biggerbigben

Biggerbigben - Golf sold.. another new project!

gutted!! i saw your golf parked up on the verge. :( if you need help with a witness,..............the boy racing kiddie was showing off to his mates and just happened to slam itto the back of a sensiable driven abt golf :wink: :D

Oh no mate!

you must have done a good dodge to come out with a reasonably minor job to fix. When I first saw the photo I thought - oh no Radford's been trying to get the back out again....

is it just the rear bumper, light and wing? or did the wheel/suspension/strut get mangled?

biggerbigben,

Beat you didn't tell your miss that you where lookin at the ladys lol

Unlucky mate i nearly writ off my mark 2 buy looking at some girls luckly my mate in the car got the hand brake in time and shouted at me just stopped in time, taxi driver was not impressed !

gutted!! i saw your golf parked up on the verge. :( if you need help with a witness,..............the boy racing kiddie was showing off to his mates and just happened to slam itto the back of a sensiable driven abt golf :wink: :D

cheers rolex, in all honesty I was the one who avoided a pile up in my lane by moving into his, so I think I'm at fault. He was probably going far to quick but he would have been fine if I hadn't of pulled out... :roll:

biggerbigben,

Beat you didn't tell your miss that you where lookin at the ladys lol

Unlucky mate i nearly writ off my mark 2 buy looking at some girls luckly my mate in the car got the hand brake in time and shouted at me just stopped in time, taxi driver was not impressed !

Single mate at the mo :twisted:

Oh no mate!

you must have done a good dodge to come out with a reasonably minor job to fix. When I first saw the photo I thought - oh no Radford's been trying to get the back out again....

is it just the rear bumper, light and wing? or did the wheel/suspension/strut get mangled?

the axle I think is ok, just need a new rear quarter - £270 from the stealers though! My bodyshop man said he would do me a deal, just need to see what happens with the kiddy tonight when he rings....

How many close misses have people had for the same reason! Its like an unwritten rule of the road that if you look over at some ladies, when your attention returns to the road all you'll see is the bright brake lights and rear of the person in fronts car approaching at speed and you have to pile on the brakes, and then break out in a cold sweat about how close that all was!!

Lost count of how often its happened tbh! :|

hope you can get this sorted out with as little hassle/cost as possible biggerbigben, sounds like the kind of snap decision I had to make when I wrote off J-DUB... not a nice thing to have to do... :|

I always get jumpy when people are travelling in convoy and sitting too close together. It looks cool when you're just trundling through town in traffic, but as soon as people give it some stick on open roads I end up straggling at the back or at least with a big gap in front of me.

The last thing you want is a multiple-Corrado (or indeed any car) pile-up.

Good luck with getting it sorted though mate. At least you're not looking at getting a C rear panel, cos they aint cheap :D

that kind of damage to a C would have it written off these days! I'm not sure if you were lucky or unlucky really, bit of both I suppose, hope the kid doesnt try and kick up too much of a stink.

what a bummer.. after having such a buzz from worthsee something had to fack it up.. hope it works out for the best.. catch you soon mate..

Yeah the C is safe and sound...

I have been hit with yet more luck..not. Mk4 brakes are a nightmare.. official! I just put a new set of pads in my rear callipers and now the brake pedal has a really spongy feel. I have to pretty much put my foot to the ground before it will stop! Any ideas why this is happening? I took the cap off the brake reservoir before pushing the pistons back in but there is no way air could have been sucked in from there??? I don't understand it! Any ideas guys?? People have been suggesting that it has air in the system, but god knows how this has happened!??? arhhhh, I hate cars at the moment!

Right quick update... on the mk4 not the C...

Decided to go through the insurance as the cost was starting to get stupid with fixing both cars... to my horror I just return from london to my parents to find a renewal quote of... are you sitting down! £2057 for the tdi!!! 100% increase on last years (fully comp in London) so basically as you can imagine I can't afford that, so car will prob be up for sale once the new quarter panel and bumber have been fitted.

Anyone want a lovely black 5 door mk 4 tdi, now back to standard apart from wheels, which I will polish. Fully spec'd out, leather the works, low milage.. 35k miles..!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost cried when I saw that renewal form!!

Time to change insurers I think. You tried elephant? They always seem to be the cheapest for me.

Also renewal quotes are always more expensive than just a new quote... I'm with elephant and they tried to charge me £1200 to renew. I did a new quote online and it came to £850, phoned them up and they said that was fine, so I was happy :)

Otherside of the story from PVW forum. He's not happy with you Ben. :wink:

"Didn't make it there cos about 15 minutes away from the show some idiot in a MK4 Golf decided to crash into me!!!!!!!!

2 lane duel carriage way coming up to a round about, and the MK4 was going too fast and couldn't slow down for the traffic in the left hand lane so decided, without looking, as not to hit the car in front of him, swerved into the right hand lane straight into me!!!!

Luckily i managed to stop a few inches from the central barrier!

He hit the front corner of my golf (passenger side), so i can't drive the car now cos it's bent the track rod end and wishbone, and destroyed the front end!!!!

Took us about an hour to get on the flatbed, and had to disconnect the trackrod end to get it up the ramps so it would go straight!

I hope so much that we can save it and repair it cos i love that car!!

At first look the damage we found included:

Front Wing

Whole Front Panel (Slam Panel, lower panel etc.)

Front Bumper (Only half of it left!!)

Front Indicators

Headlights

Grill

Bonnet (maybe? It's bent, but could probably be saved)

Needs to be put on a jig cos the flitch ( ? ) panel is crushed

Wishbone

Track rod end

Steering rack (maybe)

Inner arch?

That's all i can remember at the moment!

Big thanks to all that helped me yesterday!!!!!!

AAAGGGRRHHHH!!!!!!"

Otherside of the story from PVW forum. He's not happy with you Ben. :wink:

"Didn't make it there cos about 15 minutes away from the show some idiot in a MK4 Golf decided to crash into me!!!!!!!!

2 lane duel carriage way coming up to a round about, and the MK4 was going too fast and couldn't slow down for the traffic in the left hand lane so decided, without looking, as not to hit the car in front of him, swerved into the right hand lane straight into me!!!!

Luckily i managed to stop a few inches from the central barrier!

He hit the front corner of my golf (passenger side), so i can't drive the car now cos it's bent the track rod end and wishbone, and destroyed the front end!!!!

Took us about an hour to get on the flatbed, and had to disconnect the trackrod end to get it up the ramps so it would go straight!

I hope so much that we can save it and repair it cos i love that car!!

At first look the damage we found included:

Front Wing

Whole Front Panel (Slam Panel, lower panel etc.)

Front Bumper (Only half of it left!!)

Front Indicators

Headlights

Grill

Bonnet (maybe? It's bent, but could probably be saved)

Needs to be put on a jig cos the flitch ( ? ) panel is crushed

Wishbone

Track rod end

Steering rack (maybe)

Inner arch?

That's all i can remember at the moment!

Big thanks to all that helped me yesterday!!!!!!

AAAGGGRRHHHH!!!!!!"

I'm sure he's not happy! I wouldn't be!!! I was in the slow lane and yes I pulled out into the fast lane to avoid a really horrible pile up in my lane. I’m not sure I was going 'too fast' as he was gaining on me in the outside lane as he was apparently racing his mates but thats another story... It was my fault 100% and I admit that, not a lot I can do now I'm afraid, accidents do happen and in this case it involved me. All it takes is one slip up, been fine for the last 6 years of my driving life. That’s why we have insurance and hopefully they will be able to put that young lads car back on the road as it was and fix mine as well. Thus I will be paying the price for the next 2-3 years as my insurance has gone up over 100% as discussed before... What can I say? .. :roll: :(

Time to move on I think, I'll try and get some better quotes this week.. otherwise the car may have to go..

Ben

This really sux and I'm sorry to hear that you may have to lose the Golf...

It would deffo be a good idea to try for some different quotes and see if you can better that renual... just by phoning around I managed to save myself £200 with unlimited milage - my best had been £900 for limited 5K a yearon the C!!!

Give Brentacre a shout and have a chat with John 8)

I've got my front bumper up for sale as I have a new one on its way.

It comes with a modified bumper slam panel which allows air flow to the rad and or intercooler if you have one and you are welcome to the early indicators and fogs as well as part of the price. It has been painted in Porsche Iris Blue, see pics either on page one of this thread or in parts for sale section. It is an early spec bumper but I can provide modified bumper brackets to fit later cars, i.e spaced out 10mm each side to fit in line with larger wings. £100 ono. PM me if interested.

cant find any pics work connection too slow to look all through the pages! which page is it on i may be interested in this.

Bill

cant find any pics work connection too slow to look all through the pages! which page is it on i may be interested in this.

Bill