tim20vt

fully rebuilt 20vt

Cant believe ive missed this thread, just read through all the pages and as already said fantastic work, there are a lot of skilled individuals on this forum who can turn their hand to installing an engine or audio install but then getting a professional to finish other aspects, but you're in a league of your own doing the paint, re-trim, engine install and complete rebuild yourself!

Congratulations on the wedding and hopefully will get to see it at some shows this year

cheers all been doing a bit of finishing/trim work in the boot,i was going to tint the rear lights red but keep changing my mind so i left them as is.

as this car is far from original and pretty finished i realy want another aswell but just have no where to put it at moment and i couldnt sell this one to make room.

so i think this years main job will be find a couple of doors to work on as these arnt 100% perfect.

its tyres are rubbing the rear arch so i might need some 195/45/16s instead of the 205s or look at some 17 inch wheels instead.

IMAG0224.jpg

IMAG0226.jpg

Edited by tim20vt

IMAG0243.jpg

had a run to elsecar despite the bad weather and wet feet a good little show,a great turn out of corrados roll on some better weather.

just on the hunt for a standard grill as myns all stained from the buffing compound when i painted it and a few more bits of the underside to work on.

as the years have gone on a big part of me wishes the car was oem but its far down the road of no return,i also am attatched to it so selling its not an option.

so i decided to get a second one so with a big thanks to andy as this car is a real credit to his hard work i now have two corrados.

this will remain oem any further work will be on refurbing the underside and continuing andys great work..so a big thanks to him! and all the best.

C5OEM.jpg

Edited by tim20vt

Swine :)

You had the chance Jim :lol:

---------- Post added at 7:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:09 PM ----------

Tim, glad you took it on, a fine example as you well know. how did you get on with insurance?

Well done mate good buy there enjow it buddy and looking forward to seeing how you get on with it :)

amazing build mate you lucky bugger lol ..... but seriously i dont think either car could have gone to a better owner.

Yay. It's gone to an enthusiast. Had this horrible feeling it may end up in the hands of a hacker. The new chapter begins. Enjoy

thanks all

managed to finaly find an undamaged grill for the brown one

IMAG0251.jpg

and the first job for oem is to swap the wheel bearings,hubs and discs that came with it so i may aswell change the following at the same time,front pads,ball joints and and abs sensors.

i fancy refitting a set of side strips but thats all to the exterior.

i may well do the remaining powder coating and rebushing of the underside over winter as the underside is pretty clean anyway as is the whole car it seems a bit of a waste to have it laid up over the summer so i will just start gathering all the parts.

You had the chance Jim :lol:

---------- Post added at 7:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:09 PM ----------

Tim, glad you took it on, a fine example as you well know. how did you get on with insurance?

hi mate hic were the cheapest and handy as they insure the other,they did it on a classic policy.

great work on getting hold of c5 oem. first dibs if you sell it!

Sorry mate written into the deal....first dibs to me...lol

Well done, great news that the car has found a new home with a forum member. Its a truly stunning car and it really is a credit to all the hard work and dedication Andy put into it, i'm not sure he ever truly realised what a beautiful car it has become, i'm sure you'll enjoy it:thumbleft: I hope you do put the side mouldings back on

with the parts arrived i made a start,easy bit first new grill on

IMAG0262.jpg

then oem in the garage for some action.

new parts ready to go on,later discoverd the brake shields dont seem to fit a vr6,these are the same as my 4 stud rado so may have to see if theres another version still available and these will be handy spares for the other.

IMAG0259.jpg

old discs ready for the off

IMAG0255.jpg

and let the fun begin

IMAG0256.jpg

cv removal proved intresting along with the anti roll bar link.

IMAG0257.jpg

IMAG0258.jpg

fresh hubs/bearings that came with the car

IMAG0261.jpg

IMAG0264.jpg

bit of fresh paint

IMAG0267.jpg

and i think this shows whats needed next so a visit to vw on monday for a pair of recon calipers, threw a piston in i had spare for now as i couldnt wind it back.

IMAG0269.jpg

brakes are much better and the bearing groan is no more :-)

IMAG0254.jpg

so brake lines and some new refurb calipers next on the cards.

Edited by tim20vt