biggerbigben

Biggerbigben - Golf sold.. another new project!

They are lovely

\You building it yourself?

IMG_0230.jpg

My friend has one and it is truly insane.

They are seriously good looking cars for sure! That one looks really nice. I thought about the soft top but decided to go for the GTR in the end.

I am building mine myself, yes.. I think it will be a breeze compared to the corrado! lol.. All nice shiny new bits that are all designed to go togeather, unlike the corrado where I had to modify and fabricate everything! :lol:

Its funny you should say that as we've just taken delivery of a 'black series' CLK63 AMG at work. It might just be missing its engine by the end of the week

I was actually thinking about an LS7 engine (from a C7 vette) with a slight tune to about 565/570bhp NA But they are still very expensive at the moment as a crate engine. Alternatively there's always the supercharged 720 or 800 small block chevy

Well whichever engine you choose it'll definitely be a beast....

TBH i've never seen one in the 'metal' only in pics and the do look nice..

You serious :shock:

seen 1 on pistonheads last night with a 6L+ (3 or 5) and supercharged beast.

At least you now get that useful space frame chassis :D

Thats the 1 i saw 2, they dont ever get built like that.

Ben what dash conversion you going for this time then :lol:

You serious :shock:

seen 1 on pistonheads last night with a 6L+ (3 or 5) and supercharged beast.

At least you now get that useful space frame chassis :D

Thats the 1 i saw 2, they dont ever get built like that.

Ben what dash conversion you going for this time then :lol:

I saw that one.. bit OTT tbh. Ultima's are best left alone inside.

However I might mould the stack into the dash.. not sure.. :D I was thinking I might add some indicator stalks though as they don't normally come with them, again, not sure... I'm quite liking this layout :

However I might mould the stack into the dash.. not sure.. :D I was thinking I might add some indicator stalks though as they don't normally come with them, again, not sure... I'm quite liking this layout :

Nice and tidy.

Stack definately and thats a good layout but it needs a better steering wheel to do it justice.

I've got my Momo suede steering wheel i bought for the corrado after selling the TVR interior. Might use that, see how it goes..

I take it you know that Elton is leaving Jabba?

Ben

You read my mind, i was going to say a more race/motorsport inspired wheel and suede was going to be the option i would go for.

Spoke to him a couple weeks ago and he broke the news to me then. Told him i was happy he has finally made his mind up to leave as you know he has not been happy for too long now, but gutted at the same time as he is the man who can, always got the right answer from him, he stopped me getting more work done that i suggested more than once as a lot of people try to upgrade things that they have read about or think should be done when realistically they dont need to. I personally think a big loss to Jabba, many many people avoid them through word of mouth scare stories but im sure the bad feelings would change if they spoke to him in the 1st place.

1 hell of a change though dont you think lol, talk about moving on, thought about doing it myself for a couple of years now but its having the initial balls to do it.

You read my mind, i was going to say a more race/motorsport inspired wheel and suede was going to be the option i would go for.

Spoke to him a couple weeks ago and he broke the news to me then. Told him i was happy he has finally made his mind up to leave as you know he has not been happy for too long now, but gutted at the same time as he is the man who can, always got the right answer from him, he stopped me getting more work done that i suggested more than once as a lot of people try to upgrade things that they have read about or think should be done when realistically they dont need to. I personally think a big loss to Jabba, many many people avoid them through word of mouth scare stories but im sure the bad feelings would change if they spoke to him in the 1st place.

1 hell of a change though dont you think lol, talk about moving on, thought about doing it myself for a couple of years now but its having the initial balls to do it.

Jabba will be loosing an asset for sure! He was sooo damn helpful for me while I was building my car, defo couldn't have done it without him. I'm pleased for him though and I think he'll have a great time in Auz! Actually going to meet up with him next weekend, which will be cool. You're right though he has been wanting to do this for a while. Jabba have been unlucky with the scare stories. Prob of the back of the dreaded G60 charger..? but their 1.8T tuning has surely been a success story?

B

One of the best Corrados ever, good that it lives on in various places but a shame to see it split.. I hope you get the VW bug again, i somehow cant imagine you developing a sensible car..

Goldie have you seen his new project?

Ben Did you finish the cage off then as you split before you finished it.

One of the best Corrados ever, good that it lives on in various places but a shame to see it split.. I hope you get the VW bug again, i somehow cant imagine you developing a sensible car..

Thanks mate. The shell has gone to a really nice chap who has some mega plans for it. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

I do indeed have the vw bug and although there is an Ultima chassis on its way to me, it will be in storage for a few months as I've bought another corrado... :ignore: :norty:

Ben Did you finish the cage off then as you split before you finished it.

I put it up for sale with 2 options in mind.. first as a finished off shell with a complete cage, the second option was take it as it stands (90% finished cage). The buyer took it how it was which suited me as I'm up to my eyeballs with engine conversions for people at the moment!!

Although I'm sad to see it go, its freed up some space on the driveway, which keeps the housemates happy.

end of an era.. did I hear you say youve bought another corrado Ben??

hahah... maybe :roll:

the man sounds confident with his words.. Im guessing another corrados appearing from yr workshop :lol:

the man sounds confident with his words.. Im guessing another corrados appearing from yr workshop :lol:

An explaination will follow sometime soon mate :)

I'm just finishing off an engine conversion for someone then hopefully I can get going with the new corrado project. Looking for a quick turn around though as the Ultima chassis is coming soon.