Ben-B

Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

I just found it all to be more style than substance, and not very good style at that, with that line-up it should have been an awesome film. But you don't really find out why they are the Expendables, nor feel any particular connection with any of the characters. I had real trouble actually understanding Sly and his chats with Statham felt tacked on. The only good character was Rourke's and he was just a bit player. The fights were quite poor, too much camera movement and cutting meant they weren't involving enough. And as for humour, I think I only laughed once in the whole film. I expected a lot from this film and was disappointed, imo The A-Team was much more enjoyable.

So there :p

Fair enough, each to their own as they say. I'm obviously more easily pleased. I'm quite a simple creature see :lol:

Didn't get to see the A-Team in the cinema :( Have to wait for DVD now...

Watched 2001: Space Odyssey last night for the first time

I'll have to score it ?/10 as I have no idea wtf that was about!

The whole thing with HAL and the spaceship was awesome, but the ending, i'm not so sure..........

:lol: it's a strange film isn't it...

Had the same experience with the film. It's awesome right up until the whole white room / monolith / baby floating in space thing goes on... not sure WTF Kubrick was smoking when he made that!

For those that enjoyed the HAL / spaceship parts of 2001 though, I highly recommend the film Moon. Didn't get a large release or a lot of fanfare but it's clearly inspired by 2001 and it's really enjoyable!

I loved the ending of 2001! Thought it fitted the film very nicely; past, present and future with each bit distinct from the other. Certainly made you think. Agree about Moon, well worth getting hold of, especially as it's about £3 in HMV at the moment...

Last film I watched was Abyss ( :| /10). Went on too long, ending decent, middle bit far too rambling and disinteresting.

Last film I wanted to watch was A Clockwork Orange ( :grin: /10). Nearly flawless, thought provoking and iconic.

Watched my first ever Bollywood film called Om Shanti Om last night - was flipping brilliant!!!!!!! Easy 8/10

Salt 6.5/10 Angelina just trying to be bourne but no where near as good

The Experiment - Liked the idea of the experiment but Forest Whitaker got on my nerves half way through felt like punching him 7/10

Part way through watching Prince of Persia been pretty good so far :D

Just watched Expendables and thought it was really good 9/10

I really want a go of that automatic shotgun jesus that thing is cool as :D

The watchtower exploding AA-12? Lol, the Expendables was a pile of pants, can't believe I paid money to see it. Id give it 3/10.

Dinner For Schmucks - 6/10

Was funny, very funny in some parts as expected with Steve Carrell, but I found it too stupid and I was actually getting quite aggrevated at parts because it was so stupid.

Taken - 8/10

Simple idea, 17 year old girl, divorced parents, mother now married to rich guy, father (Liam Neeson) is ex CIA or Special Forces. Daughter goes to Paris with a friend and is "Taken" in a sex trafficking kidnap.

It's well done without being daft and as a parent it certainly struck the right notes.

Thought it was good overall, apart from the bit where he was captured. Very weak!

Watched Four Lions last night.

Really, really enjoyed it, Love Chris Morris' work so 9/10 from me!

Spent the weekend watching films, mostly the ones the missus forced upon me!

Salt - 8/10. Very clever I thought... and not as far-fetched as it might seem.

Law Abiding Citizen. 9/10

Fantastic Four - 7/10. Jessica Alba brought it up from a 5 to a 7.

Twilight - 5/10

Twilight New Moon - 5/10

Three Kings - 9/10. I love this film.

Saw quite a few films over the weekend myself! :D

Once - 8/10

The A-Team - 6/10

The Expendables - 5/10

Magruber - 4/10

The Last Excorcism - 6/10

Just watched Expendables and thought it was really good 9/10

I really want a go of that automatic shotgun jesus that thing is cool as :D

The watchtower exploding AA-12? Lol, the Expendables was a pile of pants, can't believe I paid money to see it. Id give it 3/10.[/quote:1p18dzwn]

The bit before that when they are all in the tunnel area with stallone fighting the big bloke, and the black bloke just comes in with the AA12 and kills the lot of them hehe

grown ups, 8/10 i thought it was very funny.

salt, 7/10 angelina i though was well fit in it.

the expendables, 4/10 it was ok but it could have been soooooo much better, but then again none of the cast have been nominated for an acting oscar.

Gamer 6/10

Interesting concept, if not entirely original and a bit weird. Action sequences are ok, shots are sometimes a bit 'arty farty', but not bad pace-wise and lots of explosions and fights.

Inception - 9/10

:shock: Absolutely awesome film, just so glad it lived up to all the hype it's been getting!! Thought the soundtrack was intense too, thoroughly enjoyed!! :D

just watched shutter island. 2/10.. terrible film.

Crap, I've got that coming on the way from lovefilm. Looked really good, is it really that pants? Scorcesee [spelling?] and De Caprio should be a good combo?

just watched shutter island. 2/10.. terrible film.

Crap, I've got that coming on the way from lovefilm. Looked really good, is it really that pants? Scorcesee [spelling?] and De Caprio should be a good combo?

I didn't think it was too bad, certainly not a 10/10, but neither a 2/10 in my opinion!

Watched "The Departed" last night 9/10, love Mark Walhberg in it, he's just so funny

Watched Grown Ups and The Expendables last weekend. Grown ups was enjoyable and funny would give it a 7.5-8 out of ten. As for The Expendables ive got to say i was disappointed. Some ok fighting scenes in it, but other then that i thought it was a bit lame and over rated 5/10 and thats been generous. :gag:

Watched "The Departed" last night 9/10, love Mark Walhberg in it, he's just so funny

Thats an awesome film, id give it a 9 too.

Watched Expendables recently and id give it a 6/7 and was unfortunate enough to watch Cyrus a few days ago, worst film ive ever seen bar none, it gets a 1.1 lol.