seanl82

Seanl82's ringer Storm

Looking good. This is one of the jobs I need to do with mine. Did you get the arms direct from VW?

No I got them from Heritage Mic. The RHS one is genuine VW, but the left is discontinued so is Topran. Both the same price though, and much cheaper than I thought they'd be tbh. I may source the bushes from VW to put into the LHS one though. Shouldn't be more than a few quid each, but who knows with the dealer.

Are you sticking with the OE bushes or upgrading to the R32 ones?

No sticking with OE Jim. I'm starting to get on a bit now, and can't deal with it being any stiffer than it already is.

Cheers Rob, still a way to go though mate. I'm getting bits from month to month so spreading the cost which helps! I'll be back down your way in 5 weeks, so hopefully be able to sort another regional meet before too long mate. :thumbleft:

No sticking with OE Jim. I'm starting to get on a bit now, and can't deal with it being any stiffer than it already is.

I'd heard stiffness becomes a problem as you get older ;)

Well the promise of a garage hasn't materialised at the new house, but luckily I've got one after arguing the toss. Just have to wait for them to fit a new lock as the previous owner took the keys when he left. Should be in in a week or so though hopefully. Picking up a crappy daily tomorrow though so no more using it daily!

These also arrive Wednesday.

DSC_0280_zpshwffd1vn.jpg

They're the replacement Eibach springs, so all should now be well when they're fitted. Will replace them over the winter when I do the rest of the Underside.

The springs and shocks are the only thing I'm not replacing , not yet anyway .ive made a start on my jobs Sean . Front end is off , no going back now !.

Haha, moving away from the "dysfunctional" conversation! Lol, new daily is just an old Pug 206 1.1L runaround. Utter bargain price and had loads of relatively recent work that cost a bit so if it lasts me until it's next due MOT (April) then I'll still be happy.

Dox - not sure the pic is good enough, although I'll try to get some more decent ones over the next few weeks in preparation for a possible first entry for next year's calendar.:thumbleft:

Quick pic of the daily, as mentioned it's a 2003 1.1L slow as sin lump, and it's done 144k. That said, in the last 18 months it's had a new clutch, cambelt, entire exhaust including lambda, battery, steering rack, track rod ends, wishbones including bushes, and 2 new tyres. Also had new shocks all round a couple of years ago. It has auto wipers and lights, and A/C, but does have a few battle scars. It drives surprisingly well for such high mileage car though. For £220, as mentioned if it lasts til MOT (end of May not april), I'll be happy and can still flog it on for close if not more than I paid for it.

DSC_0282_zpsyjjrm8ep.jpg

Edited by seanl82

DSC_0130_zps4mehirb8.jpg

Fab calendar pic there?

Yep! But I'd have to airbrush the Ford that's spoiling it!

Sean, can you email me a copy?

Woop woop!

Finally after 4 weeks I have a garage!!!!

I can't believe how stressful it's been getting to this stage. Someone has opened their door onto it in the parking area on the street, one of the kids from down the road let their scooter roll into it, and my 3 year old was helping Daddy fix the car by turning a screwdriver on the rear Arch paintwork! I've tried parking it further away but don't like the fact I can't keep an eye on it, so I'm massively relieved I can now lock it away and it'll be safe!

It needs a quick wash over the weekend, and maybe one last blast before I tuck it away for a while and begin stripping the Underside. Updates of worth to follow over the coming months! :thumbleft:

DSC_0297_zps1lceuauc.jpg

Thanks Jez. In all honesty, I'm regretting moving back here already. I don't think it would be so bad if we were a bit more than a single Street away from the inlaws! :bonk: