Dox

Define "Corrado Enthusiast"

When you lose track of how much it has cost you since you bought it, and don't mind paying ridiculous running costs and road tax every year. And you have a turned eye from checking to see if your spoiler goes up and down as it should every time... ;)

If you think about your Corrado most of the day, go out for joy rides regularly and lose track of how much you spend on it, you're definitely a Corrado enthusiast.

And you have a turned eye from checking to see if your spoiler goes up and down as it should every time... ;)

Haha, that made me laugh, as I still check every time that mine is still working.

not sure really as there seems to be quite a crossover from some of the items identified above into corrado 'obsessive'

maybe installing wood flooring your garage, to make sure she has somewhere nice to sit with a couch next to her to allow me to sit comfortably and gaze at her!

Looking at your reflection in shop windows when you drive past.

Haha true story!

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Clenching everytime you hear anything other than smooth tarmac under-wheel.

Winding the window down in a exhaust fume filled tunnel to hear the engine resonate as you crawl at 5mph

Edited by culshaw
"clenching"

What to you is a Corrado enthusiast?

When do you stop being a Corrado driver and become a Corrado enthusiast?

Specifically I stopped being a Corrado driver and am still an enthusiast - I am just trying to work out how to get another without selling all the VWs I currently have.

When you lose track of how much it has cost you since you bought it, and don't mind paying ridiculous running costs and road tax every year. And you have a turned eye from checking to see if your spoiler goes up and down as it should every time... ;)
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ALL of the above!! :)

when you wave at other corrados when not in yours.

Edited by oli1vw

When you see every post on this forum within 10 minutes of it being posted! :bonk:

Best one yet!

Sent from my SM-J500H using Tapatalk

When you see every post on this forum within 10 minutes of it being posted!

and can offer helpful advice

Edited by oli1vw

When you just don't repair something, you have to paint so it looks nice and new. Even though nobody is going to see it

Also replace bolts removed for new (if available). Or is that just me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by sankysvr6

When you go to work in the morning and keep turning back to look at it , but not before you have checked it over for bird poo on the paintwork . Then when you get home you check it again .

I have been known to go in the garage and open the doors just to get a blast of that distinctive corrado aroma...

When you have a receipts folder adding up comfortably into five figures not including the purchase price of the car in little over 6 years ownership and the car is not even worth what you paid for it. And you still can't really consider wanting to part with it.

Either it's enthusiasm or insanity. Maybe a bit of both.

Some days though you park it up and walk away and glance back (as I do every time I park the car and have done ever since I have owned Corrado's) and you think aside from seriously more expensive stuff, there isn't much else you would rather drive.

I have been known to go in the garage and open the doors just to get a blast of that distinctive corrado aroma...

lol it is funny how they have their own smell isnt it - the VR is different to the valver too

i also have been know to go into my dads garage & open the door in there to get a whiff of the 70's interior - it still has the same presence as all those years ago

Some days though you park it up and walk away and glance back (as I do every time I park the car and have done ever since I have owned Corrado's) and you think aside from seriously more expensive stuff, there isn't much else you would rather drive.

i think you have hit 2 nails with one strike there Jim

firstly - i dont know of many, if any, other car owners (or cars which make you do so) who ALWAYS turn to glance back at the rado as they walk away. i too do this every time & i catch myself sometimes just looking at them both on the drive for ages at a time

secondly - i find myself actually not liking driving anything else, nothing quite feels like a rado cabin & there are so few cars out there today which can match the driving feeling & experience a rado offers - certainly none that i can really afford anyway