easypops

My VR6 and Storm

Do you have the link to the dye ? I found some on flea bay , but not the glyptone stuff.

Here you go mate, I chose this for the(hopeful)ease of it to use plus it's an apply and forget as no sealant is required. I'm happy with the results so far but I'm only going over the top of the same colour. I might have went for the furniture clinic stuff if I wanted to change colour. You'll need leather cleaner and conditioner plus a solvent to follow instructions on this one. I bought 1litre

http://www.liquidleather.com/en/scuffmaster-dyes/61-scuffmaster-dye-for-leather.html#/size-1_litre

You'll need to find/choose your colour as well, the one I got was VW Corrado 95 beige

I did my passenger seat last night . Great finish and an easy product to use . I applied the paint like a French polisher , using a pad of linin .

Thanks for the link mate .

I did my passenger seat last night . Great finish and an easy product to use . I applied the paint like a French polisher , using a pad of linin .

sweet!

nice to hear of another good result - when I did a steering wheel last year it came out lovely

VR seats being done when the weather improves

did you take any before & after pictures?

No worries mate, your seat is looking great(saw it on FB) , I've just had no time to do any more yet......need to re glue the door card leather too before I can do them

Gold , I will take a pic of the drivers seat before as that is obviously the worst .

Easy , yeah one of mine needs gluing too .

Gold , I will take a pic of the drivers seat before as that is obviously the worst .

Easy , yeah one of mine needs gluing too .

nice thank you

Really nice thread mate, enjoyed it with a cup of midnight caffee.

Greetings from Bosnia, nice forum btw.

Thank you mate, it's a great forum, very friendly and full of very knowledgable people(I don't include myself as one of them :) )

So, it was a nice day yesterday and as I got the latest VR6 home(had it in the work car park since collecting it as I had to get rid of a breaker to move this in :lol:)

Out with this

7AED8710-9A76-4067-A95C-CC0457A1A81E.jpg

In with this

30C520DA-285C-465A-B5C8-5F835705217D.jpg

This is the latest one myself and another Corrado lunatic(Goldie)have halved in for, fingers crossed it can be saved but it'll need a good look underneath to make sure it's not a sieve.

Anyway, we bought it with a hot start issue which the seller confirmed was fuel related......I wonder what could be the issue? Mmmm, maybe this comedy fuel pressure regulator? :lol:

8544C27B-D758-49FE-A641-F040A810A648.jpg

A289972E-C15C-4621-9862-C6F93E9F493C.jpg

Also this is fitted but not likely to be an issue but both are leaving ASAP anyway

870D9AF4-7E0C-4856-A68F-814B2957556C.jpg

Got the FPR off yesterday but as soon as I connected the battery the alarm was going off constantly, and it's very loud, so had to be happy with the fact it fired up. Next thing I'll do is disable the siren/find out the alarm issue. And as its a Corrado it wasn't letting me away lightly as the Z end of the bonnet release cable snapped off :lol:

It's off!

49B75BDE-554F-4427-B5BC-DFE85992F9D7.jpg

man got to love the resurrection of these corrados kudos to you man keep it up :thumbleft:

I thought you'd maybe break this one considering what you paid. Well done for saving it though, if you can see potential in it as either a bit of a hack or a money maker, it's always good to know there will be another one saved from the giant scrap heap in the sky! What are your plans?

I thought you'd maybe break this one considering what you paid. Well done for saving it though, if you can see potential in it as either a bit of a hack or a money maker, it's always good to know there will be another one saved from the giant scrap heap in the sky! What are your plans?

I have no real plans yet mate, the decision on its future will be made when myself and Goldie get a chance to look over it properly, the engine issues won't be what decides it though as these things are easy enough. Bodywork will though. As you say, it was cheap enough so we won't lose out either way. I love them in red though :lol:

Anyway, did some more leather dying last night, pictures don't overly show it but the dye is great. Only done 2 coats so far but will eventually do 4 on everything

4A446FC6-093B-453B-87FF-EB0D719187EE.jpg

One on the right is dyed

543A058D-4363-457B-9FAE-6FE4FCE729C9.jpg

Looks cracking! Yours didn't seem overly bad to begin with tbh. You should have seen the state of mine! Got a massive sense of achievement when it was finished. :thumbleft:

Looks cracking! Yours didn't seem overly bad to begin with tbh. You should have seen the state of mine! Got a massive sense of achievement when it was finished. :thumbleft:

It is very satisfying to see it coming along mate, I guess I could have lived with it but I'd never have been happy, my phone pictures aren't the best, I've got better ones on my camera but that takes time to do and it's just so easy on the phone.

Close up here shows it up for how it is, the colour differences between the sides and front is quite significant.......until now :)

864A322B-56E9-4E65-818F-F2162BBB2DFA.jpg

Leather work looks great Easy . I've just got to seal mine and its all done , apart from the drivers seat , I can't get the bolster repair done until April .

Leather work looks great Easy . I've just got to seal mine and its all done , apart from the drivers seat , I can't get the bolster repair done until April .

What are you sealing it with Rob, I used this stuff as it claims to have built in sealents? I was just going to do my 4 coats and be done? Happy to seal if necessary though :)

I'm planning to swap the bolster as well, no tearing/holes which is good. I could also do with swapping out the upper foam bolster but not sure how easy that would be?

What's up with yours?

What are you sealing it with Rob, I used this stuff as it claims to have built in sealents? I was just going to do my 4 coats and be done? Happy to seal if necessary though :)

I'm planning to swap the bolster as well, no tearing/holes which is good. I could also do with swapping out the upper foam bolster but not sure how easy that would be?

What's up with yours?

I thought the exact same as you about the sealer easypops

I don't recall getting a sealer with the glyptone stuff when I went to their offices for my stuff but having jumped on their new website I found this http://www.liquidleather.com/en/27-car-motorbike-leather-sealants-protectors

easypops - what do you plan for the bolster? I believe they are not available & am unaware of any repro's.

I thought the exact same as you about the sealer easypops

easypops - what do you plan for the bolster? I believe they are not available & am unaware of any repro's.

I have a bolster from a passenger seat mate, very nice it is too :)

I have a bolster from a passenger seat mate, very nice it is too :)

ahh 2 + 2 has just happened in my head lol

would that be from one of the joint venture cars with goldie?

I did bid on a drivers bolster on ebay a while a go but it ended up going for silly money

I bought the top coat sealer that they sell . Years ago when I did my old seats , I used the furniture clinic products which came with a sealer . I just presumed that you had to seal the Gliptone stuff too ? . Perhaps things have changed , to me simply applying a water based product onto and object that will have wear n tear needs protection. But as said the products today may be a lot More hard wearing .

Edited by robrado974

would that be from one of the joint venture cars with goldie?

Surprisingly no mate, I had this one from years ago, never got round to using it. We did have a good one on one of the breakers but that was sold ages ago now sadly. :)