loepan

talking of corrado prices....whos was this then?

pity it has had to go to ebay

it really is a special motor - one I would like to own if I could but sadly not at this time

Yep, it's mine.

It was up for sale here a couple of months back a bit prematurely, turned out i needrd to replace a lot of drivetrain parts, followed by me enjoying it again and not being able to make my damn mind up!

It's a fantastic car, but most of the fun for me was the whole process of taking a standard car and turning it mental. I'd like to start another project eventually.

Anyway I'll honour the original ad price for any forum members, that way I know it'll go to a good home:)

Nick

Oh and if it doesn't sell then I won't be that upset! Car is probably worth more in parts but too many Corrados have been broken as of late

Yep, it's mine.

It was up for sale here a couple of months back a bit prematurely, turned out i needrd to replace a lot of drivetrain parts, followed by me enjoying it again and not being able to make my damn mind up!

It's a fantastic car, but most of the fun for me was the whole process of taking a standard car and turning it mental. I'd like to start another project eventually.

Anyway I'll honour the original ad price for any forum members, that way I know it'll go to a good home:)

Nick

Oh and if it doesn't sell then I won't be that upset! Car is probably worth more in parts but too many Corrados have been broken as of late

Were the drivetrain replacements due to the turboing Nick, or just general wear and tear?

I believe just worn, it's a 20 year old car :) I usually (and some may say foolishly) just give my garage a 'blank cheque' approach to ensure the car gets serious love, the rear bearings were a bit loose, the tie rod ends weee siezed on and i think a CV was siezed onto a shaft if I remember correctly.

Just had a thought, if anyone had the inclination to do so and wanted to turbo their VR, they could effectively swap everything over and sell the rest. The interior would be worth a few bob as well as all the other standard breaking gubbins

I realise that may contradict what i said previously about too many being broken, but once it's out of my hands the new owner can do what they like!

Edited by n3p

It's cars like this that make me wonder about putting a turbo on mine, for two reasons:

1) Why turbo my car when I could sell it (maybe) and buy this already done? Arguably cheaper in the long run and much easier.

2) Why do so many people who turbo the VR end up selling so quickly?

Looks like an amazing car, and I'd be sorely tempted if I didn't have enough decisions to make as it is on my own car....

I believe just worn, it's a 20 year old car :) I usually (and some may say foolishly) just give my garage a 'blank cheque' approach to ensure the car gets serious love, the rear bearings were a bit loose, the tie rod ends weee siezed on and i think a CV was siezed onto a shaft if I remember correctly.

Just had a thought, if anyone had the inclination to do so and wanted to turbo their VR, they could effectively swap everything over and sell the rest. The interior would be worth a few bob as well as all the other standard breaking gubbins

I realise that may contradict what i said previously about too many being broken, but once it's out of my hands the new owner can do what they like!

did you end up having the new stronger gears fitted that I had seen on the thread Nick?

Wasn't having a go Nick I just wondered as one of the things that puts me off turboing is the increased strain on the drivetrain components. Does look a fantastic car though.

Ha - know how you feel Mic

In real terms, how fast is this car? i.e. Does it see off M3, M5, AMG 55/63, Audi RS, etc. how easily? For me at the moment, I'm looking for something fast, and would sooner go unusual rather than factory fast. Cars like this VRT are seriously tempting, so trying to decide VRT or turbo/supercharge my GS430. Some real world comparisons might help me decide. Convincing the Mrs is a different matter, I can already scare the sh1t out of her in the VR.... lol

Jamie, i know you weren't sorry if my reply came across that way!

The strengthened gear set never materialised as stealth couldn't come up with more goods. Vince thought it was a bit overkill anyway!

Tiger - the car is properly quick from 30mph onwards. If i had racelogic traction control I'd probably launch it more but as it is i wanted an A/M road rocket, and nothing i have encountered has surpassed it yet. Highlight scalping being a V10 R8!

Mic - the journey of modding appealed more to me! Now I'm itching to tinker with something else :)

New pics added to the ebay ad! Like i said before, £8250 to CF members :)

Nick

Tiger - the car is properly quick from 30mph onwards. If i had racelogic traction control I'd probably launch it more but as it is i wanted an A/M road rocket, and nothing i have encountered has surpassed it yet. Highlight scalping being a V10 R8!

V10 R8?? That's hilarious!!! I need to start hunting meatier pray :lol:

Mic - the journey of modding appealed more to me! Now I'm itching to tinker with something else :)

Nice! Those V10s are quick!

So what do you fancy next Nick? There's something about working on a car and driving it later knowing you've done the work.

I think it was Nicks thread (although I could be way off), but I remember reading he'd had quite a few scalps of genuine supercars. The only one to show him a clean pair of heals was a (heavily modified) Focus RS.

Keeping my options open so far, leaning heavily towarda a 911 but I've been offered some interesting things in px!

The RS wasn't me, but I did struggle on a twisty road against a Corsa VXR... Still kept ahead thanks to straights, but it really was gaining on me in the bends. Damn modern chassis, i was very surprised!