GrahamU

GrahamU's 2.0 TFSI with DSG

On 3/28/2023 at 2:19 PM, fla said:

Would there be any way to incorporate that kind of controller into the VR cooling circuit?   I quite like the idea of a variable speed fan!

I dont really know, but I would not have thought so, needs the signal from the ECU

Started fitting the seats today, theory was to use some runners from a couple of old scrap seats, have 1 short bar on either side that the seat bolted to which would allow some room underneath the seat for someone feet sat in the back.

This is what I started with

52787488337_c7094afaf3_z.jpg

Cut down to allow me to fit the new bars

52788273264_af464dde99_z.jpg

Cut my first bar and welded to the runner with a threaded bar welded inside

52787488177_483c4ca82f_z.jpg

52788042231_2a2cd456eb_z.jpg

Then the other side

52787488062_251d5937ca_z.jpg

Bolted these to the seat and tried it in the car which is where I found a problem 😞 it seems that these seats are quite wide at the front and they hit the centre console so cannot go far forwards meaning the seat needs to sit off centre towards the door. Add to that, and probably not surprising, because of the length, there was some flex, and that was before my larger figure was sat in the seat.

So, not to be beaten, a bar was welded between the 2 sides and new fixing points welded in, offset from the centre

52788273084_56604e340c_z.jpg

And with it fitted in the cars original runners

52788439140_8c59306466_z.jpg

Unfortunately I ran out of welding wire so could not make up something for the front mounting but I'll get onto that next week

Hopefully by then I will have made my next big purchase for the car, stay tuned 🙂 

Edited by GrahamU

6 hours ago, fla said:

is there anything you can't do on the car???

Err, get the seat in the right place first time 🙂 

Feeling a bit peed off today, applied to the DVLA to have this plate and they put it in the auction, I could not justify paying that much for it when it started at 300 😞 with tax and costs it comes to £6500, I hope whoever bought it puts it on a decent car.

52792223272_5db048f30f.jpg

Edited by GrahamU

1 hour ago, GrahamU said:

Feeling a bit peed off today, applied to the DVLA to have this plate and they put it in the auction, I could not justify paying that much for it when it started at 300 😞 with tax and costs it comes to £6500, I hope whoever bought it puts it on a decent car.

52792223272_5db048f30f.jpg

I have DOX ??? and asked about the reverse 3 numbers DOX. 

they wouldn’t release the other plate but will release another I’m not interested in with a suffix letter, I can’t ask for another until that one has sold!

what about DSG 20 L? Or 2L

2 hours ago, Dox said:

I have DOX ??? and asked about the reverse 3 numbers DOX. 

they wouldn’t release the other plate but will release another I’m not interested in with a suffix letter, I can’t ask for another until that one has sold!

what about DSG 20 L? Or 2L

I have thought about requesting similar others but I get the felling they could go the same way.

I first thought about C20 DSG but thats on a Merc, there is C20 VWT or F20 DSG or C22 DSG all currently available to buy now but do not quite have the same impact

My final parts from Dreadnought customs have arrived, I already fitted the soundproofing and the bonnet catch

52797499137_693f5f05ac_z.jpg

52798307619_3e48e11d30_z.jpg

now have these to fit

52798477133_4eeaaa433e_z.jpg

52797499067_78b5b8e01a_z.jpg

And decided to buy the F20 DSG plate, make what you want for the F, Fast, F--ing etc but its a 2.0 DSG so a screw in the right place should make it look ok. (I'll probably regret it in a few weeks)

52798033206_a5d9970590_z.jpg

Edited by GrahamU

On 4/6/2023 at 6:52 PM, GrahamU said:

My final parts from Dreadnought customs have arrived, I already fitted the soundproofing and the bonnet catch

52797499137_693f5f05ac_z.jpg

52798307619_3e48e11d30_z.jpg

now have these to fit

52798477133_4eeaaa433e_z.jpg

52797499067_78b5b8e01a_z.jpg

And decided to buy the F20 DSG plate, make what you want for the F, Fast, F--ing etc but its a 2.0 DSG so a screw in the right place should make it look ok. (I'll probably regret it in a few weeks)

52798033206_a5d9970590_z.jpg

those really look nicely made.  They'll set off the bonnet nicely.

🤬🤬🤬 I think I might burn it .........

After getting the seats in and the rest of the interior back in, I started it, all seemed good, I let it go up to temperature 

Then put it in gear, let the brake off and nothing, no movement at all, bought the revs up and still nothing.

I don't know why yet but I did try using VCDS to calibrate the clutch and just got an error message so not holding up much hope for the replacement mech.

The gearbox was working mechanically, I only took out the mechatronic to have it checked and that, it would seem, was a big mistake. 😞 

Is this a mechatronic that can be a pile of shite at times. My mate just had his wife's shit gearbox fault sorted by C&R Enterprises in Nottm. Crasher is an incredible font of knowledge that knows and likes his subject. More than one was in for repair...

Although this was for a 7speed Seat 

Ok, back on track, gearbox rebuilt. I found the replacement mech had some issues so I changed the broken parts on my original mech (broken by the courier) for those from the replacement, and now the car drives again, yay.

So far, only a quick drive round the block so I could turn it round in the garage 🙂

52834668542_fb414c5f0d_z.jpg

Will fit the stereo back in over the weekend and give it a wash

I went back to the standard gear surround with a DSG surround from a touran (I think)

52835444599_c24989d5c7_z.jpg

Re insured it through Adrian Flux @ 185 all mods declared, MOT will be Monday

Edited by GrahamU

Gone back to my yooof and fitted the stereo

52840327995_b7a5e11875_z.jpg

and a another pic of the gear surround

52839348647_28c676e916_z.jpg

Edited by GrahamU

And another Pass with no advisories 🙂 

May have to do a few more mile this year

52843365058_7f67892dcb_z.jpg

Edited by GrahamU

So in a way that all my best laid plans ever get shat on from a very great height, I was all booked to take the car to its first show of this year last Sunday, but on the Friday my wife was admitted into hospital, things got worse over the weekend resulting in her passing away late Sunday afternoon.

Life is shit at the moment

43 minutes ago, GrahamU said:

So in a way that all my best laid plans ever get shat on from a very great height, I was all booked to take the car to its first show of this year last Sunday, but on the Friday my wife was admitted into hospital, things got worse over the weekend resulting in her passing away late Sunday afternoon.

Oh my... I'm speechless. I never though the beginning of the story would end up the way it did. I don't know you, but I'm gutted to hear that. SO SORRY for your loss. Take care of yourself. 

2 hours ago, GrahamU said:

OMG, so sorry for your loss

OMG, there aren’t words for a moment like this, just do what you’ve got to do and keep putting one foot in front of the other. So sorry for your loss, cannot imagine how it could feel.

Absolutely shocking, it certainly puts my problems into perspective 

so sorry for your loss, take care matey

Bloody hell. Stay strong mate. Feel free to have a rant on here at anytime. Gutted for you

On 5/12/2023 at 3:22 PM, GrahamU said:

Graham, i am so sorry to hear this.  You take care my friend.