Jamie

Anyone one on here from or know loads about Sheffield?

If you're easily bored I'd leave this thread now, if you are of an inquisitive mind then read on...

If you go along the A61 past Sheffield Wednesdays ground on your right, towards the town, past the Bassett factory on the left and Pizza Hut on your right, just down there on the right on the side of a hill are a load of what look like derelict beach huts - anyone know what they are? I've been driving down that bit of road for years but only noticed them on Tuesday and it's doing my head in what they're there for...

I didnt even know Sheffield had a beach !?!

Haha you serious? Sheffield beach is one of the most famous in the country! It's absolutely stunning mate. Honestly I wouldn't bother with Tenerife etc this year - get yourself down to Thomas Cook and tell them you want a fortnight in the Sheffield Beach Front Aurora. It does get quite expensive in August though

It did in 07 when it flooded.

I know the exact spot but don't know the huts you mean..... I'm intrigued now too

I know the spot, and could picture it as you described it, but have no idea what they are :S

Well Wigan has pier so anything is possible

Has anyone found out about these huts yet? Can't sleep at night and turning towards alcohol in frustration at not knowing. It gnaws at my mind day and night, a little voice repeating over and over again. "What are those huts????"

Just google street viewed my way down there and can't see owt. How far after the Pizza Hut are they?

Right something really spooky happened up there yesterday - I drove past the spot where they were and they'd disappeared! I stopped at a set of lights and there was an old man waiting to cross the road. I called out to him "Hey old timer - do you know anything about some huts that used to be over there?"

He cackled maniacally before looking me straight in the eye and saying "There haven't been any huts there since 1948 me old duck. They were POW huts during the war and one night one of the inmates went berserk and slaughtered every poor soul in there then disappeared. Three years later they burnt down mysteriously"

"B...but they w...were there just last week" I stammered looking at the spot. As I turned round the old man had vanished!!!!

50 yards down the road I spotted them, realised I was in the wrong place previously and saw the senile old twat on the other side of the road.

The above may or may not be a true account. They are actually derelict pigeon huts.

Lmao excellent - thought we were on ghost watch for a minute! Did he insult you for calling him 'Old timer?' :thumbleft:

Right something really spooky happened up there yesterday - I drove past the spot where they were and they'd disappeared! I stopped at a set of lights and there was an old man waiting to cross the road. I called out to him "Hey old timer - do you know anything about some huts that used to be over there?"

He cackled maniacally before looking me straight in the eye and saying "There haven't been any huts there since 1948 me old duck. They were POW huts during the war and one night one of the inmates went berserk and slaughtered every poor soul in there then disappeared. Three years later they burnt down mysteriously"

"B...but they w...were there just last week" I stammered looking at the spot. As I turned round the old man had vanished!!!!

50 yards down the road I spotted them, realised I was in the wrong place previously and saw the senile old twat on the other side of the road.

The above may or may not be a true account. They are actually derelict pigeon huts.

So relieved to hear this, I can now rest easy. Wait though, this means the prisoner of war pigeons are now roaming freely in the skies above us. What if they......?? OMG. I will have to add anti pigeon defences to my already extensive ant precautions. Where's the single malt to help me sleep. No. I can't sleep just now. Must plan defences. what will I?? Must go now.

Yep definitely pigeon huts. lol! Used to see the old boys racing from there in the late 70's early 80's as we went past on the bus :)