Kempy

My Satin Valver. issues :( water/electrics

make sure pulley is on the right way around :)

some guy recently had it on wrong way round

powdercoating the manifolds next, gonna get a price this afternoon. I was thinking silver but I may do a few pchops, any suggestions?

Got a week off work. Should be able to get some stuff done

i want to jet wash the bay, when thats done can I paint the block some how? Its still in the car :?

I wanna paint stuff silver to and I want to protect some stuff, what is that black paint I see everybody using of stuff??

:D

done a little pressure wash of the bay and picked up the manifolds from the powdercoaters

DSC01026.jpg

DSC01027.jpg

DSC01028.jpg

there is some silver somewhere,

what does the Carbon canister do?

Filters the petrol fumes from the tank breather.

there is some silver somewhere,

what does the Carbon canister do?

Filters the petrol fumes from the tank breather.

cheers for the info :wink:

any ideas what else I could paint to make it a bit nicer in there? I took out the altenator to clean and paint

You can paint as much as u like on valvers but most of it is out of sight due to all the wires and fuel lines n pipes, If ya plan on paintin the block your aswel takin it outta the car, hammerite smooth seems to work for me, 16quid a tin from B&Q just make sure ya get all the grime n oil outta the nooks n crannys.

im not gonna be able to lift the block out. :( I got room to dab a paint brush whilst its in the car, thats the best I can do really

how easy was it to switch the cams over and retime? my cam covers off at the moment so would be a good time to do it but dunno if i'll :censored: me engine up :ignore:

Ive not done it yet, Ive tried breifly but I got a mate whos gonna do it for me. The cams have got timing marks on them

done some bits today, hammerited and rust treaded the front cross member. When I was a noob I bought a Vr slam panel by mistake and fitted it to my valver :lol:

so now I have a correct valver one but its red. I tried nitromors on it but its failed big style??? :shrug:

fun day

Im trying to find out what lights/colours suit a silver car? Im not a fan of crystal :pukeright:

Just a set of nicely finished all red rears completes the look on Satin Silver for me!

defo, I second that :wave:

I thought i'd mock them up to see how they looked as Ive run out of skills to continue with the rest( I got a mate coming to do my timing) looks good I reckon

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_eSCB9GKVOx0/S3RPp ... 010009.JPG

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_eSCB9GKVOx0/S3RPo ... 010008.JPG

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_eSCB9GKVOx0/S3RPm ... 010007.JPG

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_eSCB9GKVOx0/S3RPf ... 010006.JPG

gonna try time up the cams and the rest tomorrow and test fit my new milltec 4 2 1 manifold. looks mint that manifold to be fair :D might have a bout £150 to play with for some mods after selling some wheels, what would you valver guys suggest?

attempting to time head and cams right now, Im having a problem because when the lobes on the cams point upwards the timing marks on the sprockets dont sit at 9 oclock and 3 oclock as per this guide, the inlet seems correct its just the exhuast doesn't. any ideas why this might be the case?

http://clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186796

theres the pic on the link, or do you wanna see mine? I wonder if theres a difference in 9a and kr sprockets? where there marks are

heres mine anyway

06042010095.JPG

Are there timing marks on both sides of the sprocket? the reason I ask is that you are looking at the other side of them in the picture of yours, compared to the piccie on ClubGTI website.

Have you just replaced the inlet cam for a KR version??

yea the marks are on both sides. im fittin a kr head and cams, i'll take a pic of the cams how the sit now and see if any body can tell if they are right