Sign in to follow this  
Richie_FSOB

Private Plates

Ok all, looking through members gallery etc, there seem to be a few Private/Cherished plates, what are they all.

Mine is below.

Started life as H3 TVW, but a moved it around a bit.

I'll get a picture of it on the car tomorrow.

Mines M7 DSP, it means nothing to me, twas a previous owners initials. i like it cause people see its a private and never believe how old the car is when I tell them. 8)

J-Dub is actually J### DUB and was supplied on the car from new...

Still looks cool though, and people don't believe it's a 12 year old car! 8) I can't wait to see people's reactions to it once I've got the bodywork sorted out (got another dented wheelarch this week while the car was in my garage so she looks even more unloved at the moment... :cry: )

(I don't like putting my numberplate onto the internet... )

i have J###GCD and the C has a dot in the middle

looks like G60, guess what its on? :|

here's mine........and they mean absolutely naff all to me other than for sentimental reasons.......paid £8k :wink: for it back in 94......but it did come with a free porsche 944 turbo :wink: :-P :-P :-P :-P......anyway used to think it meant by the time you'd got to finishing reading A2 it was GON.....pretty lame i know but wouldnt part with it now

There are a few on here with J*** GCD. I'm another and Furki's plate is one number away from mine. Our cars were "born" 2 days apart, both black G60's 8) And a couple of others too :-P Not a private plate though, sorry

Here's mine, can you guess what its meant to read?

Once MOT tester goes its in great nick for a C reg :roll:

Still in 2 minds whether or not to put it on the VR, what you guys think?

I've been looking on the DVLA website for a plate that starts G60 for ages and it keeps telling me that there are none :( How'd you get that one mate?

You mainly have to look for G6 ZERO XX

Used to have C6 0VW which translated nicely to G60 VW after some playful bolts. :lol:

Mine is G6O CC which is for G60 Corrado Coupe or G60 Corrado Club or G60 Chris Cooper

Was bought for me by my wife from DVLA for valentines day a couple of years ago.

There should be more G6 O## on dvla site

I've been looking on the DVLA website for a plate that starts G60 for ages and it keeps telling me that there are none :( How'd you get that one mate?

I brought the plate three and a half years ago, I was looking for around a year before I found it.

If your interested pm me, I may sell you my plate as I recently brought a VR6 highline, the next to go would be my Corrado but am in no hurry to sell 8)

There are a few on here with J*** GCD. I'm another and Furki's plate is one number away from mine. Our cars were "born" 2 days apart, both black G60's 8) And a couple of others too :-P Not a private plate though, sorry

Its just the way its spaced, it doesnt matter to me, i have to register it here and bin the plates, get some nice 92 Irish plates for me!

We cant get pricate plates here the best you can do is get some numbers that look like private plates, lie 660 and put a bolt in the first 6, ah well! :?

At the mo I've got J*** RRJ Looks ok seen as my name is John Rackham, so everyone who knows me thinks I bought it, but the one I'm pricing up is J** RAK. What's anyone think???

Reading from what biggrim said above it may be from a 1992 Corrado G60,,,But i doubt it

Reading from what biggrim said above it may be from a 1992 Corrado G60,,,But i doubt it

Its reg date is the first week in Jan 1992, unless one previous owner bought it, but i doubt that!

Does anybody know why you can't get plates starting with 'F' yet - it's really pi$$ing me off as want to get my name - FII KET (Phil Kett)

Does anybody know why you can't get plates starting with 'F' yet - it's really pi$$ing me off as want to get my name - FII KET (Phil Kett)

They just haven't been released yet except for a selected few which went to auction. You can sign up via the DVLA's website to be informed when the 'impending' release actually happens.

Or you could turn the II into a U......