swiftkid

Swiftkids Corrado VR32

Don't know about clamping down but I have an swg cover over the scuttle tray so couldn't see Vin. They basically need some form of id to check chassis, my original sticker did the trick.

Well I have an mot... Time to tax it and play!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Depends how your tester is but you can see Vin number by just lifting it slightly but obviously they can't do that during the test. Just confirm before they start test.

Edited by swiftkid

I don't know, one to investigate. I have a feeling my manifold is blowing slightly, fine on idle but just a little on acceleration which would cause it. Need to get a proper downpipe made so hopefully get one in the next few months

Basically I got through on a technicality, cat tests came in 1992, but only if your car is between 1992 and 1995 but on a manufacturer list which defines exact make and model. Well corrado r32 isn't so I get 3.5% allowance which it easily passes

Edited by swiftkid

I was under the impression the emissions test should be based on the age of the engine, not the car, in cases where an engine swap was done. You got lucky there!

Yeah, a blowing manifold would def cause emissions issues.

A Corrado is for life, not just for the MOT.

My dad works for vosa so it's all above board, no 'friendly' mot tester.

I always take my car to kwik fit, some people laugh but unless it's brake pads or tyres they can't do it so can't make money off you by failing it on stupid things and I 100% agree with anything that needs fixing as long as it's fair, it's my safety after all.

My girlfriend tool her car to a local garage recently and they tried to con her by failing it on excessive smoke, I asked for emissions and they couldn't provide any paperwork as they were clearly hoping to make some quick money, funnily enough it passed second time without me doing anything.

It was tested to age of engine but I think you go on what's oldest. Either way, next year I'm hoping I'll get a new manifold and not have this problem again

Edited by swiftkid

Married the car?
Definitely not, we argue too much.

All the panic about getting it through an mot to have it as my wedding car. Which I drove to the venue, parked up, had a couple of photos with best man then didn't get chance to have any with my new wife!

Congrats she’s looking lovely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully get some pictures to update the thread soon if I can be bothered. Over the winter/summer I've fitted a Teves20 ABS system, Mk4 climate control, fully braided hoses & new lines, redone the bushes, my dad has also dropped a light on my rear bumper so that needs repainting.

And finally to top that all off I've been battling to find where the exhaust has been leaking, my emissions have been all over the place since day 1 of this conversion. I've had a down pipe fabricated with vband end, removed and fully sealed the exhaust with high temp silicone sealant and it is still blowing. Further investigation last night found one of the threads in the manifold to head has been stripped, oh joy... time for a helicoil and if that doesn't fix it, I'm going back to VR6

Interested to see how you did the Mk4 climate control! creature comforts are a must for me or I don't want to drive the damn thing...

I’d love to see/read about the teves20 as I’ve had the bits lying for an age and as my car is literally in bits this would be the time to get on with this :)