Vince@Stealth

Stealth Racing VR6 Turbo Kit discussion

Hmm a Traction Control vs LSD discussion thread would be excellent! Prices seem very similar too.

get both :clap:

Good write up Jim!

So long as you use measured throttle inputs, you can make good progress in bad weather.

Those two pictures you took remind me of the good old days when Stealth were doing more of this kind of work.

We've had the "Stealth Fighter" 16V Turbo and the "Stealth Bomber" Rallye VR6x6x4, so in keeping with Stealth's tradition of nick naming their projects, I wonder what the VR6 Turbo's going to be called? "Stealth Hunter"?

Been digging through some archives and here's one of their Stealth Fighters (my old car). It's an incredibly slow page, so give it time to load - http://web.archive.org/web/200210261724 ... p16vt.html

I've also got some scanned pages of the Stealth Bomber magazine feature (the first 4x4 VR6 in the UK) but they're too big for the forum.

They've also built 2.0 G60s and all manner of other stuff, not to mention setting up race cars, so their experience is very extensive and goes back years and years!

Regarding the Racelogic, I spoke to Mike Broadbent about the kit (RLTC6A/W) some time ago and he confirms it hooks up to the factory Corrado ABS sensors and can work with ANY engine managment system, so long as normal injectors are used (i.e. not low impeadance).

Unlike some other TC systems you get with Standalones (such as the one in my DTA), the Racelogic is incredibly simple and reliable, thanks to the factory wheel speed sensors. With a standalone you have to fudge on some hall sensors and spend hours and hours setting up the software. The RL simply weakens the fuelling so much that it simply won't burn, hence reducing engine power. It happens so fast, pinking is not an issue.

Maybe Vince could do a Group Buy for us? :norty:

Hmm a Traction Control vs LSD discussion thread would be excellent! Prices seem very similar too.

Would this work? An LSD AND Traction Control?

Would this work? An LSD AND Traction Control?

Yes, best of both worlds. In fact, RaceLogic actually recommended it to me in a FWD car.

so i guess the next question is if i can you can only afford one which one and if your planning for both which order to get them in ?

Power Graphs

Stealth's Corrado VR6T

Customers Corrado Supercharged 8psi

Stock Corrado

Power-info.jpg[/attachment:2vssbv9s]

any chance of adding a r32 engine to this

cheers mort

Good Idea! I will see what I can do :D[/quote:2vssbv9s]

Don't use my torque curves though as a comparison :lol:

so i guess the next question is if i can you can only afford one which one and if your planning for both which order to get them in ?

Racelogic first, diff second.

This Racelogic sounds like an awesome bit of kit. Does anyone have any experience of using it?

Haha, that's one to come back at people that say buy a newer car than some old VW. 'Have you got Traction Control with Launch Control?' brilliant!

Coming back regularly to check whats happening on this forum is probably one of the worst mistakes I have ever made!!!

There was a time when I wasnt visiting as often for whatever reason(s), and I was happy with what i had because I knew no better.

Now I come back and there is this available, and that available, and this WITH that available and I want it ALL!!!

DAMN YOU LOT! DAMN YOU ALL!!!!

No, damn YOU mate for being the owner of a Nissan GTR :p :lol:

Tell you what, when I'm finally happy with my VRT (it'll happen one day) I'll do you a swap for your GTR :D

could be a good idea, any1 got an idea of the sort of price that racelgic kit is?

edit im thick around £600

would be good to find out what sort of price you could get them down 2 on a group buy

could be a good idea, any1 got an idea of the sort of price that racelgic kit is?

the prices are on the link that Vince put in his post :salute:

the prices are on the link that Vince put in his post :salute:

haha i just noticed that as you posted :sleeping:

Interesting option. But how would it look if I'm interested about 450 ps. Are You thinking it will be possible in stage 3 or 4. Are You planing to achieve close or over 450 ps with this kit ??

Interesting option. But how would it look if I'm interested about 450 ps. Are You thinking it will be possible in stage 3 or 4. Are You planing to achieve close or over 450 ps with this kit ??

You animal lol. Im sure Vince said thats going to be stage 2.

You animal lol. Im sure Vince said thats going to be stage 2.

First I need to rebuild my engine but when will be a time to get a turbo, 450 ps is what I like to have.

from what I've heard vince say so far stage 2 would need little difference apart from stronger engine internals, as i understood it the turbo in this kit is capable of those levels with just higher levels of boost

from what I've heard vince say so far stage 2 would need little difference apart from stronger engine internals, as i understood it the turbo in this kit is capable of those levels with just higher levels of boost

Correct... :D

Over the years that I have been tuning cars there is one thing that happens time and time again.

Scenario > In comes customer and says I want an engine conversion... lets use a 1.8T as an example maybe in a MK2 or Corrado..

We say yes no problem, we do the work, customer pays and leaves with 280bhp, nice, smiles all round.

6 months later same guy comes back and says I want more power, no problem I say but you will need New Turbo, New Manifold, New Downpipe, New Boost Pipes, New Intake and the list goes on.

We wanted our turbo kit to be unchanged in either stage 1 or stage 2 setup so If our customer came back for more power there was no money (or very very little) wasted in what he had already spent. 15 or 16psi boost will see 440-450bhp on our turbo but we strongly reccomend you go for a fully built forged engine. If you look and one of the dyno graphs posted earlier you will see a MK2 VR6 T that makes 448bbhp, this engine / turbo has 16psi, uses head spacer and ARP Headbolts and Conrod Bolts and has been for about a year or so, it is as strong now as it was when I first mapped it.

Now the way I look at it is, you the customers are the boss, within reason we can tune your engine to meet the power you want.

We can only advise on what we think is best, my reccomendations are below (some may say conservative?)

Stage 1: Head spacer + ARP Head Bolts (inc in stg 1 kit) 360bhp

Stage 1 Plus: Head Spacer ARP Head Bolts + ARP Conrod bolts 11-12psi. 400bhp

Stage 2: Full engine build with forged rods and pistons 400bhp upwards.

Vince

It just gets better and better. A turbo'd VR but now with traction control as well!

Yep, you best start a new thread up all about that, think you'll have a line up of customers for that one. These cars are going to be incredible even comparing them to modern motors. Mind you, we'll all be spending Porsche money by the time we finish! Haha.

Brilliant work as ever, keep on inspiring us.

As soon as I get a chance I will get this on my car, I will keep you all posted.

Vince

Mind you, we'll all be spending Porsche money by the time we finish! Haha.

Well if you do get a Porsche instead be prepared to wave as the Corrado T's fly by :lol:

Coming back regularly to check whats happening on this forum is probably one of the worst mistakes I have ever made!!!

There was a time when I wasnt visiting as often for whatever reason(s), and I was happy with what i had because I knew no better.

Now I come back and there is this available, and that available, and this WITH that available and I want it ALL!!!

DAMN YOU LOT! DAMN YOU ALL!!!!

Nadeem.... OMG you bought a Nissan :epicfail:

The pic of you in your avatar, is that what you wear when you drive it :lol:

Sorry mate could not resist :)

Hope you are doing well?

I knew you'd get into the forum spirit eventually Vince.. lol :) You've even got a picture of your car in your avatar, and list of vehicles in your signature... brilliant.

I knew you'd get into the forum spirit eventually Vince.. lol :) You've even got a picture of your car in your avatar, and list of vehicles in your signature... brilliant.

:D :) :lol: 8)

Vince

Mind you, we'll all be spending Porsche money by the time we finish! Haha.

Well if you do get a Porsche instead be prepaid to wave as the Corrado T's fly by :lol:

Haha, no Porsche for me! Mine's a keeper. Work is beginning to make my engine better prepared for any possible future Stealth work!