Butterfly

Corrado Club National Day reminder Sunday 24th July

See you at J23A Dave.

Its just about done! Wheels and a couple of coats of AG SPR required tomorrow, a little wash and another coat of wax and I'm done! (thank god!)

Ok there will be me, Laser Mark and Purpletom meeting up at M1 J23A at 9am on Sunday morning, all welcome to convoy down.

Myself and Langers will be coming up from sunny old Devon in his wagon. See you there and hope to say hello to a few new faces.

Edit: We'll be coming up on sunday.

Edited by 8vMatt

I might pop along as well. If anything just to meet some of you guys. Anyone going up from London on the sunday?

Was looking forward to this but have had to dash away for a week from later today. Hope you all have a great day.

Great entry list for the hill climb event on Sunday! Lots of modern stuff and loads of classics. See attachments. I'm heading up to watch practice and wander around the pits today :)

Although not the quickest car up the hill by far, any chance to listen to a Quattro Sport being driven in anger gets my vote!

Some of the V8 specials also sound wonderful ...... Mmmmm V8! And a 24 litre W12 engined Napier Bentley!!!

Turn up on the day and ask for the Corrado Club GB area. Meeting starts at 9.30am but arrive any time.

Pictures below courtesy of the Shelsley Walsh Hill Climb Website.

SHELSLEY_ENTRY_23RD_JULY_2011.pdf

SHELSLEY_ENTRY_CLASSIC_JULY_11.pdf

Edited by CrazyDave

The hall is full of camping gear again.

I've a set of wheels to wrap up and drop off on the way but I'll be there camping this evening so see the campers later and the Sunday visitors on Sunday :)

Just about to set off save a place for us!......see you in half an hour :)

Hehe "save a place" I said! Nice afternoon, some great cars, not too many Corrados though!...........We were number three!

Still any excuse to take the "rado" for a drive........Speaking of drive, it's heading for the south of France tomorrow. A thousand mile blast down the Autoroute du Soleil (motorway of the sun)! Will post some pics of the car against the back drop of the med (god willing!) For anyone who is interested. :)

Managed to wash the car this afternoon albeit at a jetwash.. so will hopefully be heading up tomorrow morning :) See ya then folks :)

What a great day. Was up bright and early and arrived at almost exactly 9am. Quick bit of helping folks get the gazebo up and then over to the onsite cafe for a fry up!

Spent much of the day lazing around and chatting cars with folks, and then took a walk up the hill with Wendy to get some pictures and watch some of the cars thunder past.

Absolutely superb and just such stark contrast to the endless generic VW shows.. a pristine, historic venue brimming with enthusiasts, well thought out and well managed facilities - it felt like petrolhead heaven!

Definitely have to go there again :) Thanks to the folks that organised the day - I really enjoyed it.

Yes definitely an enjoyable day. Interesting vehicles, some memory joggers like it was yesterday when I was knee high to a grass hopper.

Hill climb was fun to watch as was the walk round the pits.

Good facilities and plenty going on. And some real enthusiasts when you got chatting to others.

Dam good day! Cheers Dave/Judith.

And plenty of old friends and new friends today :thumbleft:

Edited by RW1

missed out on this , i just could not go . just spoken to matt and chris who are on their way home , they said it was a great day , next year i will be there .

I brilliantly managed to leave my camera there - so none from me today!! Thankfully Wendy picked it up for me!

Had a good time today! As above really- perfect place to meet up, chat about life, Corrados and the universe, then watch the hill climb 8)

Felt pretty knackered by mid-afternoon- didn't get to say bye to everyone who'd gone further up the hill to watch- was good to see y'all today though :)

Had a good time today! As above really- perfect place to meet up, chat about life, Corrados and the universe, then watch the hill climb 8)

Felt pretty knackered by mid-afternoon- didn't get to say bye to everyone who'd gone further up the hill to watch- was good to see y'all today though :)

Ahh didn't know you were there today mate, would've said hello if I'd known.

Was a great day.

My first time at a meet and thought it was great to meet you guys, everyone so friendly and welcoming. Thankyou and nice to put faces to names on the forum.

It's funny- always happens! We all need name-tags, with Forum name and real name :lol: Only just realised who Purpletom was as he was leaving :oops: Were you in your VR? Don't remember seeing it...

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Forgot to say- congrats to Mark on winning the car of the day award- all that buffing really paid off- looked superb! 8)

No I jumped in with Chris Langers and his awesome Moonlight Blue VR. Mine is about to have the brake regulator changed over.

I made it home - for those who didn't stay till the end my VR refused to start but with the help of CrazyDave it eventually started with the culprit being the crank sensor so many thanks Dave. Also thanks to those who took the pee, you know who you are, all taken in good spirit though (I'd insert a big smiley here but can't seem to get the hang of em yet lol).

Really enjoyed the day, would definitely do the venue again. Good to catch up with old faces and some new ones and congrats to Mark winning the shiny competition. Will post up some pics when I get chance, had to watch the F1 when I got it.

Thanks again CrazyDave.

Here's a few....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48152[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48153[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48154[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48155[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48156[/ATTACH]

lovely motor btw mate awesome colour cant believe there were two there glad you got it started again paint work on yours is amazing

ttfn

chris