fla

Aqua blue pearl VR - p.34 bonnet cable repair

Toffee - well tbh, i did buy it because it was an auto, but since converting it i wouldnt go back to one, unless it was DSG!

Suffered from the dreaded doorcard leak yesterday, with a wet drivers mat, not too much but i thought i'd better do something about it before it got worse. Some pics below, hope this helps anyone else who has this problem. Flashing tape will be removed summer next year, too cold now. One of my early errors, now i do regret it...

my door has still got the original membrane which goes over the whole door. Is it leak proof by covering just the bits as you have done?

mine had the old membrane which also covers the whole door - i just pulled it off, cleaned the door with white spirit and fitted the new sheet. Basically you look for any areas that water could enter and seal those. I dont fancy the complete sealing up with Damplifier approach as you may need to access the door at some point. These are te only water access points and they should be seled ok now. Well, i'll tell you if i have to swim out of the car next time there's a downpour !

There were a few dings and dent, plus some scratches on the car that had bugged me since i bought it. So i bit the bullet and gave it in to be reprayed - basically the sides and back panel. Was going to get the rear arches rolled but after speaking with Zak decided against it, i'll get some differnt tyres instead.

Anyway, some progress shots. The drivers door had some terrible dings which i should have photographed, but the paint shop has taken some.

Bump strips removed, getting the door handles colour-coded as well as the mirrors and the rear number plate surround. Should clean it up nicely, just need to finish off my shocks, paint and fit them. Then the front brakes, then that'll be it until it warms up.Book1.pdf11112009668.jpg[/attachment:23mgotaa]stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf11112009669.jpg[/attachment:23mgotaa]ETKA Corrado.pdf11112009670.jpg[/attachment:23mgotaa]stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf11112009671.jpg[/attachment:23mgotaa]Corrado92.pdf11112009672.jpg[/attachment:23mgotaa]passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf11112009673.jpg[/attachment:23mgotaa]climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf11112009674.jpg[/attachment:23mgotaa]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf11112009675.jpg[/attachment:23mgotaa]11112009676.jpg[/attachment:23mgotaa]

£120 per panel, but the other bits are freebies :clap:

From my limited research thats well cheap...... :salute: .......Places I've been looking at asking more like £250.

he's a friend of mine so he gives me 'mates rates'. If you want to get in touch with him let me know and i'll pm you his number. Just tell him Hasan referred you.

when you told me your cars was in the bodyshop didnt realise you were gettingthe whole sides of the car painted, your car will be looking fresh once its done 8)

Id get the rear quarter glasses removed otherwise youll have big paint edges next to the rubbers and eventually it will peel.

ditto...its worth it in the long run for sure mate,still will look the part once done 8)

Thanks for the advice guys. What he's done is to push the rubbers in inside the edge of the window frame and he'll pull them out again when its done. You're both correct because it had had some paint in the past on one of the quarters and there was some paint overspray on the rubbers, although it hadnt peeled over the 4-5 years i've had the car, perhaps i've just been just been lucky

Well, I carried on with the repainting of the shocks today. Hammerite is quite difficult use use properly, especially, as i found with the silver paint. It also tends to run through various holes, so whilst i managed to do the black part of shocks ok, the silver will need to be rubbed down tomorrow and sprayed to get an even finish. I know you'll never see them once they're on but it will look nice when being installed :) Hated the yellow, silver with red springs will look much better. 8) I'm not painting the top collar which is removed for refilling.

Book1.pdf15112009683.jpg[/attachment:1tgornyh]stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf15112009685.jpg[/attachment:1tgornyh]ETKA Corrado.pdf15112009687.jpg[/attachment:1tgornyh]stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf15112009688.jpg[/attachment:1tgornyh]Corrado92.pdf15112009692.jpg[/attachment:1tgornyh]passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf15112009693.jpg[/attachment:1tgornyh]climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf15112009698.jpg[/attachment:1tgornyh]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf15112009701.jpg[/attachment:1tgornyh]15112009702.jpg[/attachment:1tgornyh]

picked up the car today and i'm well pleased with it. The little colour coding details like the mirrors, removal of the door strips, colour coded rear plinth and door handles set it off a treat. Once teh shocks are finished they'll be going on so that will be the external cosmetics pretty much completed. I've got some pics in the phone which i'll post up in a bit. One thing though, the outer seal on the door windows does not go down fully on either side - pics are below - is there any way to solve this?ETKA Corrado.pdf16112009704.jpg[/attachment:1w2usmns]stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf16112009705.jpg[/attachment:1w2usmns]Corrado92.pdf16112009707.jpg[/attachment:1w2usmns]passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf16112009708.jpg[/attachment:1w2usmns]climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf16112009709.jpg[/attachment:1w2usmns]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf16112009711.jpg[/attachment:1w2usmns]16112009715.jpg[/attachment:1w2usmns]

I dressed the tyres after taking the photos which cleans it up nicely as well. Didnt take any pics though. Refitted the doorcards, as i wasnt confidnet that they would reapply the door membrance satisfactorily.

wow the paintwork has freshened your car up nicely. I'll have to come check it out soon 8)

Youll need a new seal. They tend to go like that.

yep, same thing happened to me... tried to sort of bent it back in place but it just made matters worse...

bought some new ones...

Wow paint work looks lovely now, much improved! Might have to pay your friend a visit sometime next year :norty:

Perhaps some new legal uk plates next? Mine were dirty and faded and made the car look dated, you'll be surprised how much difference a fresh set of plates make. Fairly inexpensive too, I got mine from here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Road-Legal-NUMBER ... 35a4e310b1

Young dub, i might still need your deft hands on bringing the best out of it - i'll give Zak a shout and see what he says. Hows the A3 running?