swiftkid

Swiftkids Corrado VR32

Awesome work. Remember the one I briefly had, very quick. Glad it was worth it all now?

It's a completely different car, throttle needs remapping as it's almost impossible to set off but power band is awesome.

Been out with my mate and he says I'm driving it like a diesel. Havnt sorted the tacho yet so don't know what rpm I'm at, keep changing lower down thinking the power is going to die off but it just keeps pulling.

I think the exhaust is blowing on throttle so I'll get it jacked up and look for evidence of leaks

808cfa59cb215dffccfad52a20a19b16.jpg

Im off to see phill up in brid tomorrow i think mate we should meet up and have a blast ! Not to sure on time yet it could even be saturday

If you are going up sat I might come with you, depends on time though, need to do my gf's brakes on her crappy clio first thing

Does it pull savagely immediately and then cut the power, then puts it back on again? That's the problem Heresites had and it's the ECU removing torque because it's confused. I wouldn't go for a linear throttle map personally. Vince can make it smoother lower down though.

Urgh, I had it in the back of my head it sounds like what herisites had, it seems to have a hesitation lower down then carry on pulling. I have read somewhere its a problem with the ECU software and that audi updated it but they didn't want to admit there was a fault so havn't called cars back, fortunately my cousin is a VW tech so might be able to get a software update.

Setting off I seem to have to lift the revs and try catch the clutch right otherwise it kangaroo's or wheelspins. I had intended to let vince sort the throttle out, spoke to him last time I was down there whilst a guy with a mk2 r32 was there.

Do you mean the famous '6463' software update? That was to fix an over-sensitive knock sensor map, which caused flat spots around 2000rpm on MK4s. The BDB and MK5s had reduced compression (10.75 from 11.25) so that shouldn't be a problem, although Vince said he sees more MK5s pinking than MK4s!

What you're describing is exactly what Heresites had and was a pig to drive smoothly around town. Vince said it's because the ECU delivers power based on driver demand (pedal position, steering angle, ABS signal, road speed, Haldex signal and all that jazz) and because the ECU can't 'see' any of that, it gets confused and messes with the power delivery. Vince can sort it though.

Sounds good, it's a weird feeling, when I'm driving along at 30mph it feels like I'm on and off the throttle pedal.

Had a look today at it today as it's been blowing, sure enough one of the 3 bolts on the exhaust flange needed a nip and it's tonnes better. Going to replace all the gaskets and that should be that although I still need a proper downpipe making

Well not much to report other than having a drive occasionally. Been on holiday and bought a house this year so spending money on the house.

Hoping over the winter to rip it apart again and get stuff painted, plated etc. So looking forward to that.

I can also confirm that 312's do not fit under brock b2's :-( does anyone know what brembo's/wilwoods/hi spec calipers are like in terms of outer clearance?

Still on the lookout for new wheels, as always!

Time to go into hibernation, hopefully come out when it's summer looking better. Still after some nice brakes and a change of wheels if anyone has anything?

f5e04d2100567f14a39b91df6296ac3a.jpg

looks fantastic already mate, can't wait to see it after a winter fettle!

Nice garage as well

I think I'll have to grab a decent picture when its not getting dark, pic looked a lot better on my phone!

Cheers, I was very lucky when I bought this house! just need to sort the lighting out, only got 1 feeble fluorescent in there at the moment.

I've been doing a bit of research into getting the tacho working on the r32 conversion and hopefully, with a little luck, I may have found a way to get all the signals I need direct out of the CANbus system which would mean accurate MPG reading, oil temp from sump and tacho which will be awesome. Will have to see if my plan comes together and if so I'll be sharing my findings!

Well if anyone is reading my arduino thread I've been working on a little project over the winter to hack into the CANBUS messages, and I've managed it! Just need to look over the canbus messages to try figure out what they are as its all Raw data but so far I've got the RPM, possibly water temp and maybe MPG. I believe my next step is to convert a 5v square wave signal into a 12v square wave... somehow.

th_20160416_144433_001_zpsl3dyibhu.mp4

New wheels are here and on... look so very very good. Hopefully taking my first outing to All Types this weekend if I can get some wheel bolts in time, new wheels are 60 degree taper not conical type like VW... typical!

First run of the year and I drove nearly 3 hours across the country to All Types in North Wales, had 1 stop on the way there with the water light coming on, think it might just have been an airlock as it ran without a fault rest of the way and all the way back.

Cracking weather apart from the night which was bloody freezing!

Was pretty chuffed with the car, got a fair bit of attention and spoke to a couple of corrado guys.

Was some nice corrados around!

Oh and my favourite part, pictures of new wheels, 16" Artec S1's! Been after a set for years!

09963187f8586cd3c665c475d2fa214e.jpg

46fde3260631d60681228e1cd2e4ea11.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Looking fantastic, again, mate. Great wheels, not sure I've seen a set of them before.

Looking pretty damn good there!

Bet it goes like stink now with that 3.2 under the bonnet ;)

Nice car btw. Love the wheels, not sure i understood the electrical wave converting bit ...lol.

Nice car btw. Love the wheels, not sure i understood the electrical wave converting bit ...lol.

Lol, Yea neither do I and that's the problem!

Yea wheels fit awesome, big thanks for a bargain set of adapters Phil! They fit much better than I expected. The rears are 9.5" and seem to sit further in than my 9" brocks.

I haven't driven it since last year so certainly surprised me with how fast it is!

Hoping to get a proper downpipe sorted and maybe a remap this year to squeeze a bit of power out of it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Few photos my mate took from All Types, absolutely love its new look. Will hopefully be putting the brocks up for sale soon to fund some brakes/lsd/turbo goodies! Definitely need to get rid of some bits, 4 sets of wheels is a bit OTT!

13244018_10154601394476030_5655882805963800279_o_zpswfy1wkeu.jpg

13301292_10154601400981030_5435426815985323994_o_zpspaxiimya.jpg