seanl82

Seanl82's ringer Storm

I'm gutted with garages too and the weather.

I'm out of Edinburgh with a double garage and moving back to Edinburgh for a huge mortgage and a single garage, excellent result !!

Where are my GTD winter alloys going, spare Speedlines and wives Tiguan winter alloys going :bonk:

They're 'plus axle' Sean so the correct ones, am I right in that the ones you received were wrong type?

Just to double check, will 'plus axle' ones fit a 92 VR6?

Thanks!

Fronts now on. Went relatively smoothly although I forgot to mark where the lower bolts were so I've got mega negative camber now its back on the ground! Got a trip down to JMR coming up soon though to sort all that.

Only have N/S pics as it had started raining by the time I had got to the O/S, so had to rush a bit.

WP_20160220_11_42_50_Pro_zpsyvkpg3tq.jpg

WP_20160220_11_42_25_Pro_zpshfaji6cz.jpg

Front is sitting a bit high at the moment but hopefully it settles down. Fingers crossed I don't have any issues.

I'll get some pics of the ride height tomorrow after a bit of a drive, and they've had time to bed in properly.

Thanks Rob & Daren,

You're welcome cmalyan.

Looking back on seanjaymos old gallery thread, I'm a little worried now. He sent up the replacement springs that Eibach sent to him eventually and the new owner posted a side by side pic.

The ones that he had trouble with have the same part number as mine...................

I had a look at daves16v thread as he had them fitted too, but he didn't show a pic of the springs themselves. Does anyone else have this setup and have pics, or can confirm that the springs you have are the same part number as the spring on the right in the link below please. (3rd pic).

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?80155-Corrado-Part-Duex-24V-Aqua-Blue-She-s-gone&p=1092121&viewfull=1#post1092121

Mine were supposed to be the right ones and were marked up as such.

I believe that there was a bad batch kicking around and bilstein/Eibach refused to admit to it. I had an absolute nightmare to get the correct stuff sent out to me.

Hopefully you have no problems Sean. This saga with the suspension mixed with the need to commute 16k a year with no storage option, killed of the corrado for me.

Suspension has been on a few days now and done around 50 miles so I'm sure its settled. Got to say the ride is sooo much more comfortable than the Weitecs! The rear does seem a little firmer than the front, so I still have the whole issue as above in the back of my mind, but I'm at 330mm all round from centre of hub to bottom of arch so think I may have dodged the bullet. Its sat little higher than before and not quite the perfect stance imo, but I'm still happy enough with it and the ride more than makes up for that. Even changes in road surface brought crashing from the Weitecs, where as these just soak them up like any standard suspension. Road noise has noticeably decreased as well so the whole driving experience is so much more pleasurable for me. Getting old I know!

Excuse the filth!

temporary_zpszqxebv4b.jpg

temporary_zpsod5ckijm.jpg

Really glad it's worked out for you Sean . I was hoping a lot of my crashing would be sorted out , when I've renewed the ball joints , bushes etc . Considering the state of these parts you would have thought so . But I'm not 100% . Here's hoping ! , as my suspension is set to the softest I can get it.

Looks great and I think the same as you, ride height is decent, could be lower but the quality of the ride more than makes up for it.

I've had cheaper and harsher set ups but the Bilstein kits are the best middle ground for me.

Looks good mate. Rude quality seems to be the order of the day over having the car low.

I intend to bin by KWs at some point you favour of something that compliments the car more.

Looks good mate. Rude quality seems to be the order of the day over having the car low.

I intend to bin by KWs at some point you favour of something that compliments the car more.

goldie if you 'bin' your KW's could you give me a heads up about them when you do pls ;) lol

valver suspension is definitely on the soggy side

goldie if you 'bin' your KW's could you give me a heads up about them when you do pls ;) lol

Will do. They can always go in the recycle 'bin'. There is nothing wrong with them, I just feel the combination of the KW and large wheels is to crashy. I've no idea what I'll get instead so will be following others with interest.

Will do. They can always go in the recycle 'bin'. There is nothing wrong with them, I just feel the combination of the KW and large wheels is to crashy. I've no idea what I'll get instead so will be following others with interest.

thanks m8 it would be appreciated.

if I could afford it I would like to put V3's on the VR & swap the V1's to the valver but no way I can fund them for quite a while. VR paint must come first

I have B8s and EiBach springs on my and really like the set up ..... same as B12 but I bought separately.... depends what your after.... they are fairly firm but not crashy.... if you want slightly softer I understand the B6 are good.... bought mine from Germany and saved a fair bit.

Thanks for all the positive comments gents, much appreciated! :thumbleft:

Michael, I think your car has an absolutely perfect stance. What will you be swapping them out with?

Had a small water leak for the last few weeks, and couldn't see where it was coming from with everything in place. I suspected it was coming from the rad fan switch, but all I could see were small drips coming from the bottom rad hose. Had to tear the front end down to be able to see it properly though.

DSC_0055_zpsiqcpizgk.jpg

True enough, it was coming from the switch and it was actually pretty loose. A good half turn was all I could manage but its sealed nicely now. I found another leak as well coming from the drain plug on the crack pipe. I managed to get about half a turn on that too, but its still weeping very slightly so I'll see if I can get another plug and seal for that, as I don't fancy replacing the whole thing if I can help it!

My water level light keeps flashing when the car gets up to temp too, even though the level is good. I originally thought it was the new expansion tank that was faulty, but I shorted the sender plug and its still the same. I saw a thread on Vortex that suggests its most likely a dry solder joint on the binnicle, and I've got a spare one so I'll try that tomorrow so if it cures it I'll re-solder it all.

The eagle eyed amongst you will have noticed the bonnet foam too. I finally go around to fitting it the other day.

Closer pic.

DSC_0052_zpssn3emoqn.jpg

Bonnet catch is removed as its very sticky, but I have another with a set of pins which I'm gonna ask Ian (GloucesterOx) if he can re-plate them next week.

I swapped out the boot popper too as the original was scuffed, and it didn't work with the key. New one in and lock re-tumbled and all is good. Noticed that the central locking isn't working when opening from the passenger side though, so I'll have to have a look at that next week.

I bought a grey parcel shelf from ebay for £16 delivered which I thought was a bit of a bargain which arrived today. I wasn't sure whether to dye it or re-cover it originally, but there are some fag burns in it which has obviously meant I'll have to opt for re-covering. Gonna go on the hunt for a bit of carpet/fabric for that next week too, although I do have some acoustic fabric in very light grey in the shed so I may attempt to fit that first and see how it turns out.

From this.

DSC_0058_zpsc9oaupow.jpg

To the uncut version.

DSC_0057_zpsnxuvtz8d.jpg

Still having to use the car for work which I'm really not happy about, as I've noticed a very slight crease on my drivers quarter where someone has obviously opened their door onto it. :mad2:

You can only see it with the sun reflecting off of it from a certain angle, but I know its there and its p i s s e d me off no end!

Got a couple of stone chips on the front end too but I suppose thats inevitable.

Hey ho, hopefully it won't be for much longer. :rolleyes:

Edited by seanl82

Nice work Sean, I have a spare crack pipe plug I think, if you want it let me know and I will dig it out. It's at the workshop though so won't be until btw Tuesday :)