Sign in to follow this  
carpoid

Anyone tried these Red Rear Light Tints

There was a group buy of empiregfx stuff here a while back, so I guess a few people may have them!

I got a set of front light tints from them, and wasn't 100% happy with how they fit around the edges of the lights. It's quite a thick film, so I'd imagine that there would be a bit of a problem when it came to the edges fo the rear lights too......but I've never actually seen a set of the rears in the flesh :|

I've had the red rears on for a while and I'm really happy with them. Just take your time when fiting and you'll need orange LED indicators

Green and Red make orange do they? Think it's a trip back to primary school for you, fella! :lol:

Tis true! Do a search on the forum, there used to be loads of threads about trying to find the right shade of green bulbs etc from years back. :wink:

There was a post from somebody who tried green bulbs and they didn't work. I'm sure its in the group buy thread for the film.

Ive got them on my car. You can buy them with slits cut into them so letting through the orange light 8)

I am not too happy with the end product though. Great at a distance but not fantastic close up......

Why not tint yours again & laquor them afterwords?

I might just do that, i can't get red tint in a can over here so i'd have to get a body shop to do them though.

I've ordered some to see what they're like for myself as they wern't that expensive.

by mean you mean yellow :|

p.s. this is in the post, happy christmas

Don't be so quick to say that - I was!!!!

I just could not believe it would work from my primary school and later physics lessons.

But it is true! With standard bulbs my red tinted rears flashed predictably red.

With Green bulbs they flashed very orange though not as bright.

See my pics at viewtopic.php?f=3&t=63845&start=19

Yup, seen them work in a few cars now. Didn't really see the point in arguing about playschool colour mixing, when aside from the fact that it 'shouldn't' work, it is blatantly obvious that it does! :roll:

I think there is a difference between mixing colours of light and colours of paint. This may explain why green bulbs work with painted lights but amber bulbs are needed when film is used for tinting as posted by Riley in the link that was posted by was8v.

Bit of a hijack but im tempted to tint the top of my m3 crystal style lenses red but unsure best product to do it? paint or film?

Bit of a hijack but im tempted to tint the top of my m3 crystal style lenses red but unsure best product to do it? paint or film?

Would love to reply but scared of taking a right Raking from "the Monkey" :lol:

Paint & Laquer have a look at Bally's thred on edition 38 he re-did his just before going to MIVW they were clear/chrome effect ones.

Thats my car in that pic btw :clap:

I had the original ones which were solid red over the indicators and square cut out for the reverse lights. Even with green bulbs the indicators didnt pass MOT :censored: so i had to lose them just to get it through MOT!

I asked Joe at empire to send me another set (considering my car was used in PVW to show them off i think i deserved a free set :lol:) he happily accepted and sent me one of the latest designs which has slits cut out of the indicator section so the orange of the original indicators shined through, back with normal indicator bulbs and they flash orange..ish well they passed MOT this year anyway so they must be orange enough :lol:

Speak to Joe at empire and ask for a set with the slits cut out for the indicators. You cant really notice them from distance, you have to look for them really.

Speak to Joe at empire and ask for a set with the slits cut out for the indicators. You cant really notice them from distance, you have to look for them really.

:worthless:

Green bulbs are rubbish..

Get high power amber LEDs and resistors.

My indicators are brighter and more orange than they used to be nowdays, even with the all red rears!

I had the original ones which were solid red over the indicators and square cut out for the reverse lights. Even with green bulbs the indicators didnt pass MOT :censored: so i had to lose them just to get it through MOT!

I asked Joe at empire to send me another set (considering my car was used in PVW to show them off i think i deserved a free set :lol:) he happily accepted and sent me one of the latest designs which has slits cut out of the indicator section so the orange of the original indicators shined through, back with normal indicator bulbs and they flash orange..ish well they passed MOT this year anyway so they must be orange enough :lol:

interesting, i took part in the group buy, but sold my tints on after seeing the pics of the indicators.

i wondered about buying clear lenses and fitting the red tints to them, probably a silly way to do it :lol:

interesting, i took part in the group buy, but sold my tints on after seeing the pics of the indicators.

i wondered about buying clear lenses and fitting the red tints to them, probably a silly way to do it :lol:

They would still shine red mate as Torsten, the forum member i met whilst out in Germany, had the same idea but he still had to use the LED bulbs with resistors to get them to shine amber.

I have a set of the LED indicators somewhere and was ready to use them for the MOT but it passed so they must shine amber enough.