daves16v

Black Metallic VR - SOLD!

Ok I've been undecided in the last few days about selling up so I'm going to strip the car of parts I can easily replace later on should I decide to keep it. I'll be advertising stuff from today.

Ok I've managed to fend off the need to sell my higher value parts so that's good news. However, I have sold a few bits and pieces and taken the car off the road to save the cost of Tax and Insurance.

So what happens now? I plan to get it back on the road ASAP, not sure when this will happen though.

Good to hear mate. You've put so much effort into that car it'd be a shame to sell

Taxed and Insured at the weekend so it's almost good to go again. Problem is the bonnet cable clip inside the car decided to give up. So took the opportunity to make one up, it's not quite as I'd like as it was rushed but it works, I'll be redesigning it this week and hopefully adding it to my offerings.

Bonnet%20Cable%20Bracket_zpsals1kxo4.jpg

Fitted the Polo/Golf shifter upgrade a few weeks back. Shortens and tightens the shift very nicely but was a pig to fit as the CAT and heat-shield needs to come off, not good when you haven't got a ramp.

New owner has now collected the car, he's new to the forum so I hope he receives a warm welcome and I wish him all the best with his new toy.

Yep I'm sticking around.

No future car plans at the moment, I need a break from worrying about running 2 cars.

Someone got a treat there mate. Great car

Echo these comments and from others whoever bought it welcome along

Agreed. Really, really fine example. Hope to see you in another one some day Dave, though as we all know, they can be a hell of a burden.

There seems to be a lot of people jumping out of corrados at the moment. Whoever bought yours though Dave has bought a brilliant example.

There seems to be a lot of people jumping out of corrados at the moment. Whoever bought yours though Dave has bought a brilliant example.

Bad move selling prices will double over night on Monday after wheeler dealers :)

There seems to be a lot of people jumping out of corrados at the moment.

I think the thing you see, especially on this forum, is people who have owned their corrado (or various corrado's) for years and now they fancy a change. I'm including myself in this as the only car I've owned for the last 10 years has been a Corrado.

I'm sure some will hold on to them but until they really start to go up in value I suspect people will keep selling up for a little while yet.