VR6

Bad Salesman & Bad Buyer Thread

Iamwagon is a little tosser. Still waiting from my refund.... 12 months on....

I tried to step up your bid to get a refund matey :tumbleweed: probably like alot of other people it seem's that unless your name is jeffrey Dahmer you can get away with murder I will not surrender to to**er's like this I will find you eventually

Did you get a refund in the end? I have been told by Iamwagon that my payment is being refunded and the money left their account almost a week ago, but still no sign of it on my end.

I got the £60 back but he hasn't collected the returned lights from the PO for 16 days and I've not had the postage refund he promised on receiving them. At this rate they'll be returned to me :/

This may have been brought up before? . But I was under the impression that if you messed people around using PayPal , you can go through them to sort it ?. I thought it was hard to set a PayPal account up again if you got struck off from it ? .i know you can just reregister another email addy but you have to sort the banking side as well . I know what it's like to be ripped of , Torsten never sent my grill after he had my dough. Then comes on here and people were praising him on his car and I'm sat there thinking , what a tosser!.

Rob

I bought a number plate recess from him and it never arrived. He said he posted it but cant tell me if it was by courier or An Post.

It's probably too late for me to open a dispute in paypal because i believed him up until now and have just been waiting for the part to arrive.

there are 4 posts on this page alone regarding Iamwagon.

Is there anything the mods can do so nobody else gets stung?

\Paddy

Iamwagon is a little tosser. Still waiting from my refund.... 12 months on....

This may have been brought up before? . But I was under the impression that if you messed people around using PayPal , you can go through them to sort it ?. I thought it was hard to set a PayPal account up again if you got struck off from it ? .i know you can just reregister another email addy but you have to sort the banking side as well . I know what it's like to be ripped of , Torsten never sent my grill after he had my dough. Then comes on here and people were praising him on his car and I'm sat there thinking , what a tosser!.

Rob

I have tried to dispute it through paypal but because it was over 45 days since I made the payment they did not pursue it. I paid by credit card through paypal so hopefully I can do a chargeback to get my money back.

Is there anything the mods can do so nobody else gets stung?

It doesn't particularly help the people who have existing issues but he has now been banned from using the forum.

A couple of people i know of have had various issue's with him hope you get thing's sorted quickly.

Well, After nigh on 10 years i've been on here with no issues off other members who have sold me items

in the past i think that Member Seanfordrod deserves a mention of how not to sell items..

I bought a pair of corrado door handles off him a few

weeks back. I asked him much roughly to post them here to Rome, Italy so he

says £15 should cover postage and if it comes to less he'll

refund the difference.

The actual postage came to exactly £6.60..

I'm still waiting for the difference to be refunded AND the driver's door handle has cut

wires that have been crudely repaired with tape,no mention of this before buying the handles.. just to add insult to injury..

Sean mate, if and when your next tuned in and seeing as you don't answer my messages i've sent you, I'll try and see if it'll work through the forum, CAN I HAVE THE POSTAGE DIFFERENCE REFUNDED PLEEEEEEEEEEEZE..FFS.

Edited by VEEDUBBED

Ah ha! A thread to vent my anger to! :-) Beware the user g60knight

A couple of weeks ago I put my car up on the Facebook group to show it was for sale. Someone helpfully suggested I get an oem grill and rear lights to bring the car back to a more buyer friendly look. They offered me a price for both and I said I would get back to them.

Mike called me shortly afterwards (I've bought parts from him previously) and said had had the bits. I said they need to be not broken in any sense as I am selling the car. He guaranteed me they were not. I send him some pics of everything else I needed too and we agreed a price.

When they all arrived I started to fit the parts and found most of them broken, incorrect or missing -

Front grill - three broken slats and missing tab

Heater panel - broken bulb

Radiator cover - missing from the box

Radiator mount - broken and missing the bolt

Seat rail cover screws - wrong size

Rear lights - fine

Fog light - fine

Lower screen cover screws - fine

I stressed that all parts needed to work and he knew how important they were as I told him I was selling the car. When I finally spoke to him the next day I could not get a word in and he kept mentioning that he waited ages (two years ago) for some suspension i was selling him and that they were extra parts in the box he didn’t want. A strange excuse for my broken/missing parts I bought off him.

Again, I don’t want anyone else to have the same issue. I have essentially paid £150 for rear lights, a fog light and three screws. This is not the first time the parts have been poor quality. I don't recall his username on here but perhaps someone can chime in.

When someone pays a lot for parts that are promised are working, I would hope they would arrive. I've not heard anything else for a week from him so assume that I have lost the cash. I've bought the parts elsewhere now.

I’ve called and text him multiple times now with no response.

Below are his contact details so please avoid any contact from hit trying to sell you parts. You wil be buying overpriced broken parts!

Mike Mehub

0xxxxxxxxxx

[email protected]

[email protected]

Removed phone number by request - Toby

Edited by t700bes
Phone number removed by request

I feel i have no choice but to write this . Around three to four weeks ago PETEMCR put up a wanted thread for an ISV. i responded and he paid me for it using paypal. I sent the ISV one day after receiving the money in my account and he thanked me , saying it solved his idle problem . I put a wanted ad up for a MAF around three weeks ago , Petemcr said he had one , he told me what he wanted for it and i paid promptly . Im still waiting for the part to be delivered .He sent me a messege two weeks ago saying he had it ready for postage and left it in his van but would post it the next day . That is the last i heard from him . Ive sent three messeges to him and heard nothing back . Mods im sure you can read our private messeges when it comes to disputes , so please feel free to read mine . Pete if you finaly end up reading this , feel free to write your side of the story .

I feel i have no choice but to write this . Around three to four weeks ago PETEMCR put up a wanted thread for an ISV. i responded and he paid me for it using paypal. I sent the ISV one day after receiving the money in my account and he thanked me , saying it solved his idle problem . I put a wanted ad up for a MAF around three weeks ago , Petemcr said he had one , he told me what he wanted for it and i paid promptly . Im still waiting for the part to be delivered .He sent me a messege two weeks ago saying he had it ready for postage and left it in his van but would post it the next day . That is the last i heard from him . Ive sent three messeges to him and heard nothing back . Mods im sure you can read our private messeges when it comes to disputes , so please feel free to read mine . Pete if you finaly end up reading this , feel free to write your side of the story .

I feel your anger mate. Unfortunately some people don't have the standards of others. I paid someone for a number plate light, the part that lights up.... and was sent a ****e rusty surround!! AGHH So good luck in getting it sorted out

Thankfully Cressa , this thread is rarely used . But yes it’s very annoying when someone does this . If he doesn’t reply to me by pm or on here , he should be banned from the forum, as others have .

Disappointing indeed. I'll drop him a PM and try nudge him along. To be fair some people are just a bit crap at getting stuff posted... Matt (Red Borbet) was very patient waiting several weeks for me to post an air intake pipe for his 5 series.. I just kept forgetting, putting it off, etc.. wasn't deliberate.. was just being crap. Either way I'll PM petemcr and see what's going on. Cheers.

Sorry to have to write this but its annoyed me that much I have stopped selling on ebay as life is to short to be dealing with such a occurrence. 

Sorry if this bores you all. 

I sold these early refurbished gutter seals on ebay. Im sure you can see its a very clear description to show the difference and even a photo showing early and late. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284574495477

Now I didn't even know they existed in till i was a breaking a G reg corrado very early- an old boy came to my yard for some parts and lifted the seals off and said no good i need late- I said they all the same mate he said they shorter- so i said ok and thought I would take them home to compare and to my surprise he was spot on - you can see they are square and not diagonal at the end like late. 

To cut a long story short I got a message off a seller 2 weeks later after delivery saying there is no such thing as an early seal and HIS CAR WAS ALL EARLY PARTS so cant be true- to add the ends have been damaged in postage - I thought odd because I tubed them and put lots plastic bags crunched up in tube so seals could no be damaged.  HE is saying no such thing exists and Im dishonest . Annoyingly etka does not show a variation but it also does not show a variation for the early front window seal that had the sticking out notch at the bottom so etka has deleted some very early parts on there over the years - he is using this against me on etka. 

Here no 28 on diagram to show as an example - you can see no variation . I will attach a picture. 

https://www.ilcats.ru/vw/?function=getParts&market=RDW&model=COR&modelcode=76&year=1994&group=8&subgroup=837&part=155000&pid=3181&language=en

Really annoyingly his applied for a refund saying all of above. The the thing is if you look at the photos below it dont take a rocket scientist to see he has chopped them to try and mod them to fit or vandalised to get a return as there was no returns on them if purchased the wrong part. I have some other here and sent them to my mate showing me hitting them and its not plausible how his are. 

I reached out to Kev who has a very early G reg valver and guess what same seals - i thought great sent photos to buyer and guess what he says no they must be off another car passat or jetta its a joke . I told him I will get a letter of the club to prove it and he says you mean a letter off your mate down the pub. 

Just to top it off I found his car on the FB page and guess what he said he had an early but its a late G60 body. 

Hope that makes sense guys and sorry to bore you but feel like I have been poorly treated and wanted to advise people to be careful of ebay as they will always back the buyer.  Buyers car below.  I believe these seals are only on first or second year production-  late seal fits all but an early will only fit an early- dont ask me how but its a fact. These were oe fitment on the red valver- black car is Kevs. 

Sow looking at giving full refind and getting some extremely rare parts that have been butchered - now if he just said pretty please can i retuen as 150 down and looking at 400 for a new set i would of said go on if you pay postage back. No way that is damage caused by packaging . 

3F32621B-DEE7-4ED9-848D-F8771CE95760.jpeg

1929EE56-28C0-4789-867E-29312F463E68.png

446B6660-8565-4CA8-A761-7972F96EE347.jpeg

C3118A31-CC9D-4C78-AA7B-425812028D61.jpeg

6FD99E4E-8E06-4F4E-8B61-41A4585B81B6.png

5FF7B061-5E66-471C-8185-2668E74B0504.png

742213D7-FC35-441D-B4DB-C042F11C33A2.jpeg

C4EA021F-3B7D-493A-84BA-85FA44C782F9.png

F1A19D03-5436-41DC-B0A2-F1BC12CF9947.png

Edited by Keyo

Sorry to see this mate, there are some absolute choppers about regardless of where it sold unfortunately. I sold an ABS light on eBay a few years ago. It was repaired by me as the solder had failed on a couple of pins. I re-soldered, tested and put on eBay for about £25 posted iirc. The buyer reported that it didn't work so returned it, and on opening it back up it was clearly not the one I sent him as the solder hadn't been touched and the lamp had failed. I put this to eBay but they said I had no photographic or video evidence to prove this. For the sake of £25 I couldn't believe someone would even bother trying to rip someone else off for a free part. Absolute jobs worth!

18 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

Sorry to see this mate, there are some absolute choppers about regardless of where it sold unfortunately. I sold an ABS light on eBay a few years ago. It was repaired by me as the solder had failed on a couple of pins. I re-soldered, tested and put on eBay for about £25 posted iirc. The buyer reported that it didn't work so returned it, and on opening it back up it was clearly not the one I sent him as the solder hadn't been touched and the lamp had failed. I put this to eBay but they said I had no photographic or video evidence to prove this. For the sake of £25 I couldn't believe someone would even bother trying to rip someone else off for a free part. Absolute jobs worth!

That is real bad mate and you was supplying a part really help someone out-  the worst part is the liar makes out that you are a liar and that is the part that gets you that you are as low as them. I forgot to add the package - it was fully tubed and multiple bags crunched in end of tubes and seals put through bags- packaged so unable to move- Im sure if the parcel arrived damaged I would of found out quicker then 2 weeks and photos of damage 6 emails later.  ! Ebay decide on 12th so cant really name but will after.  Blue bit is blanked out address . 

5FFA1411-85BA-4809-9513-F74C2116DB09.jpeg

Edited by Keyo

Agreed, ebay is really risky. Similar experience selling a head unit. Buyer said it didnt work, sent it back wanting a refund and put in a complaint. Gave me negative feedback. And I had to pay their return postage. I tested it and it was perfect. Sold it it to another buyer who seemed to love it!

Best to sell car stuff here..

8 hours ago, fla said:

Agreed, ebay is really risky. Similar experience selling a head unit. Buyer said it didnt work, sent it back wanting a refund and put in a complaint. Gave me negative feedback. And I had to pay their return postage. I tested it and it was perfect. Sold it it to another buyer who seemed to love it!

Best to sell car stuff here..

100 percent chap I learnt the hard way - gave me neg feedback to - im only selling to known friends now or people i know on here- car meets ok as well if i can take with me. It seems like we have all had our hands slapped on there- with the high charges and postage now alongside seller support I certainly wont be selling anything else on that platform .  I know things get damaged in the post but this is not damage as I know i packed them good and his initial email straight out with a lie he had an early car. 

Edited by Keyo

All I'll say with ebay is that they can read you messages, so stay polite and professional whilst refuting their claims, if they get cocky or sarcastic I've always won. I've always won 90% anyway, the last one was a guy in France complaining his part took 4 days to arrive when it stated less in the listing - he used ebays worldwide shipping, I posted to Lichfield, ebay repost worldwide, won the ebay dispute, so he took it to paypal, won that one too. He was so crushed he didn't leave feedback.....

50 minutes ago, Dox said:

All I'll say with ebay is that they can read you messages, so stay polite and professional whilst refuting their claims, if they get cocky or sarcastic I've always won. I've always won 90% anyway, the last one was a guy in France complaining his part took 4 days to arrive when it stated less in the listing - he used ebays worldwide shipping, I posted to Lichfield, ebay repost worldwide, won the ebay dispute, so he took it to paypal, won that one too. He was so crushed he didn't leave feedback.....

Your right Dox 100 percent - when I saw his car was late and the picture of the so called damage after been called a bad seller and making something up I should kept to the facts but said he was the dishonest one not me and he has cut them.  

Edited by Keyo

14 hours ago, Keyo said:

Sorry to have to write this but its annoyed me that much I have stopped selling on ebay as life is to short to be dealing with such a occurrence. 

Sorry if this bores you all. 

I sold these early refurbished gutter seals on ebay. Im sure you can see its a very clear description to show the difference and even a photo showing early and late. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284574495477

Now I didn't even know they existed in till i was a breaking a G reg corrado very early- an old boy came to my yard for some parts and lifted the seals off and said no good i need late- I said they all the same mate he said they shorter- so i said ok and thought I would take them home to compare and to my surprise he was spot on - you can see they are square and not diagonal at the end like late. 

3F32621B-DEE7-4ED9-848D-F8771CE95760.jpeg

Ive never noticed that before or even knew there was a difference between late and early roof trims, but here's a thing, my J plate Corrado is an early body one but after looking my roof trims and comparing with your photo mine are late ones ?, I'm aware that on the 91 J plate Corrado it was a change over year so there is a mixture or early and late parts used in there construction, another oddity on mine was the fuel tank a 12 gallon version but with a in-tank pump where as I was under the impression the fuel pump should be under the car on early models ?

I've been selling on eBay and yes it can be a minefield with complaints and neg feedback, hope you get things sorted.

Think I may have sold something to you in the past.

16 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Car side mouldings were early and late too

Yes forgot to mention that - early look sleeker - they are still listed on etka them .