robrado974

Robrado's rado she is staying

Thanks Delfinis. I will ask Dave at Resto shack about car covers . It's not the best at winter time , but I don't have a garage , she will be on the drive . Apart from a bubble cover what can you do ?. Any cover , no matter the cost will let moisture underneath. Maybe it's better left to the elements with a few coats of wax .

Rob, do you have a link to the Facebook page or website for the people that are doing your work? Sounds like they're doing a fine job!

Rob, do you have a link to the Facebook page or website for the people that are doing your work? Sounds like they're doing a fine job!

Christ Sean , you talking to the wrong person for links . I will get a member of the family to post it up , I'm about as much use on a computer as a chocolate fire guard. I need to learn Tapatalk to get my pics on my members gallery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christ Sean , you talking to the wrong person for links . I will get a member of the family to post it up , I'm about as much use on a computer as a chocolate fire guard. I need to learn Tapatalk to get my pics on my members gallery.

http://restoshack.com/

Think I've copied it Sean

You did good mate! :thumbleft:

Looks a very accomplished workshop there mate, it'll be cracking when done no doubt!

You did good mate! :thumbleft:

Looks a very accomplished workshop there mate, it'll be cracking when done no doubt!

Yeah , it will great to have spot on bodywork again Sean . I need to ask their advice on polish and waxes too .,

You shouldn't need Polish for a while if they're wet sanding it mate. Wax is very subjective, it depends how much you want to spend, with a toss up between gloss level and longevity

You shouldn't need Polish for a while if they're wet sanding it mate. Wax is very subjective, it depends how much you want to spend, with a toss up between gloss level and longevity

There's so many on the market . All of them promising this n that . It does make you wonder how good they are . In my day it was turtle wax and that was that

Get yourself on detailingworld mate. Some good reviews on all the new products and you'll see what the latest big thing is. Some quite cheap and very good waxes around actually.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

No . I will put up the pics when I've sorted this Tapatalk thing ( technofobe ) lol . I've had the roof lip where the screen sits cut out . Both rear quarter windows have had rust cut out . On the rear of the sill on the drivers side the paint had cracked so that's been sorted . I had rust by the rear window wiper and half way up on the tailgate. The bumper had spidering in the paint , so that's been done too . Most of the car has been flatted back ( is flatted a word ?) . Then re lacquered . All other panels have been treated to a full scale polish and wax .

Awsome! It should be good for another 25 years of service!

I had my a piller and around the windscreen area rust sorted last year including roof respray, i went for no car cover and wax on the roof while the car sat on my parents drive. No problems whatsoever, just check for bird ****e daily and you'll be fine

Great stuff Gaz . I had new pillars a few years back , all the rust on the windows is caused by the damage done when cutting out , then not treating it afterwards.

Thanks Delfinis, did my link not work ?. I'm a bit useless when it comes to computers , it's my age .

1cc0cf920491bc6f467f9856152d91bf.png

Awesome. It's been a long road to get to that point so well done as it looks great.

Cressa

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'm over at Newton Abbot but I work in Exeter so I might have to drop into the resto shack at some point as I work through my Corrado list!

Awesome. It's been a long road to get to that point so well done as it looks great.

Cressa

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yes it's been a long road , your right there . Well worth it though . Thanks Cressa .

I'm over at Newton Abbot but I work in Exeter so I might have to drop into the resto shack at some point as I work through my Corrado list!

Ah I've seen a couple of Corrado's round the area but I've always been in my T4 and you look a bit daft waving lol .