Vince@Stealth

Stealth Racing VR6 Turbo Kit discussion

Driven it. !!! :D :D :D

Impressive stuff, and had a big grin on my face all day after.!!!!!

Well, Vince had to make sure it passed the Wendy Test, before letting you guys loose with it !!! :lol:

I'm not been funny here as in an ass but funny cracking a joke.

Stealth corrado forum Rolling road days are going to be boring now lol as everybody will have a stage 1 kit and 360 bhp haha. So many high powered cars should be fun on the rollers it's what we all look forward to seeing

Well, Vince had to make sure it passed the Wendy Test, before letting you guys loose with it !!! :lol:

Did you hand over your credit card then Wendy or are you still looking at Porkers?

We ended up buying 50 sets of cams from Schimmel after showing him some love, so I think Stealth deserve the same :clap:

any of them cams left spare by any chance :) thats a stupid question :( haha

LOL at you and Walesy!

There's quite a few 'unvoiced' folk who feel the same way :wink:

A lot of Stealth's custom is by word of mouth and reputation, but there's no harm in a bit of 'bigging up' now and then :D

We ended up buying 50 sets of cams from Schimmel after showing him some love, so I think Stealth deserve the same :clap:

I am one of the 'unvoiced' folk who REALLY appreciate Vince's enthusiasm, dedication, sincerity, advice, skill and loyalty to the customer. I've not had much done in terms of power gains but I have had my head rebuilt with spacers put on and head bolts, along with a whole retune of the suspension work etc etc. Again, not much power gains but I have specifically went to Vince for anything major because I trust him.

Vince, it's Nadeem, dont know if you remember, have the green Storm, I was the one who kept on giggling after having teh Schrick done and the Quaiffe setup fitted, I had planned for a supercharger and spoke to you about it and said will be back, all the way from Dundee?

I think I have changed my mind actually. Through a few conversations with Kev and now having a look at all the dyno graphs, I'm sure turbo is the way to go.

I have another toy being delivered soon-ish so my money is going on that for the timebeing but as soon as I have extra change, you can count on me being down there and hassling you with phone calls.

Well done for acheiving such results and keep up the dedicating good work for Corrados and Corrado owners! :salute: :salute: :salute:

Did you hand over your credit card then Wendy or are you still looking at Porkers?

No, keeping my Corrado just as it is - gave it a massive polish after driving Vince's, Jack had really cleaned it up and so it was looking good too. Anyway, what would I do with 365bhp that I can't do with 206.7 !!!!! :lol: :lol: (apart from kill myself a whole load quicker!!)

And, since the clean there is probably an improvement on that anyway !!!!!!!

Besides, I have been spending evening after evening researching (and very nearly finished) the Scottish Tour, so as for looking at other cars - no time at the moment.

I am however as a side issue looking for a Workhorse, a small hatchback as i would like to use my Corrado less as a daily and I really do need something that I can throw junk in the back without being over the top about the leather and stuff.

Well what can I say. Had the car for pretty much most of the day and just can't get over how good it was. If you want your VR6 to be quick, I just don't think there's any better way to spend £4,000 on it - there is no other way to get that level of performance.

I can almost guarantee that anyone who's seriously considering this conversion on their VR, who goes out for a test drive in that car, won't come back ready to put down a deposit.

For normal around town driving, it's as mild mannered as any VR6 is. Not loud, no noise from the turbo, no lumpiness or hesitation - just that smooth VR6 engine that we all know and love. Once you pass about 2,500RPM though it becomes a different animal. The spool time on the turbo is well balanced between the level of torque so never quite experience the behaviour of a TDI where it spools quickly, shoves you and then the power is gone.. it starts to build at about 2,500 and by about 3,500 you can REALLY feel the boost so that acceleration becomes just laughable.. keep your foot in and it just continues to build and acceleration is literally mind blowing. If you come to a slip road onto a motorway or A road, go into 3rd and just build up the power (rather than stamping on the power) and you just rip down the road on never ending surge of torque.. even on the shortest on-ramp, I don't see how you couldn't easily be doing 120-130MPH before you even join the road - though I'll be very quick to point out I didn't do that kind of speed, nor would I dream of doing so! Too busy, too risky, etc.. I value my license too much! But just from experiencing the sheer brutality of the acceleration and how the power just doesn't let off at all into 4th... you could be in license losing speeds in no time.

Vince would probably be the first to admit that the only downside is putting that power down. In conditions that I had today, it was less than ideal - drizzling, with greasy roads.. the car would easily struggle for grip in 3rd, and a foot to the floor moment resulted in the turbo spooling up, the wheels lighting up, and the car almost going like a cat on a laminate floor... sort of on the spot with the legs moving and not much happening, then it'd find some grip and you'd be off like you'd just lit the blue touchpaper.

I don't know what else to say about it to be honest. I just had the most enormous grin on my face the entire time I was driving it. The very best thing was just to pootle around and keeping it below 2,500 revs with part throttle for a while and then when you got to some open road, just winding it up - you simply forget how fast it is, and the speed literally shocks you. It's astonishing. The map on the car seems superb as well.. there is no weirdness, no lumpiness, no quirks, no issues with idling, nothing... it starts first turn of the key, idles perfectly, drives perfectly... Vince and the guys seem to have this one absolutely nailed.

If I had a VR and I wanted serious performance.. forget cams, forget schricks, forget supercharging.. this has to be the way forward!

The only other thing I can say for it is.. it's a car that demands respect. I guess I didn't appreciate it at first, but 190BHP in a car is quick enough - 360BHP is a whole different ballgame, and in car like the Corrado which has a very minimum of driver aids, you could end up in a world of hurt in not a lot of time. I've driven a few quick cars but always on tracks, etc - never had an extended amount of time on the road. Let your silly side take over, or get a bit of red mist, it's easy to see how quickly it could go wrong.. as I said, it'll accumulate speed like you wouldn't believe.. and if your unprepared for it, it's a bit of an eye opener!

Quick pic for those who are interested... took a whole bunch along with a friend of mine today, so will get them up soon :)

By the way this kit looks I would have gone for it if I wasnt already so far into mine already looks tidy install hope mines looks half as good :)

aaaarrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhh. Stop tempting me with this thread. Just stop it now. You lucky :censored: , i would give a limb for a spin it that car.

That underbonnet looks good enough to eat. If i could just justify 4k on the old girl.....

By the way what rims has that stealth car got on it, they look nice? Team dynamics??

Oz's... Superturismo's I think tho not sure. Vince showed me them back in November and I wasn't sure about them but on the car they look superb! Wouldn't mind a set myself tbh!! :)

Nice write up Jim. Good shots as well. Quite thought provoking the red mist musings. I guess there would also be a learning curve effect where you get used to the power and acceleration? I know getting into my VR after a few weeks in the lease car seems like I've got something incredibly powerful then after a few hours it wears off and feels almost normal again. Convoys tend to bring out the worst in me though - wonder what one of those would be like in a VRT :nuts:

Good write up Jim . I knew Vince would come up with great Turbo set up , hes know the VR6 motor so well and know what works :)

Jim your rite its the best thing you can do for a VR6 motor for all out power, its so smooth and pulls and pulls the torque seems endless

Going Turbo is the best thing i did, there no regrets just fun everytime you drive it :D

Power Graphs

Stealth's Corrado VR6T

Customers Corrado Supercharged 8psi

Stock Corrado

Power-info.jpg[/attachment:81h0ji51]

any chance of adding a r32 engine to this as thats what im currently planning and might have to start putting the 12v back in.

cheers mort

Power Graphs

Stealth's Corrado VR6T

Customers Corrado Supercharged 8psi

Stock Corrado

Power-info.jpg[/attachment:31omrp01]

any chance of adding a r32 engine to this

cheers mort

Good Idea! I will see what I can do :D

looks like an amazing piece of kit! i would love to get that done! especially since i've just come into a bit of cash to splash on the car... i have more than enough for it... the only problem is, i love going round corners fast too much to stick a turbo in! I WILL kill myself (which isn't a desaster, killing the car would be!).

Nice one Vince! I need to pop into stealth within the next couple of months anyway to get some bits on the car sorted... would love to see the VRT in all it's glory when i come!

Kris

looks like an amazing piece of kit! i would love to get that done! especially since i've just come into a bit of cash to splash on the car... i have more than enough for it... the only problem is, i love going round corners fast too much to stick a turbo in! I WILL kill myself (which isn't a desaster, killing the car would be!).

Nice one Vince! I need to pop into stealth within the next couple of months anyway to get some bits on the car sorted... would love to see the VRT in all it's glory when i come!

Kris

Traction on the cold damp wintery roads is a big problem, yes 360bhp is alot of power but this is the lower end of what this Turbo kit can do.

About 8 or 9 years ago I put a racelogic traction control system on a VR6 SC Golf. It was brilliant, comes as standard with launch control too.

I think I will have a play with one of these kits in the near future. Modern day power deserves modern day electronics.

VAG fit it to nearly all of their current production models, it does make a big big difference more so than any LSD out there.

The best diff in the world won't stop you lighting up both tyres in a straight line, Traction control will! Possibly cheaper as well?

Check out this link for info

http://www.racelogic.co.uk/?show=Tracti ... on_Control

Kris

you are welcome anytime pop over and have a visit, we can sort the bits on your car and you can check out the VRT

Vince

It just gets better and better. A turbo'd VR but now with traction control as well!

Yep, you best start a new thread up all about that, think you'll have a line up of customers for that one. These cars are going to be incredible even comparing them to modern motors. Mind you, we'll all be spending Porsche money by the time we finish! Haha.

Brilliant work as ever, keep on inspiring us.

Kris

Traction on the cold damp wintery roads is a big problem, yes 360bhp is alot of power but this is the lower end of what this Turbo kit can do.

About 8 or 9 years ago I put a racelogic traction control system on a VR6 SC Golf. It was brilliant, comes as standard with launch control too.

I think I will have a play with one of these kits in the near future. Modern day power deserves modern day electronics.

VAG fit it to nearly all of their current production models, it does make a big big difference more so than any LSD out there.

The best diff in the world won't stop you lighting up both tyres in a straight line, Traction control will! Possibly cheaper as well?

Check out this link for info

http://www.racelogic.co.uk/?show=Tracti ... on_Control

Kris

you are welcome anytime pop over and have a visit, we can sort the bits on your car and you can check out the VRT[/quote:1252wewy]

Vince, that traction control system looks pretty nifty! if you stick that onto the VRT that thing will be unstoppable!

360BHP is the LOWER end of the scale?! woah!! i spose 9 PSI isn't a huge amount... you could probly crank up the pressure i spose? Thats pretty impressive... Cant wait to see it, bud!

Kris

Hmm a Traction Control vs LSD discussion thread would be excellent! Prices seem very similar too.