swiftkid

Swiftkids Corrado VR32

What are your remaining faults on VCDS?

Any lambda faults? Air filter clean etc? May also be worth doing a throttle position reset/calibration?

Well this looks better! Some lambda adaption at last!

Finally down to the bare minimum fault codes, next step back to MOT station.

vagcom%2013-06-15_zpskbdoyor5.png

Is there much difference between bank one and two still maybe a faulty lambda sensor?

Worst case pour in a litre of methanol it will lean it out slightly to get you through mot then put some miles on it

Well we are getting closer but still not there! No faults to do with running, everything is now plumbed up properly, even done the carbon canister tonight.

I have been offered the services of a 'friendly' mot man but I've spent all this time and effort to do it properly, I'd like it to be 100%

My dad has suggested opening up one of the blanking plugs in the inlet to let more air in and weaken the mix but I'm not sure if the lambdas would then adapt and throw even more fuel in.

653ad5eacea94bea5da6dac6bc47afb2.jpg

Edited by swiftkid

The lambdas are in the correct banks aren't they?

Have you got one adapting positive, the other negative.

My adaptions are a bit either side of zero. Are the lambdas both genuine or similar age? Is there a significant difference in exhaust temp?

Nope, had that suggested and values are around 0, seem to bounce around a little but max I've seen is about +8. Idle isn't spectacular I've noticed though so I'm going to clean the maf to make sure that is OK although is reading a steady 3-4 which I believe is about right.

I'm past the 10 days retest now so the bloody thing can sit unloved for a while.

Yep, water temp reads OK. Its not exactly the same as dash but it reads which is the main thing.

Another weird one I was looking at last night was an error code I've got for glow plug, seems I may have the herisites curse 2k hesitancy curse, havn't driven it enough to notice it but after doing some google searches our very own coxylaad seems to have had the same error code. Oh fantastic!

I havn't measured it but I believe all Audi's have the larger MAF anyway. Everything is from the same car anyway though so no mismatched stuff.

Will check exhaust temps but fairly sure they were the same, all genuine lambda's but I'll double check anyway.

Well possible good news, been speaking with my dad (works for vosa) and he reckons if the car is pre August 95 and is not shown exactly on a certain database, which it won't be as it's a corrado with an r32 engine, then I get the 3.5% emissions test which it will easily pass.

Some more fingers crossed, going to try pop in with documents tomorrow and see if tester agrees, unfortunately my dad is on holiday so can't speak with him any further on the subject until he gets back

Back in we go, this time trying a different angle, guy has said I should get away with the 3.5% as above although we will have to see, I'm not 100% sure guy working there understood despite me confirming a few times and him saying that's fine but we will see tomorrow

Also on the lookout for some new wheels if anyone has anything, bbs ch would be nice but I just fancy a change, fed up of scraping on the arch

Oh and might as well throw a pic up

34d4de0baa468eea11bc2c01852f1082.jpg

Edited by swiftkid

Good luck mate, hopefully it'll be fine.

What wheels you running at the moment?

Running brock b1's, herisites old wheels, only had them about 4-5 years and they look awesome but just fancy a change

Last time it was sat waiting for its mot

5ec7a56277806bde64c98cdaf7c616b8.jpg

Yea hopefully, I have noticed a minor misfire but no code so I reckon there is a coilpack on its way out. Took the plugs out and they were black as expected so I'll replace the brand new, approx 10 mile old plugs that now look massively second hand and get a coilpack to try

Yea hopefully, I have noticed a minor misfire but no code so I reckon there is a coilpack on its way out. Took the plugs out and they were black as expected so I'll replace the brand new, approx 10 mile old plugs that now look massively second hand and get a coilpack to try

I don't think you need to replace the plugs they will clean up now you got closed loop back

Absolute win! And we have a pass, readings are a mile out so I'll have to look into that but now I have a year to play.

ad1d668cfda9d7e3a5953b1a27b41718.jpg

Well deserved. Hope you are having a few beers to celebrate as its been hard fought getting this far!!

1st of the month, now taxed! It's quick, very quick and drinks fuel lol.

Certainly brings a smile to my face, just looking for some bigger brakes and different wheels.

Will get some pictures up when I'm not driving it!