peterdinosaur

VW Motorsport VR6 Inlet Manifold - No Longer Available

VW Motorsport VR6 Inlet Manifold

A complete VGI Manifold with a loom, ecu, injector rail, throttle body and other bits I find along the way (many tubes and random boxes).

This came with the car when I bought it, and I don't intend on using it on my car so would like it to find its way onto another engine to be used properly.

Obviously this is not a pristine example as the price reflects and I am happy to look at offers!

Also this manifold does not have the VW Motorsport Logo at the front.

If you should so wish to view the bits they are in York, so message me and we can arrange something.

Any questions please ask.

List Date: 6/4/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: VW Motorsport VR6 Inlet Manifold

--------------------------------------

This item is no longer available.

browseformore.png

--------------------------------------

the-corrado-forum

1cd4058a-0562-4f7c-b17c-030a8c1001182.jpg

010a2afa-0224-4238-81c8-b062376f4fe52.jpg

d58d1583-94dc-4fbe-855c-65c777e432b62.jpg

478a402c-a405-4972-84eb-2f659a9817082.jpg

32edc5b8-65f3-4841-a6d9-24a91dce293a2.jpg

1388b748-4aed-411d-be83-055142c65cc12.jpg

Mobile friendly version: VW Motorsport VR6 Inlet Manifold

Go Mobile: Download the free Panjo iOS app now!

Will work with both. Combine this with a nice set of Schrick or Schimmel cams for a really tractable engine..I remember mine fondly too.

Just a quick thank you to all which are answering questions on this! Massive help!

The cams in my engine which the previous owner was going to attach it to are Schimmel 263's if that is of any help.

And as asked yes there is an ECU.

Any more questions please ask, and myself or the brilliant community shall help!!

What a great price!

Will this work with a coilpack engine or just a dizzy?

Different ECUs. If this is a dizzy ECU and you have a Coilpack engine, you'd be better off getting your existing ECU remapped by Stealth Racing. They're the best guys for this by miles. They are one of a handful of tuners who have legacy Motronic ability.

For purist's sake, I'm sure Stealth could take an exact copy of the VSR map from the coilpack chip and transfer it, but Stealth's map would be better.

It's just typical that when I really don't want to be spending any more money on my car, a really tasty part like this turns up - in my city! :D

What a great price!

Different ECUs. If this is a dizzy ECU and you have a Coilpack engine, you'd be better off getting your existing ECU remapped by Stealth Racing. They're the best guys for this by miles. They are one of a handful of tuners who have legacy Motronic ability.

For purist's sake, I'm sure Stealth could take an exact copy of the VSR map from the coilpack chip and transfer it, but Stealth's map would be better.

Thanks Kev..

I had heard that the Schrick is, technically, a better design in terms of performance but the VWM manifold has more kudos and has the bonus about being able to change the spark plugs without taking the inlet manifold off!

Would love to buy this.. Just a bit out of price range. What's better this manifold or shrick one?

The Schrick manifold has tuned inlet runners so it will give slightly better top end bhp than the VSR.

However, the VSR allows the spark plugs to be changed while it is in situ. Also, as the VSR was made in limited numbers and is genuine VW, it will always be more sought after and valuable.

Wonder how many ppl have got a storm with one of these bad boys

Have you bought it then?

if it was a bit cheaper then I'd have it

Me too :)

Make him an offer, he can only say no?

Bit cheaper??? A VSR for a grand!?! Get your wallets out ya mingebags! :lol: