Philuk

Philuk 94 Aqua Blue VR6.. Reassemble Time

Thanks for the offer Phil , but ive already sorted some , they are painted and ready to fit .

Kind regards

Rob

So got the driver shafts and rocker cover back from powdercoat today and they have come out alright, shafts aren't spectacular but fit for the job, Chris sent me a new injector after I had a little error with one of mine, aswell I sent my gearbox end cap to be vapour blasted and zinc plates but it seems 20 years have been too much for it and holes have blown through it, fortunately they are available from the dealers still and not too expensive so I'll have to get one ordered!

Right! Injectors, wiring, rocker cover and inlet manifold are back on! I put the manifold on and then realised I had to put the wiring in for the injectors! Doh! This meant wrapping that piece of loom which I had left aside for a rainy day...... Today was that day!

Fitted the serpentine belt and tensioner aswell!

61dbcf1d92b255ad3fad0c9351f626f8.jpg2a69ccf00c9da0193b2546cb8987b6c7.jpg

I'm sending my throttle body the new gearbox end cap and the bracket for the engine wiring to the vapor blasting to get it all nice and clean!

Hopefully I will be putting the engine back in within the next couple of weeks! Exciting stuff! :D

Looks amazing, i thought mine looked clean, starting to wish i'd painted a few more bits but oh well.

One thing i don't like is using that fabric tape in the engine bay, not easy to keep clean and soaks up a bit of dampness and can turn white and crusty.

That's what I'm hoping, I have got my new starter motor and new end cap for the gearbox, Im sending the throttle body to get vapour blasted and cleaned up so it should look like new :)

back tomorrow so going to reassemble and fit the front subframe, then its raedy for the engine to go back in ;D

So I'm here now! Can't get the bushes into the front crossmember so I'm mad! Done the inner joints on the driveahafts gonna put the boots on for the outer ones and do the joints once the shafts are going back on, repainted be end cap and that will be about that!

Can you not make a jig with a threaded bar or something?

And some 1/2 drive sockets or pieces of pipe, big washers etc?

I think they recommend white grease for polybush lube?

Just gonna get El to get them pressed in at work, it won't take 2 mins for them whereas it will take hours for me to

Do it

I had a nightmare doing this too Phil. In the end I just soaked them in oil, and used a large Screwdriver using the handle up against the bush and pulling the 'cough' shaft to pull the in.

Awaits much sniggering. :rolleyes:

They are tight as Phil ! It can be done without a press but there will be a lot of swearing and sweating !

I figured for what pain and unnecessary swearing it would cause I'll get someone else to do it lol