TheVims79

Corrado front end makeover with Custom 2012 Porsche Panamera front end

Hey there everyone ,

Ive been contemplating this idea for a while now and i hope that one day i can make it work. Is it possible to totally remove and replace the Stock fenders front Bumper and Bonnet to fit in a pair of custom headlights custom fenders and custom bonnet from a 2012 Porsche Panamera because that's the kind of look im going for because personally i think the stock Corrado headlights are really ugly with that Rectangular shaped headlight and rectangular shaped fog lights in the bumper as well are really Ugly and the Corrado has desperately needed a face lift for years now she's crying for a makeover! Have a look here i posted some pics of the Porsche 2012 Panamera. Let me know your thoughts!

Porsche-Panamera-front-Bumper-View2.jpg

Porsche-Panamera-Headlights-View1.jpg

Anything is possible with time, effort, skill and money!

Personally I don't think the Corrado needs touching, but whatever you want to do is up to you.

The corrado is quite a boxy car with lots of straight lines and angles, i think the square lights complement its body shape

As Purple Tom says anything is possible, but If you were to put sweeping lines, curvy lights and wings on the front end it would look ridiculously out of place with the rest of the car, unless you modified the rest to suit

Just my 2p

as above , anything is possible aslong as you know what to do, i think its a good idea and would like to see it done but its a big gamble if you cannot make it work,

Don`t see the point, its a classic shape and a nice design! And who`s going to care? Leave it as it is...

Waste of money to change it,sure we all own a corrado cause of how it looks now.Buy a porsche instead...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

That Porsche front end is going to look totally out of place on the front of a Corrado, they are worlds and decades apart! If you don't like the headlights then maybe you could change them but the whole front would be overkill.

Anything is possible with time, effort, skill and money!

Personally I don't think the Corrado needs touching, but whatever you want to do is up to you.

Thanks for your thoughts mate but check out this Corrado Concept design and maybe you'll give it 2nd thought. I really don't think it looks bad at all especially the Blue Corrado concept and yellow one. The Blue one is my favorite and that's the style of Headlights that id like to go with and its not a curvy body style at all its a rather stealth approach indeed id say! Its time for a face lift! :cheers:

CorradoConcept1.jpg

Volkswagen-Corrado-Patrick-Moczarsky-4.jpg

Volkswagen-Corrado-Patrick-Moczarsky-5.jpg

Volkswagen-Corrado-Patrick-Moczarsky-7.jpg

Volkswagen-Corrado-Patrick-Moczarsky-8.jpg

---------- Post added at 2:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 2:44 AM ----------

That Porsche front end is going to look totally out of place on the front of a Corrado, they are worlds and decades apart! If you don't like the headlights then maybe you could change them but the whole front would be overkill.

I see your thoughts so here's my favorite one that i don't think is that bad at all and the body lines aren't to curvy check out these pics below i really don't think its that bad. These are the exact type of headlights that id use if anything it gives it a new glow and a bit of a more aggressive look to it.

---------- Post added at 2:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 2:48 AM ----------

You are going to ruin a corrado. Not opinion. Fact.

Sorry you think that but i don't think so mate take a look at these pics because these are a direct approach of what the headlights would look like

Edited by TheVims79

There are more curves on those cars than Marilyn Monroe. how would doing that look any good? as said unless you do the whole car it'd look awful and then why not just but a seat leon as thats basically what those photoshop pics are of.

Just dont see the point trying to modify a classic design into looking ****e and modern, thats what having a Corrado is about & not making it look like many other cars on other road today. :)

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?75915-Ferrari-f430-replica-body-kit-group-buy

check the above link mate, seems like your kinda thing.

and what u on about dont like the square shapes? thats the entire charm of the corrado! if u dont like square shapes then why u buy an old VW? (unless just for the soul purpose of ruining it) i think u would be more suited to something french.... like a nice 62 plate corsa or something.

BUT YEEEERRRRR! go ahead! do the conversion, i look forward to seein pics of ur car on barry boys!

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.....

dear me! (FACE PALM)

but in all seriousness check the link mate, this seem like your kinda taste!

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?75915-Ferrari-f430-replica-body-kit-group-buy

Edited by EJ Taylor

Yellow one = seat leon

Blue one = prius with alloys

White one = honda civic with a nose

There all concepts and are all completely different to a corrado , and all them concepts are made on photo shop with nice curvy lines , i could draw my corrado on an etcha sketch its that square ffs ! Any way unless your a god damn genius with fabrication and a bucket of filler ( not saying your not ) then id leave it alone before you end up on one of those " o no look what some one did to a corrado " thread when its for sale on ebay as an unfinished show car

VR6 is it possible to vote someone of the forum? hahah just kiddin, but seriously... you really chose the wrong forum to start posting that kinda stuff, go on a french car forum, or like a vauxhall one, they'll thinks its a wonderful idea! no matter how good you are, you wont make it look good, seriously, and the cost involved, why would u not spend the money on actually making the car nicer and not making it a joke? as i said, if u dont like the squares, for the money ur guna spend, just sell it and buy a different car, preferably stay away from the vag scene! ill be quite now, as this kinda thing "grinds my gears" (yes a peter griffin reference)

dont take my comments to heart though! all just my opinion. end of the day if u like it, thats all that matters, even if it is a laughing stock for everyone else. just gotta be ready to take alota **** if u do something like that!

dont take any of the comments to heart ;)

There were some modifications you could do to the front lights that were executed by Anh from DDI. Have a look at his site (i think it is ddi.com) - the lights are a homologation of the Corrado ones with some Audi A4 ones. Might be of interest?

Why do you own a Corrado if you don't like the look of it? I'll never understand why people want to chop cars up...

Personally, If you're serious about it then go for it - You've got an awful lot of work to do to get it right though. They're totally different shapes, the body shop components themselves - getting these uniform would be a serious undertaking. Get it wrong and will look like a turd

I was curious so threw this together over a brew:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69020[/ATTACH]

Why do you own a Corrado if you don't like the look of it? I'll never understand why people want to chop cars up...

Personally, If you're serious about it then go for it - You've got an awful lot of work to do to get it right though. They're totally different shapes, the body shop components themselves - getting these uniform would be a serious undertaking. Get it wrong and will look like a turd

I was curious so threw this together over a brew:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69020[/ATTACH]

nice shopping! but as said, the front and the back just are complete opposites, they will NEVER work together!

Have you actually seen the size of a panamera next to a corrado? The headlights would pretty much touch in the middle.

Jay

:lol: they are huge, it would be like fitting a RR grille on a mini

I saw a Corrado with mk4 headlights once, great bit of bodywork and obvioulsy took some skill, but it didn't 'do' anything for the corrado.

I do sometimes wish VW made the corrado front more aggressive looking, the facelift cars with the higher bonnet and thinner spoiler in particular can look pretty gormless.