desk said to me are they for that mk3 sirroco that you have just turned up in!!! trying not to be rude as i didn't want the price of the bit's to increase!! i gave him a quick education and told him that if they got the sirroco right the first time they wouldn't had to make a new version to get right! with that he said fare comment and nice motor by the way, so all in all a good lesson taught.

I met my wife talking about them.

She asked me 'what car do i have'.i replied 'you wont have heard of it,VW Corrado'.She said 'Of course i do,ive owned a G60 for 8 years in black' :shock:

I said i didnt believe her so she invited me back to her house where she had a picture of her Raddo on the wall!!! Good lass. Plus it was a smooth way to get to know her better,yeah :norty:

My mother can never get it right when i come for a visit.....clorrado,corrola... she just calls it,red noisey 'thing'

Yeah I get the, is it a Scirocco, or is it a VR6, is it a Golf, what is it.

well if you walk to the back of the car there's a big clue there CORRADO 16v :brickwall:

One of the funniest comments on this thread is the guy who took his car to a garage,

to which the mechanic said oh yeah I haven't worked on one of these Scirocco's for a wile,

the guy then took his car and drove off right there and then :lol: This is a classic.

The other funny one is the guy who said some bird asked him, is that the Back To The Future Car, yeah that's why the doors open normally :lol:

Any car that is over 5 years old people don't seem to remember what it is :scratch:

A 3 year old car they know it's a Astra, BMW, Ford, Citroen, Seat, VW and so on :shrug:

A 5 year old car they say, OH WHATS THAT THEN :lol: