easypops

My VR6 and Storm

Impressive stuff. I haven't got the patience or skills to carry out this level of work. The poor red Corrado is lucky it found you!

Impressive stuff. I haven't got the patience or skills to carry out this level of work. The poor red Corrado is lucky it found you!

Ha ha, thank you, I'm sadly lacking in the proper skills but have plenty of optimism:)

Did a wee bit earlier, and I have to say, welding isn't easy :lol:

Looks rough as , but it's nice and solid, also the top edge is competed but my phone ran out of charge so a lack of photos

78A5C167-8715-491A-AABD-02A9F319B70D.jpg

This is how it is until the next time :)

FAA22585-ED8B-410E-85F8-E8477CFFC606.jpg

Thought I would try and do something with this today, could go either way :lol:

3EDC15C7-CB99-469D-95FE-A757A778C57F.jpg

Got this which was cut out to put on the storm but ended up not being used

B2D6B948-892C-4009-8E8D-0CDD5A3392B1.jpg

Easy enough template but the hard bit is the inner wing which will need s few wee bits fabricated to give the above something to cling onto

FEA32146-F181-474F-9899-C09A6223F52B.jpg

Wish me luck as I think I'll need it :)

bit of frog tape and you'll never know the difference

Haha.. That's nothing I was at the Silverstone auction this morning, there was a merc in need of restoration. It was wrapped in cling film to hold it together and stop bits falling off. I'd post a picture but don't want the mess this thread up.

Haha.. That's nothing I was at the Silverstone auction this morning, there was a merc in need of restoration. It was wrapped in cling film to hold it together and stop bits falling off. I'd post a picture but don't want the mess this thread up.

Post it up mate, I'm a bit of a cling film fan myself:lol:

So, had another go at the fuel cap area, and as expected the inner wing is the difficult bit. Got it mostly done now but still got a wee bit to do to allow the fuel cap locking mech to sit correctly. Surprisingly the outer section went in without much fuss, I'm never going to win any body shop awards but it'll do for now :)

Work in progress

68C63B5A-3B07-442E-92E1-C4F843DC89DE.jpg

Filler

647497C5-B7EB-442D-9AAE-BFDF9944509A.jpg

Sanding

73378BBD-1C9E-4845-9B03-742D33417CF8.jpg

Primer

6155FA57-FE63-4158-8C16-2805B0990393.jpg

Couldn't resist giving it a little paint, just to see what the colour match was like, plus it'll keep the work safer :)

B5723C94-849C-49A1-A5CE-5D11C3D77B03.jpg

Also got this fitted to allow me to(hopefully) drop all the underneath stuff off......what could possibly go wrong? :lol:

2E507D1C-8781-4ABA-8EA2-A6E147040AF5.jpg

Looks absolutely great mate. Keep up the hard work. Fantastic

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Fair play for getting on with this job Easy . The underside is not a bad job to do . Just go easy on your rusty nuts ! .

Your misses must be a true gem for letting you have all them corrados on the drive.

Would liked to have had a nosey round these as I'm in Glasgow on Thursday then on Saturday, unfortunately I'll either have a work colleague or the family with me and they don't share the enthusiasm.

Keep the updates coming

If you get the chance Chris, you are more than welcome to pop round :)

My missus is generally fine about the cars as she has zero interest in them so she just doesn't come round that side of the garden much :lol: I won't be getting any work done this week though as she is off to Ibiza with her pals and it'll be me and the wee man home alone

Wee indoor task tonight

A1C7CE36-6107-4ECA-9F4C-912FF7A949CA.jpg

Panels sanded, ready for felt, kindly supplied by bfstrachan , thanks mate :)

BE7B368D-665C-40D5-BA08-722D0EEF6DA9.jpg

Edited by easypops

Nice work. Easy job?

The hardest part is splitting the airbox as you could do with 3 hands......just when you have a couple of clips open(without breaking them) you need to move onto the others, then the first ones close again :lol:

I snapped a couple sadly but it won't affect anything.

The rest is just messy, nothing a bit of sanding and hoovering doesn't fix, then the felt is easy as long as your blade is nice and sharp :)

i need to do this on the valver before winter but unfortunately need to pull the dash out again to do so

did you glue the felt on easypops?

i need to do this on the valver before winter but unfortunately need to pull the dash out again to do so

did you glue the felt on easypops?

It's self adhesive mate, and very sticky too

It's self adhesive mate, and very sticky too

sweet!

thanks for that easypops - bfstachan sent me some as a thank you for helping him a while ago

id best get that dash out

So, as some of you will know I managed to secure this early green valver. Can't believe how clean and solid it is. Won't get it home until Thursday but popped over today to meet the very generous owner Bill, absolute gentleman, to do the paperwork and give him his bottle of single malt......I think I will put the lottery on this week :)

079BC863-7902-422B-8669-27052CCE35E2.jpg