Abdul

A comeback is looming...

Abdul, I have a Jetex full stainless steel exhaust on mine. It sounds great, not raspy, just a deep bass like rumble, with a nice "popping" on the over run. I took a look at the Supersprint, but I'm not really a big fan of the tail pipe design, prefer the oval tail pipe to keep the original look.

nope.. centre caps are way off! :dance:

Lol I was waiting for someone to notice that!!

Always liked AZEV's, love it mate, nice and simple.

Cheers Dave...

Driver, have a look at Gareth (osv's) thread; the Supersprint is as close to OEM as you'll get. The jetex is like the magnex etc, looks good but not quite the same...

Rob don't worry I haven't forgotten lol

I've seen OSV's at a show last year and if I were getting a new exhaust that's the one I'd get.

Whats happening Abs??

Get a Jetex dude....I'm loving mine (thanks to nando's advice).....for me; the only exhaust to get for a VR6! =)

Nah gna go custom J...

Unless I get a Supersprint lol. I just love the tip on it, the best available IMO.

How's your 16v swap comin along? I should be going to Nando's on Saturday to sort a few bits...

Well the Porsche brakes are off and the 288's on.

I can run 16's now! :) Plus I have a hankering for 15" speedlines lol.

Now we got em off and the pads despite having plenty of meat were shot!

Disks were properly f*cked on the rear side...

Holes were full of crap and the actual face of the disk was worn through in a few places along with some rust etc.

This pic makes em look better then they are!

655bc61e.jpg

Water pump needs to be done next so I'm going to replace the coolant temp sensor at the same time as I have a small warm start issue. Probably do the alt belt too.

Cheers

Abdul

Hmmm, that's why the brakes have no power. The brake pad swept area is tiny, which would make sense with them being Boxster rears.

To be honest the fronts nearly swept the whole disk but the rear pads were almost a different shape altogether hence the rather large amount of area unswept lol.

Fack knows what was up with those pads but they were properly retarded lol.

Edited by Abdul

car's looking good mate. seen nando yesterday cos mine is misbehaving a bit but he's on the case. proper chuffed you put me onto him. i've got some speed lines in need of a new home and a refurb. I can't get to them at the minute but by the weekend I'll get some pics up. In need of a refurb and one may be buckled but keep your eyes peeled for an ad next weekend if you are interested.

Cheers for the heads up mate. I'm going to wait untill a mint set comes along with good tyres by as I can't be bothered with the hassle of refurbs etc. Even then the rado will be going back to see Nando soon enough as it needs a few bits doing.

He's great isn't he!

As much as I like the 17's Ive gotta say the moonlight blue auto VR in the classifieds sitting on speedlines just looks so right to me for some reason. I wish they were a bit wider from factory though. To be fair it's one of the main reasons I wanted rid of the porkas rather then sticking on fresh disks and pads. There's something awesome about the way 288's fill out speedlines..

---------- Post added at 1:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:03 AM ----------

Having said all that the other half of me wants some silly wide dishy 16's lol.

Edited by Abdul

No worries mate. I'm all for speedlines and I've had the 288 and mk IV brakes sitting there for about a year...need to stop being lazy and get them in.

Get Nando to sort it.

He had my porkas off and 288's on in under an hour inc bleeding the system and me distracting him with my bs lol.

On another note the grill is now black as I can't stand colour coded grills.

Excuse the dirt, havent washed the car since the detail lol.

df20e234.jpg

Dirty?? Looks great to me.

I agree black grills look best.

BTW, I was looking at the wrong Supersprint exhaust tail pipes, and I now understand what you mean about the Supersprint being as close to OEM.

Cheers driver, it was dirty believe me!

A few pics after a wash today. Going to try and get a coat of wax on the car tommorow if I can find a moment. Will probably have to wait until saturday.

SAM_0925.jpg

SAM_0936.jpg

SAM_0947.jpg

SAM_0945.jpg

SAM_0942.jpg

I am absolutely useless at taking photos, sorry lol.

Leathers were cleaned a couple days ago too.

SAM_0934.jpg

Anyone on here who has rustless/dentless factory paint that complains about the finish needs shooting.

The roof is the only panel on my car that's got original paint and was only hit once with menz intensive polish when I gave the car a light detail a few weeks back.

SAM_0946.jpg

I wish the rest looked like that lol.

Oh spacers are off the front btw, need to wind the coilys down, just being lazy plus I know once I unseize em it's going to create a snowball effect where I'll lower the car a few mm every day until it's undrivable then raise it 1mm and declare it perfectly drivable lol...

Thanks for looking.

Love looking a mirror paint work, especially on the rado. Have you got a picture of the front end with the chrome Vw badge? Either on the colour coded grill or black grill?

Thanks guys!! :)

Rams ive got a chrome badge somewhere, I'll stick it on at some point this week and take a Piccy for you...

Water pump is making strange noises so that's going to be replaced later this week along with the coolant temp sensor, alt belt and some fresh g12...

Had to run an errand on Friday about 6am and it was foggy as funk and freezing. I must say the car loved it, it was noticeably quicker then usual...

In response to this I'm starting to look at OEM airbox options. Could buy another BMC but they're ugly so meh...

Cheers

Edited by Abdul

"Had to run an errand on Friday about 6am and it was foggy as funk and freezing. I must say the car loved it, it was noticeably quicker then usual..."

The freezing foggy morning air is much denser, so the engine gets more air (and petrol) per inlet stroke, so you get more power! I think the VR6 engine in particular responds very well to cool intake air. That's why I would never use an open cone filter on mine as it just sucks in the hot air from the engine bay.

I agree with your driver. The VR runs hot enough as it is lol.

Funny, this is the best rado I've owned by a loooooooooong way but I don't really enjoy it much. Not as much as I thought I would anyway. Ever since I sold my first valver like a plonker I've been trying to find that magic again but it's just not there. :(

^^ Exactly the same as me fella, I went through 8 years of buying and selling rados after foolishly selling my original one and none of them came close to that first one, whether it was because the first one was a much better car or whether it was just because it was my first Corrado experience I'll never know, but for some reason I couldn't get as attached to any of the others, weird!

It has to be said though, a Mystic blue storm with a 24v is pretty much Corrado perfection, I'm surprised you're not feeling it!

Alot of love lost with these corrado`s.....mine will be with me for life...it`s like a curse that will never let me go/......however hard I try...

Andy I'm glad your keeping yours after all the work you've put into it!

Walesy, I'm just back and forth mate. I end up selling whatever corrado I've got because it ends up doing nothing for me then I buy a normal car n then I'm back in a rado within a few months.

Either way this is my last one.

Btw I just received the sales brochhure so thanks mate. Honestly the posty just arrived with it as I was in the middle of putting a price together for the sale of my rado lol. You both just saved me a load of heart ache haha!

Flicking through it now and to be honest i think I'm going to put my car back to a standard-ish state. It looks amazing from factory. I kinda wish I had a 12v now lol.

Cheers

Haha, glad it arrived safely, and yeah some of the pics in there are mouth watering, there's just something about seeing pics of them brand new :)

As I said, I did the same as you, flitting from one rado to the next, sometimes onto other cars in between then back to a rado because I missed having one on the drive, they're funny cars because they can be 'bettered' in most areas if not all, but no matter what you replace them with they keep nagging at you in the back of your head.

Putting it back nearer to standard sounds like a good plan, if that's your thing? I reckon you should give it a while before making any decisions about selling up, you've not had it long and sometimes it takes a while for a car to feel like it's 'yours'.