culshaw

Bonnet cable connector snapped

Hey all

Bonnect cable and sheath is all in good working order but the clip on the handle has snapped off (see pictures), is there an easy fix to this or will i have to buy one from one that's breaking??

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfP8090031.JPG[/attachment:u043igkc]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfP8090037.JPG[/attachment:u043igkc]

P8090038.JPG[/attachment:u043igkc]

Mine snapped at the little end connector and I had to replace it with a new cable, wasn't that dear from VW and works 100x better now, was a little fiddly to fit but with some different types of pliers I managed to get it in.

Vick :)

Same just happened to mine fella.

Again, looks like a new cableset, as there's no way of refitting a new connector unless you're some kind of engineering legend.

hey guys... i got the exact same problem... tho i spoke to VW today, they said that they don't sell the clip seperate and that it does not come with the bonnet release cable...

do you think they've just missunderstood what i'm talking about?

so thats the clip people talk about, i never quite knew exactly what people meant, i always assumed the shaped end on the cable snapped off.

when i replaced mine i got this bit (from previous thread)

just got back from collecting cable.

i ordered part no: 536823531 - CABLE

here is what you get

DSC00657.jpg

DSC00656.jpg

DSC00658.jpg

£23.79 + vat

it doesn't have the bit i need, the ekta was very confusing, seemed to have the bits for a LHD corrado and the bits were in the wrong place, but ordered

535823555 Nipple - £4.27 + vat

N0102631 Screw - £0.08 + vat

which i hope is the bit for the other end of cable, where you adjust it, was shown in the wrong place but looked like the right part

i never fitted the external bit of cable, only the metal wire inside, looked too hard to feed the black casing through as well :lol:

thats the exact i got, and i paid £2.50 extra cuz the guy on the phone told me the clip was the trumpet looking thing on the NS release spring, i nearly threw away the latter part of the bonnet cable as well so don't chuck that!

It's also worth ordering the bulkhead grommet. The Corrado one is obsolete but has been superceeded by the MKV one which fits perfectly.

It's also worth ordering the bulkhead grommet. The Corrado one is obsolete but has been superceeded by the MKV one which fits perfectly.

what is that?

Kris, it's the rubber bung that the cable passes through into the bulkhead. Mine was totally split and in generally bad condition when I changed my cable. Only cost a couple of quid.

Kris, it's the rubber bung that the cable passes through into the bulkhead. Mine was totally split and in generally bad condition when I changed my cable. Only cost a couple of quid.

cool.... i'll give the stealer a call at lunch... you don't happen to have a part number do you?

Afraid not- it was on my last Rado. When I went to VW they looked up the original Corrado part and EKTA said it was obsolete, and had been replaced by the MKV item. HTH!

they couldn't get it on time... but the grommit that was already on there was fine... all replaced and working fine now... yey!

need a new grill now tho... accidently broke a clip... :brickwall:

bugger, typical!!!!

Will have to order it tomorrow!

When the new one is fitted bagsy not being the one to try it first lol

bugger, typical!!!!

Will have to order it tomorrow!

When the new one is fitted bagsy not being the one to try it first lol[/quote:2shqtn40]

haha!!! your the pro so you get first dibs on trying it :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

After nearly 16 years of faithful service mine (clip) snapped too last week :( Obviously didn't like this cold snap... err no pun intended! :)

Whilst making sure myself that there are definitely no clips 535 823 567 collecting dust at any dealers or VW noticed gruvenparts have help at hand... but at a price, about the same as a new cable.

105.jpg

http://gruvenparts.com/website/cart/cart.php?target=product&product_id=344&category_id=60