macvwnut

Elsecar Mega Meet + Rallye Golf Show 2013

37? Your not trying hard enough Lee, single figures is easy in a vr!

He was driving like a daisy Chris yawn yawn

He was driving like a daisy Chris yawn yawn

Would have got 40mpg if I didn't have to drive you home :p

Well that was different and new venue for me.

Also thanks for the Evening prior entertainment and B & B hospitality from Jude and Kip. It was nice to meet a few new faces and have a proper chat too.

As for Elsecar, well it needs to be further South, that was serioulsy cold and resulted in several of us leaving around mid-day. Well we were there at 8.30am !!!!

Three hours later after arriving home, I think I have thawed out.

Would someone kindly remind me though - as I barely drink, to not then try, red wine followed by Tia Maria then Port on top of an Indian Meal. Yes, I know should know that, but was having fun and seemed a good idea at the time. !! :D My stomach is seriously not happy and I have not eaten since breakfast. I still have the sausage butties - untouched as yet.

Back to Elsecar, was surprised by the location of the venue but actually thought it worked well with the steam engine and station platform as a backdrop.

Some interesting and very different cars to view.

Yep a top weekend with some top folk :) Thanks for coming to join us you lot you know we appreciate it.

Indeed the cold was pretty phenomenal even for my hard Yorkshire self :lol: I think i'd have left earlier too if Jude's car wasn't in the grounds.

Must say a huge thank you to Simon & Jess and the team for putting together a superb event as i know these things don't come together easily.

Only took a couple of pics really.

Many congratulations to Daren (Harrier) on winning the best Corrado in the show & shine, a very worthy winner.

Thanks Kip ! Had a very enjoyable time with a top bunch of people. It was an interesting/different venue.Long drive home but well worth it,especially with winning a trophy.thanks again for your hospitality

yep great evening as always really good to meet some new folks and yes was a bit nippy. Got home just before 7 so has taken a while to get back upto temperature.

anyway great job Simon and jess and all those who also helped.

---------- Post added at 9:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:55 PM ----------

oh and well done Darren

Well done Darren on your well deserved win, your car looks really well and the recaros super clean.

i had a great weekend (apart from 1 small thing!) and enjoyed meeting up with everyone for beers and curry. Thanks to Kip and Judith for letting us stay and providing breakfast.

Must say the corrado club are such a friendly bunch and this really makes the show for me.

ATT78669_zpsb838849d.jpg

(sorry Chris, just realised that I've caught you doing some random 'mincing walk' there)

Edited by ChrisL

Great show and a lovely bunch of people, your car was lovely Darren and a worthy winner. Hopefully mine will be finished by next year to join in.

Was a bit nippy today , sorry i didnt stop to chat i saw a few of you on the way in and the plan was to have a look around then come back and catch up with everyone but wen we got back to the corrados there was no one there lol , enjoyed the cars again theres some lovely cars there and some that i didnt think deserved to be there tbh , corrados looked good though who evers car was the black g60 on the dark porker rims was one of my faves , we was only there about an hour as the weather was a bit on the cold side , funny enough i was the only one that wasnt cold and the only in a pair of shorts lol , maybe i was hoping a bit to much lol

Show was great... maybe except the cold spell. It took me a while to de-frost myself heh.

Many thanks for the hosts, curry meal, after-party and the whole lot. It was nice meeting new people too. Also grats to Darren - car looks amazing!

Need more shows, sunny weather and bank holidays now :)

Here's few pictures from me:

DSC_0084_final.jpg

DSC_0056_final.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0052.JPG

More pictures available here: 2013/04 Elsecar Mega Meet

Excellent pictures Lucasz. You said you might be able to send me some ? I really like the close up on my nsr wheel & the second one down on this page. Could you email them to me or what would be the best way to do it ?

(sorry Chris, just realised that I've caught you doing some random 'mincing walk' there)

Hey thats just how I walk! :) maybe you captured my r36 excitement.....

Had a real nice time as usual with you guys, i need no excuse to meet kip n Jude at Elachi but a table of corrado fans is even better. As a representative of the North, please accept my apologies for the baltic conditions southern friends!

---------- Post added at 7:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 7:16 AM ----------

And well done Darren, great car you have there. Bbs rx2 ftw! :)

17's , & thanks Chris & nice to meet you & the other guys.

Edited by Harrier