Sign in to follow this  
carpoid

Anyone tried these Red Rear Light Tints

Looks good, how's the match in real-terms to the red lower part though?

Needs a stripe of Satin black between the lenses and the uppers surfaces spraying satin too IMHO.

i used the spray on mine and im not 100% happy. i put orange LED bulbs in and ive stilll had to make modifications to the wiring in order to stop the wiring thinking there is a bulb out. the led bulb now just looks like a orange dot flashing. makes me nervouse everytime there is someone behind me cause i dunno if they have seen it. im tempted to go towards the inpro clear ones just so i have proper indicators! lol

I'm another sucker who brought green bulbs, My brother nearly drove into the back of me they were that dull!! just go for the LEDs with relays, so easy to fit

Tint spray has now faded on my lights after 6 months!

Going to try the film next.

Yeah, mine did that aswell matey,

I think washing the car and direct sunlight fades em. Best bet is to give em a bit of laquer to help.

To be honest, giving them a tidy up every so often isn't too bad.

I've been through about 3 or 4 sets of bulbs now in the quest of finding something that I consider "safe"

Call me an idiot or whatever.. but I just get a little bit woried knowing that people can't see my indicators... as I also had an incident when someone got very annoyed about not being able to work out that I was trying to turn!

I can pretty much guarantee that these are THE brightest bulbs that are going to be available on the market. They are SILLY bright SILLY orange!

Can probably see em for miles at night!

Importantly, they are visible even in bright sunlight.

I bought these from the link below and they were excellent.

1157_30led6.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190239136459&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=320251318667&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=StoreCatToStoreCat&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget&_trksid=p284.m183&_trkparms=algo%3DDR%26its%3DS%252BI%252BSS%26itu%3DISS%252BUCI%252BSI%26otn%3D4

Cool, those bulbs look to be worth buying, i'll order some in a minute.

Still havn't received my tints in the post, i've got 2 sets of rear lights to play with so i may end up spraying them again, cheers for the link.

I just some leds from ebay and still show up red on rears. I reckon im guna have problems as mine are crystal top m3 lenses so no amber in them what so ever.

Will try the above bulbs

Anyone suffering from faded tinted lamps needs to read or re read the wiki, i'd followed it religiously with multiple coats of red tint (7-8) and a good few coats of laquer (3) and i've had no bother with them fading and they've been on for a 3-4 months.

Cars been washed multiple times and sits outside in the sunlight all day. They look as good as the day i fitted them.

With regards green bulbs, i've never tried them but i can imagine that they would be seriously dim. I too have gone down the LED bulb and resistor route and i'm really impressed with the results. Tis all about getting some bulbs with LED's all over them apposed to ones which has LED's all facing forward, spreads the light much better inside the lamp. Perfectly visible day and night, and a nice quick on/off flash as well.

Hope this helps.

I think there is a difference between mixing colours of light and colours of paint. This may explain why green bulbs work with painted lights but amber bulbs are needed when film is used for tinting as posted by Riley in the link that was posted by was8v.

Yes. Paint colours are subtractive, but light colours are additive. If you mix red, yellow and blue paint you get "black" (more or less), but if you add red, green and blue LIGHT together you get white (more or less)..

The problem here is that you have a white bulb and coloured filters (subtractive). If you shine white light through a red filter, you get red light out. A green light bulb is a white bulb with a green filter on it.. So if you add a red and green filter (both of which are not perfect filters) you get an orangey light out, but it's much dimmer than normal.

Really what you want is a material that has a red outer surface (so looks red when light reflects off it), but actually passes red and green light through it (so it looks orangey when lit up). This is how they do it now.

just recieved the leds mario suggested and they are amazing. My lenses being crystal m3 1s have no orange to help out but these bulbs give a perfect orange light in a red lense.

bulbs.jpg

Woohoo that is good news.

Received my bulbs last week and spent a rainy Sunday prepping my lights for spraying.

So can't wait now :)

Happy to be of service... and happy to be helping with the safety aspect of modding corrados!

I know a lot of people don't care that their Indis flash red.. but personally, I don't like it one bit!

Happy to be of service... and happy to be helping with the safety aspect of modding corrados!

I know a lot of people don't care that their Indis flash red.. but personally, I don't like it one bit!

I wouldnt even be painting mine red if it wasnt for these bulbs so cheers.

Just not worth the risk

Matt

yep i needed resistors. got them else where on ebay for about £6 search load resistor

Have you got a link to these at all?

Im not the best when it comes to electrics :D

Thanks

Matt

Excellent, cheers for that flusted.

I got the bulbs too.

I got the red films from the states, didn't like them though, so i've had to order some savage spray tint from Larkspeed in the UK cos i couldn't find it anywhere in Australia.

Nice one thankyou, just purchased.

I dont suppose you can tell me how to fit them as well can you? lol

Then if you could come and hold my hand for a bit whilst I try to go to sleep that would be great :D