KIPVW

Kip's Members Thread

Looking good! If I ever get my car finished 100% would be tempted by another daily driver.

Dont think I could cope with the worry of yet another Corrado though :grin: Plus I reckon you bought one that is far too nice! You will start polishing a bit here and swapping a bit there... Obviously in your blood. :wink:

Enjoy anyway

P.S What bike/bikes do you ride?

Re the bikes (as I have ownership of the keyboard for a while now!! :lol: )

A Colnago (Mapei limited edition paint scheme) when it is guaranteed not to rain or a Concord for those other summer days. General hack to work and back regardless of the weather a Fort.

And if i've got all that wrong I'm sure Kip will put it right in the morning :)

I have to say though i do normally dislike silver cars ... But i do like Corrado's in silver too as i feel not that many were around at the time of production so it looks a little different!

I agree completely, I can't help thinking that most people choose silver now because of resale values... think silver really suits rados, quite possibly #2 on my list after blackberry. You gonna buy RXs for it Kip?! :D

I have to say though i do normally dislike silver cars ... But i do like Corrado's in silver too as i feel not that many were around at the time of production so it looks a little different!

I agree completely, I can't help thinking that most people choose silver now because of resale values... think silver really suits rados, quite possibly #2 on my

list after blackberry. You gonna buy RXs for it Kip?! :D

:nono: Stop it you evil minx :lol: you know i'd love some but not sure if i can justify them on a daily but i keep thinking of ben's (ex osv) car with them on MMMMmmmmm Nice!

Looking good! If I ever get my car finished 100% would be tempted by another daily driver.

Dont think I could cope with the worry of yet another Corrado though :grin: Plus I reckon you bought one that is far too nice! You will start polishing a bit here and swapping a bit there... Obviously in your blood. :wink:

Enjoy anyway

P.S What bike/bikes do you ride?

Hi mate, as Jude says but the colnago is a C40 with Dura Ace throughout and Ksyrium ES wheels, A fantastic ride it really is and runs rings round people on the descents wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :lol:

Also the now second best bike is the concorde squadra with columbus genius tubing (very light steel) with Ultegra bits on. and the fort winter commute with all sorts of shimano on and Mavic Aksium wheels and i have an old mountain bike which i dont use that much now unless it snows :lol:

How bout you?

I agree completely, I can't help thinking that most people choose silver now because of resale values... think silver really suits rados, quite possibly #2 on my list after blackberry. You gonna buy RXs for it Kip?! :D

:nono: Stop it you evil minx :lol: you know i'd love some but not sure if i can justify them on a daily but i keep thinking of ben's (ex osv) car with them on MMMMmmmmm Nice!

:lol: I think the justification for having them on your daily is easy - you can't have them on your other one!! :lol: You never know you might find a bargain set like mine :)

Hi mate, as Jude says but the colnago is a C40 with Dura Ace throughout and Ksyrium ES wheels, A fantastic ride it really is and runs rings round people on the descents wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :lol:

Also the now second best bike is the concorde squadra with columbus genius tubing (very light steel) with Ultegra bits on. and the fort winter commute with all sorts of shimano on and Mavic Aksium wheels and i have an old mountain bike which i dont use that much now unless it snows :lol:

How bout you?

Very nice! Nice second bike to! LOL. I really want a nice light steel tubed roadie machine. I started off road biking and had a nice Colnago myself. However I got seduced by mountain biking so all my biking has headed that way now. So i have an old Pace RC200 and a Ti Cotic Soda. Do still road bike a bit though so also have a Santa Cruz Roadster and a winter Racelight trainer. Not sure if any of those will mean owt to you :D

Hi, think I meet you and Judith at Tatton Park the other weekend. Could have spoke with you for ages but had a 5 hour journey to get back home and the judges were closing in! What was the outcome at Tatton Park did either of your cars win?

Your garage looks great! Wish I could have something like that but I need to concentrate on getting my Storm 100%

Very nice! Nice second bike to! LOL. I really want a nice light steel tubed roadie machine. I started off road biking and had a nice Colnago myself. However I got seduced by mountain biking so all my biking has headed that way now. So i have an old Pace RC200 and a Ti Cotic Soda. Do still road bike a bit though so also have a Santa Cruz Roadster and a winter Racelight trainer. Not sure if any of those will mean owt to you :D

Yeah familiar with the santa cruz brand but dont know much else about them! We sell racelight frames where i work and are an excellent choice for an all round bike let alone just for winter weather use. :?

Hi, think I meet you and Judith at Tatton Park the other weekend. Could have spoke with you for ages but had a 5 hour journey to get back home and the judges were closing in! What was the outcome at Tatton Park did either of your cars win?

Your garage looks great! Wish I could have something like that but I need to concentrate on getting my Storm 100%

Hi Andy, wish i knew who you were as its funny chatting through a screen! :lol: I was runner up to the Mk2 Scirocco which was on the very end of the line so was very pleased, a little more work to do to Judiths yet though but i'm sure she'll be whooping me soon :lol:

4 Corrado's!!, I live in Sheffield and never see any!!

Nice collection you have there, top work!!

Rich

Well it's been on the drive since thursday without tax :( but it was taxed today so will be takin it to work for the firs time tomorrow :clap:

I agree completely, I can't help thinking that most people choose silver now because of resale values... think silver really suits rados, quite possibly #2 on my

list after blackberry. You gonna buy RXs for it Kip?! :D

in that case, he's some fuel for your fire...

2502578075_de8ba72bd1.jpg

2503408516_9bc7d8c332.jpg

2503410828_95f0d78976.jpg

2502582113_775923ab35.jpg

:shades:

Only just looked at this, cracking car Paul congrats on the purchase! :clap: If you need the paint sprucing up you know where i am :wink: :lol:

Behave you lot! :lol: how nice does Ben's car look on those wheels though? :shades:

Cheers Rob will have a good look over it soon but some of the panels have been painted recently so it looks pretty good!

Previous owner was the body shop manager at a VW Dealers :grin:

Lol! took a while to start after work so some issues to look at there! pretty much expected it though so fongers crossed for aneasy fix :eek:

Lol! took a while to start after work so some issues to look at there! pretty much expected it though so fongers crossed for aneasy fix :eek:

hope you get it sorted soon Kip

Thanks Fay, am sure it'll be nothing serious :ignore: but i've probably just tempted fate :lol:

Kip, have a good look around the wire from the crank sensor.

It's right behind the front engine mount bracket and is a git to see, maybe jack the car up and get under the front. The last one I had trouble with, the wire was all broken and cracked and had started shorting out giving intermittant cutting out etc (like on the motorway sat in the outside lane :shock: ) it got worse and worse until it wouldn't start. Replaced the sensor and its fine now (my dads 2.0 8v Golf :) ).

Coils are also a bit suspect on those cars, so check for a good spark, but that could be crank sensor as above still.

Hope this helps!

Can you feel the need for a double deck garage coming on :wink:

Nice find, if you could get some willing drivers you could get all 4 to the national day or maybe trailer them in :lol:

Can you feel the need for a double deck garage coming on :wink:

Nice find, if you could get some willing drivers you could get all 4 to the national day or maybe trailer them in :lol:

Now there's an idea Vaughan :lol:

Spent last night cleaning the seats and the headlining with Auto Glym interior cleaner which is amazing stuff, you should have seen the colour of the water in the bucket after only 5 mins work, had to change it a few times :roll:

Will smell much fresher now though :clap:

Will get some better pics up soon!

Cheers andrew! How's your new addition coming along? :grin:

she is doing brilliantly, though her nappy per hour consumption could do with being a tad lower. Sorry for the late response, but we are on holiday in france at the mo.

have now seen it in the flesh & I must say it looks good rolling mate :wave:

still havent brought the wheels for you have i though!! :gag: