KIPVW

Kip's Members Thread

Well ta for the comments chaps! :salute:

Pete thats good info matey thanks although i'm now getting a little paranoid as i have a vibratechnics on my VR :?

I thought it did a good job if i'm honest but what happened to yours? did it just start to fall apart or something?

Looking good KIP, love the sebrings, i was thinking of changing the wheels on my 8v to maybe 16"s but its so nice to drive with the originals might just leave them :) let us know how you get on with the front mount as mine needs replacing also, silver 8vs rule :lol: By the waty , did you put on 195 50s or 185 55s?

Hard to reccommend the Vibratechnics front mount on a daily mate. I got Stealth to fit one for me at my last service to replace the 2.0 16v's "pudding mount" and am failing to notice any benefit from it. All I've found more is much more increased vibration in the cabin when doing low speed stuff such as reversing and parking when I don't give the car enough revs.

Probably quite nice on a tuned / fast road car but I'd personally go back to the standard one if I had to have another mount fitted!

Cheers Leigh, really pleased with the look if i'm honest, had loads of looks driving it home today too :grin:

Jim, you may be correct in what you say and maybe its just the original one fitted is past its best but they aren't much cheaper than the Vibra ones thats what made me think of it, I really noticed the difference when i fitted one to the VR too but wasnt expecting much from the baby of the bunch just a little more solidity when accelerating.

Will have a chat with Graham & Dave on monday as going down to have the clutch & Chains & everything else done next week, 3 Days off work to play with cars wheeeeeee! :lol:

Went for the 195/50/15 option on the tyres matey, which is what the 8v's came with anyway :wink:

i was scrolling down thinking the 5 spokes were the new shoes and wasn't too impressed :lol:

so much better on the sebrings 8) 8)

i was scrolling down thinking the 5 spokes were the new shoes and wasn't too impressed :lol:

so much better on the sebrings 8) 8)

:lol: Yeah sorry, i'm a bit naff at uploading pics and stuff so thought i'd split the post to be on the safe side as sometimes it just crashes and loses half an hours worth of typing and picture adding :epicfail: :lol:

Went for the 195/50/15 option on the tyres matey, which is what the 8v's came with anyway :wink:

now come on Kip, they're never 15" wheels?? I was going to say 13s at the most, i mean look how much arch space there is!! ;)

now come on Kip, they're never 15" wheels?? I was going to say 13s at the most, i mean look how much arch space there is!! ;)

:lol: you know i like the original look John, and have you seen the state of the roads in Yorkshire :roll:

I Do agree though that there is a fair old gap but i'm not doing the suspension again as only recently added the bilstein B4 dampers, mounts bushes & bolts etc :wave:

Well some of you will know that at the back end of last year my clutch started showing signs of wear, none more so than when we were on the Nurburgring trip with 3 people and enough camping gear for the whole us army :lol:

Anyway as the car was on just over 90k I knew it was going to be a big one as I had to do the chains and tensioners and whatever else came along at the same time.

The car went away for the winter and i knew come spring it would have to be done, so once Stanford Hall was over with it was time to get moving with it as it was getting worse, I was thrilled to bits when i knew Graham & Dave were setting up DG Autotech as i know they are more than capable at this job.

So i booked off some holidays and set off with slippy clutch down to Worcester, once there they soon started to take it to bits and crack on as it were, i learned quite a lot about various bits which i didn't have a clue did what :scratch:

I think they were a little paranoid though with the car doing a lot of shows etc, so i told them to get the hell on with it! Its just a car :lol:

The clutch was totally shot and running on the rivets too! Ooops! Got my moneys worth then!

And when the cam cover came off they were both complimentary on how good everything looked, testament to regular oil changes and no short journeys, i get the car out and often drive a fair way to events & things so never just pop to the shop in it or anything.

The famous top tensioner that had given me nightmares was in pristine condition as if it had only done 30k but i didn't want to put it back in :lol:

I also had a small missfire which was traced to a cracked coilpack, and a mighty fine crack it was too.

Mines recently had the same, gives great peace of mind doesn't it :)

hey Kip - fantastic to see the work getting done - especially at Dave and Graham's place :D

you'll be happy as larry when you've had that done - such peace of mind for the future.

your car is looking stunning as always - i don't blame poor Dave and Graham for being apprehensive about it - wouldn't you be if you were in their shoes!!!

i'm sure they'll see you right though - i don't know anyone like those two who have the passion, enthusiams and most importantly UNDERSTANDING to do a cracking job on other people's motors - like their website says - run by enthusiats for enthusiats :D (i just wish they did more jap stuff now!)

keep us posted pal - love seeing piccies of your lovely motors

:)

Heh.. they said that the "shake down" test drive to make sure everything was ok was the most terrifying they've ever done. Not because of performance but because of being terrified at pranging it!! Understandable really!

Heh.. they said that the "shake down" test drive to make sure everything was ok was the most terrifying they've ever done. Not because of performance but because of being terrified at pranging it!! Understandable really!

LOL! Yeah they did tell me that too :lol: Pansies.

Next up was a little parts renovation, a lot of the alloy parts including the gearbox and inlet manifold were a little oxodised and looking a bit tired so after seeing (bruney's) various parts he'd refurbed and talking about the techniques used it simply had to be done.

I must just say a massive thanks to Dave Brunyee, not just for the use of his lift recently but for actually giving me the inspiration to move the car to another level! Cheers Dave :notworthy:

So while everything was off it was arranged after some frantic phoning round it wqas arranged with Crzydaves old work place that we could use their sand & aqua blasting equipment :clap:

Off we went with a car full of old looking VR6 bits to do the deed, after many hours sand blasting then aqua blasting being carefull around any seals and mounting faces (etc) the results spoke for themselves and i have to confess when i saw the boits afterwards i nearly came in my pants :lol: :luvlove:

Then i thought the main block ought to have a lick of paint too to tidy eveything up.

As well as a few other bits not really related to doing the clutch & chains i decided to replace a lot of other bits including,

Crack pipe & Thermo housing

New Radiator

Rear engine & Gearbox mounts

Both waterpumps

Top belt tensioner

New sump which has been powder coated for extra protection

And a whole load of bits i have no idead do what :lol:

To say i was completely happy with both Graham & Dave working on my car is an understatement, it turned what i had been thinking would be a complete nightmare into almost a pleasure, i loved being around to clean paint bits and try to understand a bit more abouth the engine itself.

To say they did a good job would not be right, they did an outstanding job and i have had to do absoloutely nothing afterwards. It ran perfectly on the way home and everything was as it should be and better!

I must just therefore say an Immense thanks to two very dedicated people Graham & Dave it was a pleasure to have the job done by you

guys! :clap: :wave:

I took so many pics during this job it's a bit unreal so if anyone needs any close up pics for anything let me know :wave:

i would love to know more, see some pics..... I want these guys to rebuild my VR and give it a lick of paint etc... make it look like new :D just getting the shopping list together now, lets say it will be an overhaul!!

Been in contact with Dave and seems the perfect place for my car :notworthy:

You will not be dissapointed with the care & service mate. :grin:

Are you at the CCGB National Day tomorrow?

affraid im not :( next place i will be is inters!! and that will be in my mates G60 as mine is off the road at the min... It should be sprayed and ready to go for a rebuild in just over 2 months.... :D

All the hard work was worth it to see your face when you opened the bonnet for the first time Kip!

It made me rather damp too!

All the hard work was worth it to see your face when you opened the bonnet for the first time Kip!

It made me rather damp too!

I have never liked the look of the VR6 but after seeing Kip's i came home and started looking at VR6's to buy :lol:

Looks stunning! Really looking forward to seeing it in the metal tomorrow 8) DGA are class :D

Spoke to Dave today, he said that you were rather pleased with the work they'd done, can't say would have expected anything else :)

You got any pics of the bay as it stands now? Dave said that the back of the bay seemed to shine (due to the shiney gearbox) 8)