mic_VR

mic_VR's VR - The Awakening!

Looks like new again Mic and I have to agree, the CH's really set the car of nicely :shades:

Love the Techtonics pea shooter tailpipe!

Even after a shine up it looks completely innoxious..... wouldn't have it any other way though!

Even after a shine up it looks completely innoxious..... wouldn't have it any other way though!

They look even better in vht black ;)

They look even better in vht black ;)

Doesn't look like it was fitted by kwikfit though then!

I'm using a bit of a Frankenstein setup.

R32 headers into a VR6 downpipe which has R32 flanges cut and welded onto it, then the downpipe has been cut and adjusted to fit and some lambda bungs in each bank. Easy!

Same here but with the 4mo manifolds

I want to have some thing like this

That is for the r36 from supersprint only if we had the space

f8fe63bbef2927bde4d33d1c6a4acc82.jpg

Supersprint only make headers for LHD cars and they cost a fortune! Nice though, and they work....cause they've been flow optimised and designed / made properly, unlike the majority of the cheap shat out there.

One thing I will say though is 24Vs are quite sensitive to headers & cats. I think the best result would be to do what KipVR did and use the whole lot, inc the cats, from the donor car. You can lose quite a bit of bottom end torque if the headers aren't quite right.

Had a bit of spare time this afternoon and someone asked me about exhaust sound the other day.... So had a little play with the gopro.....

[video=youtube_share;7tbxXlfS24M]

Filmed on an old farm road near me so couldn't go too quick. Best on headphones or decent speakers.

Had a bit of spare time this afternoon and someone asked me about exhaust sound the other day.... So had a little play with the gopro.....

[video=youtube_share;7tbxXlfS24M]

Filmed on an old farm road near me so couldn't go too quick. Best on headphones or decent speakers.

nice Mic I like it

I must borrow a friends gopro & do some of these type videos

I like your starting sound

Cheers mate, I thought it sounded OK.

Definitely get a go on a gopro. A bit time consuming to edit (I've got loads of footage I've not actually got around to sorting) but fun none the less.

that sounds brilliant! I didnt think the 2.8 was as gruff sounding as the 3.2 but yours really is awesome. CHs look the part too.

Cheers mate, I think a few people have been surprised by it given that most think the 24v kills the sound.

The exhaust helps a lot as it's 2.5' straight through. I may fit a decat if I get chance to see what that adds to the mix.

The CH's are looking good. Going to refurb the rota's and then it'll be keeping the CH's purely for best.

Loved that burble old Mincy made, still don't like that tail pipe though :wave:

Loved that burble old Mincy made, still don't like that tail pipe though :wave:

Haha! It's minimalist..... :lol:

James, feel free to slap up a video then mate so we can have a listen.

The 2.8 and R32 do both definitely have a very different sound to the 12v VR6, and your car does sound great Mic.. Though just to be controversial, I still think I'm more of a fan of the original engine note though :)

The 2.8 and R32 do both definitely have a very different sound to the 12v VR6, and your car does sound great Mic.. Though just to be controversial, I still think I'm more of a fan of the original engine note though :)

Unfortunately I don't have an external video of the old 12v with the techtonics fitted, only internal videos. Does sound different to the 12v that's for sure.