swiftkid

Swiftkids Corrado VR32

ah that sux, just teething issuses though, whats the crack with Power steering? you changed fluids at all?, a previous owner of mine had the pleasure of sorting out the bonnet cable issue by welding a thick steel washer,

Well I changed to a 24v power steering pump and I don't think it's properly bled or something, either way it should be an easy fix.

I couldn't put my foot down as tyres were pretty flat, will sort all teething problems and be back in a few weeks.

1 thing I will say is I've done the mk4 shifter swap (used polo housing and mechanism, with mk4 cables and selector tower) and it felt fantastic. Went from short shifter to this and seem to have done a big difference and that's before I've cut the gearstick down.

I used the 12V PAS pump with the 24V pulley on it, but there should be no reason why the 24V pump wouldn't work. Is it just making a loud racket? Should quieten down once you can drive it around for a bit.

Good stuff though, you're getting there!

The first drive of mine after putting the R32 in it was like,"hmmm, this a bit boring really" :lol:

I've got a mk4 24v power steering pump you can have for free if you end up needing one

There is only 10bar pressure difference between them 24v being higher

The first drive of mine after putting the R32 in it was like,"hmmm, this a bit boring really" :lol:

Didn't you go from a fully built engine and gt35 to r32??

Thanks for the offer, very kind of you but I do still have the 12v pas pump, I just thought seeing as it's newer it should hopefully be better. We will see if it gets any better with use.

Yea yea kev... Well the next step for me is to build the turbo setup whilst enjoying some more power so might be picking your brains. I just want to drive it now, havnt been out the garage for a year and a half

Edited by swiftkid

Shame that dave but you will get there , have a couple of weeks of it then go back and finish it off then go and enjoy it before pulling it to bits again

Haha, I'd like to say that won't happen but I'm already planning the teves20 upgrade!

Yea yea kev...

haha think hes being sarcastic ;) also remember my first drive with 2.8 ! and i was over the frikin moon with it so can only imagine what the 3.2's like!..

Just been doing little bits on the car seeing as I'm not in such a rush. Sorting my Slimline fan loom, bought some new connectors from vw, that means I don't have to do any cutting or bodging of the standard loom and it's all very oem.

38a6fd2f6f57cf3572d05b6a38033940.jpg

Got the full weekend on it so can finish off all those niggles and hopefully in for test next week... Fingers crossed!

Yea no problem Phil, just trying to find a supplier for standard power timer terminals and the seals, can get junior and micro easily but the larger ones are a git to find unless I want to order a pack of 250 but that's a little excessive when I only need 2!

haha think hes being sarcastic ;) also remember my first drive with 2.8 ! and i was over the frikin moon with it so can only imagine what the 3.2's like!..

It made an epic noise from the exhaust I cobbled together but it wasn't as quick as I was hoping for...... but that's to be expected I guess after a Turbot! Anyway, not wanting to take anything away from Swifties conversion or anything, I'm sure he'll love it :)

It made an epic noise from the exhaust I cobbled together but it wasn't as quick as I was hoping for...... but that's to be expected I guess after a Turbot! Anyway, not wanting to take anything away from Swifties conversion or anything, I'm sure he'll love it :)
so you werent being sarcastic lol, but yea i guess comming from a quicker car, for me it was the difference between 12v and 24v other then that i dont have anything else to compare the swap too. cant really count a toyota lwb panel van lol

So today, I will mostly be finishing this thing off...

bbe935cdd35642f5de8b1dd2402e28ff.jpg

Oh yea!

Looking very nice. Don't forget to get a vid for that first blast up the road!

So today, I will mostly be finishing this thing off...

bbe935cdd35642f5de8b1dd2402e28ff.jpg

excellent stuff. More pics please

Sadly no, massively over on emissions and a bulging Brake Hose. Chucked in some injector cleaner, thrashed it all the way home.

My mate said it was throwing black smoke out when we set off but had cleared when I got home so going to scan it, make sure the two lambda sensors are working properly then take it back and fingers crossed. Otherwise I have problems...

does it have a maf sensor as well? Worth checking too. No real reason why it would be anything serious, so hopefully you could get a clean bill of health soon.

btw, how did it drive when you blasted it? Good fun? Improvement over the VR?