Vince@Stealth

Stealth Racing VR6 Turbo Kit discussion

I am so excited having seen the curves (shape as well ad figures).

I'll be in touch again Vince - I have the money for the deposit, but no idea about the insurance or how the missus will take this! If she's okay with it, I'm definitely up for it. Thanks for the photos you sent me the other day as well - been to chocka with work / case of the brad pitts to reply until now!!! PS I have air con, so you can take a look if I pop up over the next couple of weekends.

No problem pop over anytime and we will check out the aircon thing.. good luck with the missus hopefully she won't do this :nono:

Wow! What a solid wall of torque! :norty:

Very neatly packed bay. :notworthy:

Are all three curve sets using standard cams, inlet mani and valves?

Is the charger curve from a Vortech-V9 installation?

What a package! :clap:

no idea about the insurance or how the missus will take this! If she's okay with it, I'm definitely up for it.

Give Brentacre a call. They have an open modifications scheme where you can do anything you like to the car without incurring additional fees or an increase in the premium. The only restriction is power. My policy is capped to 400hp (although they don't specify wheel or crank hp :norty: ) and costs me £700 FC, protected bonus, 10K a year, commuting etc etc.

I tried the other well known companies, but Brentacre are by far the best with this sort of car. One of the guys who works there used to have a Corrado 16V G60, so they're very familiar with the marque and they know what an ARP rod bolt is!

Damn, now I just need to somehow raise the cash...anyone wanna buy a supercharger? :D

After seeing the S/C's torque curve, no chance :lol:

This kit is almost enough for me to change my own plans, looks superbly thought out.

Hats off to you Vince :salute:

Damn, now I just need to somehow raise the cash...anyone wanna buy a supercharger? :D

Hush you, you're not helping! :lol: Well obviously a s/c is not worth anywhere near a turbo kit and would be for those who can't afford the turbot. Yeah it has different power bands, but it has its advantages as well. Plus it would be already mapped for the lucky winner. anyways...off topic!

Hush you, you're not helping! :lol: Well obviously a s/c is not worth anywhere near a turbo kit and would be for those who can't afford the turbot. Yeah it has different power bands, but it has its advantages as well. Plus it would be already mapped for the lucky winner. anyways...off topic![/quote:224ocy1f]

might be interested in an S/C depending on Spec and Price :norty:

Bastard. This makes me want another Corrado.

Ben, I am amazed you sold the one you had.... it was definitely up there with the best

It was the guy who sold it to Ben in the first place who needs his head reading :lol:

It has however been remedied appropriately

can this kit be used in conjunction with my existing schrick intake at all?

Your with Schrick will probably be producing something like 205lbft (peak) at around 4000rpm

Have a look at the turbo torque graph, at 3000rpm you about 220lbft and at 4000rpm you got about 325lbft.

I have never run a schrick turboed car on our dyno so can't tell you exactly what it would do....

I my opinion you don't need it.... let the turbo to the torqueing :D

Wow! What a solid wall of torque! :norty:

Very neatly packed bay. :notworthy:

Are all three curve sets using standard cams, inlet mani and valves?

Is the charger curve from a Vortech-V9 installation?

What a package! :clap:

Yes all cars have stock cams,

Is the charger the charger curve from a Vortech? Yes it is.

My car is totally Stage 1 Intro, it has to stay this way so potential customers can have a fair view on what they will get for £4400.

It would not be fair or right if I had cams and a whole host of other goodies. I would never mislead anyone.

Doesn't mean I can't have a flicky switch for 400+bhp though 8)

One question; would the 'wall of torque' that this kit produces put a hell of a lot of stress on a standard gearbox? Or is the 02A capable of handling that fairly easily?

P.S. the numbers look very impressive 8)

One question; would the 'wall of torque' that this kit produces put a hell of a lot of stress on a standard gearbox? Or is the 02A capable of handling that fairly easily?

P.S. the numbers look very impressive 8)

This spec of Turbo was carefully chosen to try and avoid damage to gearboxes but on the same hand not having a laggy low compression slug..

Somewhere I have some power / torque graphs of VR6 Turbo's with incorrectly sized turbo's fitted... IMHO

I will see if i can dig them out and plot them against the graph's form our kit so you can see for yourself.

How about plotting kevs with the GT35 against yours too. That should be interesting.

Yes we looked at this last Friday when Kev was having some steering work done... It was Interesting.

The only problem is the latest power graph we have was 18 months maybe even 2 yrs old. Kev changes something on his car as often as ITV commercials come on when you are watching a good movie :D

If Kev says it's OK to put the old graph up then no probs I will do it...

Kev, if you prefer to wait till we your current power graphs? then just say the word and we'll wait until you visit next time and we will measure your current BHP.... Current on Kev's Car, haha not for long 8)

Kev changes something on his car as often as ITV commercials come on when you are watching a good movie :D

LOL, made me chuckle...

Yes we looked at this last Friday when Kev was having some steering work done... It was Interesting.

The only problem is the latest power graph we have was 18 months maybe even 2 yrs old. Kev changes something on his car as often as ITV commercials come on when you are watching a good movie :D

If Kev says it's OK to put the old graph up then no probs I will do it...

Kev, if you prefer to wait till we your current power graphs? then just say the word and we'll wait until you visit next time and we will measure your current BHP.... Current on Kev's Car, haha not for long 8)

Yeah go for it. It's the one from the last rolling road day I attended and was 11psi boost. It's useful to see what short runners and cams etc do to the top end 8)

Stick that one up of the MK2 running the GT35R @ 1 bar too :D

Is there any chance of seeing it up against a similar rotrexed VR? This was going to be the route I was going for. Now after seeing this it may of changed my mind towards going turbo!

It would not be fair or right if I had cams and a whole host of other goodies. I would never mislead anyone.

Furthest thing from my mind Vince - I was interested in whether the charged curves were stock + V9 only, for comparison with my curves for Schrick+Stg1 V9 and Schrick+Stg1 V9+263.

Thanks for all the info, which certainly shows a most impressive turbo kit even at Stg1 of development.