MarkR

Another strongly priced VR6

A lot of money for a white non-leather model, i just don't like white ones (unless they are modified), i'd of thought it should have Silver VR6 badges front and rear.

Cheaper than the mk2 golf GTi on the same site...!

A Corrado is for life, not just for the MOT.

The one red ignition lead smacks of penny pinching. If you have one faulty one, why not just replace the lot at the same time with a matching set?

The one red ignition lead smacks of penny pinching. If you have one faulty one, why not just replace the lot at the same time with a matching set?
This is what dealers do, replace one at a time.. Snap the car up, get a matching set of leads and put a grand on the price!

That's a laughable price. I know as enthusiasts we're supposed to talk the prices up on these but at some point, an amount of common sense has to be realised! Cloth interior and undesirable colour (although I've personally always liked them in white)... I'll be stunned if it sells for that price.

Fast Classics have sold a couple of other Corrado VR6's in the last year or so including Chris Gaskell's Storm. Both these cars were advertised at a high price.

That's a laughable price. I know as enthusiasts we're supposed to talk the prices up on these but at some point, an amount of common sense has to be realised! Cloth interior and undesirable colour (although I've personally always liked them in white)... I'll be stunned if it sells for that price.

Two chances - slim and none. :cool:

Very good, just like mine except half the miles and older style interior seats.

Personally I like white or lighter colours on the raddo (obvs). And generally like white on cars. My parents often refer to “recession white” but they’re out of touch :p

These guys do appear to be achieving sales though, I think it’s a tad overpriced though.

HDR studio photos add at least 20%

Every little helps. I am always amazed by the number of private sellers who don’t bother to vacuum the interior. One car I viewed even had a tow rope in the footwell, hardly inspired confidence!

Some collector will buy it stick it in a garage and wait for it to appreciate..

Having been away from Corrados for nearly a decade, I’m actually surprised just how low the prices of Corrado still are. Admittedly I’m not a fan of white, but the point being Corrado are flipping awesome and many people love them. People regularly stop me and tell me how much they used to love Corrado. So how come Fast Fords and Audi of a similar vintage are sky rocketing in price, yet Corrado have barely gone up? The only thing that seems to have gone up is the price of Corrado spare parts, which is fuelling more and more being broken for spares.

Maybe it’s time for the average price of a Corrado to go up bit?

Hilarious price if someone wants to overspend. Half the price maybe, but perhaps there are ill informed suckers out there that think this one is special

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Apart from the ignition lead fiasco which I agree with , I would say this is not a far fetched price . These cars are worth every penny as far as I’m concerned. The amount of ads you see for a nice car with plenty of work done to it ,ie new underside parts , always serviced , bills to prove and back up etc . £3,500 !. So under priced .

Why do we continually suggest that every strongly priced Corrado is over priced, maybe it’s us, the owners that are keeping the price artificially low by doing so? I myself know this all too well as I’ve had my car almost eighteen years now, it cost £14K when I bought it and I’ve spent a fair amount over the years just keeping on top of stuff, I’m currently £2K down on a paint job plus a fortune on all the associated door and window seals etc, waiting for the interior retrim to be finished at £2K+ plus whatever else I’ve spent on bearings, bushes, cables, brake lines, air conditioning components etc etc. But when anyone asks me what it’ll be worth when I’ve finished all this I say five or six thousand.......maybe I should be saying at least ten to twelve thousand, if we all did this, maybe we could talk the value of the few remaining cars up rather than convincing the world they’re worthless???

Edited by tonedef

Personally I am hoping I've got in whilst prices are low. For years I'd admired BMW E30s and to a lesser extent 911s (always non-affordable to me). These cars have rocketed in value: I remember looking at an E30 325 Sport on great condition for around £2k, those cars today are what £12k? No need to talk about how ridiculous aircooled 911s are.

As for the Corrado it has the potential to be a sort after valuable classic - many are being broken for parts leaving an already rare car even rarer. It has some cool features and is great to drive. The only problem it has is no model specific heritage like he 911s, Golf Gtis etc. Give it another 5 years tho I reckon.

Edited by pfnsht

It would be interesting to know if it's the same story in other countries. Are they more appreciated in USA or Holland?

From what I can see we are a fairly low key level headed bunch, not prone to the sort of hyperbole that is associated with other marques or models. We all know what we've got and we appreciate it but maybe we don't tend to go on about it much?

I think they are the forgotten VW, it's only when people actually see them in the flesh they're reminded of them. Then its surprising how well people know them and ask if the spoiler / sunroof still work as they should. Then it's, "If you ever want to sell it my mate's / lad a VW fan" etc etc

The car in question was previously mine and had been in the family since 1999. It has been very well maintained and there was certainly no penny-pinching.

Everything was original and it had spent its life in the dry and garaged so all the plastics etc both inside and out are still factory fresh.

Performance classics have sold several of these for similar money and are obviously confident it’s worth somewhere around what they have it advertised for. Their audience is global.

The originality is what gives these kinds of cars their value.

Honestly, the originality argument is a non point to be honest.

Yes there are a lot of modified Corrado’s out there but there’s also quite a lot of original, unmolested, low number of owner cars out there.. and often with better spec.

The advertised example does seem nice but whatever way you skin it, it’s arguably overpriced.

I guess, as always it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

If someone buys in or around that ball park it can only be a good thing for the rest of us.

I paid strong money for mine back on 2009 but was willing to do so as I knew I was getting a low mileage completely original car.

Yes - as always it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I disagree that originality is a non point - and there may be a lot of unmolested low milage cars out there but it's all relative - there were relatively few of these in the first place so the relative number of those unmolested cars is even smaller.

Anyway - what they get for it now is their problem - hopefully they know what they are doing - judging by their stock etc I think they probably do!

Pricing is a weird one for us owners. I have my original coming back to me in May (hopefully in time for a debut at 'All Types' Bodelwyddan but she is going to be very similar to my current one and I'm finding it difficult to justify having both. Now if I decide to sell then comes the hardest part putting a price on her. As to the website; wow how many cars on the right would I love to have on my drive; even if just for a week