Keyo

Black magic returns home

Yeah mate my leather isn't too bad but I destroyed the old gear shift pattern by glueing it back on after it fell off (glue bled through and bubbled the pattern), so I'm quite happy with the solution I came up with  help off Bryan off here who made the decal. . 

Oh my these are a good option if you like BBS Lm but not the price or the size of them. (16 tops for me)

Japan Racing will make them in 16 and to the exact ET43 and 7j 5x100. JR23 custom  £584.00 for a set and are a tested/approved wheel not cheap crap. 

Swop the centre cap out for a BBS hey presto. 

https://www.driftworks.com/japan-racing-jr23-16x7-et20-45-custom-pcd-hyper-black.html

Japan Racing - JR Wheels JR23 16x7 ET20-45 Custom PCD Hyper Black

Edited by Keyo

I'm gonna try a set of these bad boys once I get through the engine build,  Think the only thing youll need is the spigots as centre bore is larger, normally sent out free with the wheels. 

I think you've found the perfect wheel there with Japan Racing - nice dish, split rim style and customisable offset. 

One day maybe for me, got an expensive year with the respray and I'm hoping to buy a set of black leather seats once the bodywork jobs starts in earnest too so that's 2020 spent on the Corrado.

1 hour ago, pfnsht said:

I think you've found the perfect wheel there with Japan Racing - nice dish, split rim style and customisable offset. 

One day maybe for me, got an expensive year with the respray and I'm hoping to buy a set of black leather seats once the bodywork jobs starts in earnest too so that's 2020 spent on the Corrado.

Yes more money but I cant wait to see a set on my car in 16. 

Interesting spoke to Vice last week about getting my Schrick polished and he advised against it, he said something about the heat- so just getting painted silver at the body shop on his estate. Was thinking stock silver unless anyone else has got any ideas. 

Photos of other folks Schrock would be good for ideas.. 

Silver with black lettering. I think easypops put a recent picture of his polished with black lettering

Screenshot_20200318-213318_Photos.jpg

4 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Silver with black lettering. I think easypops put a recent picture of his polished with black lettering

Screenshot_20200318-213318_Photos.jpg

Think I will go with that Cressa  looks tidy and stock. Mine is DIY polished at the moment and I have had no heat issues but I will go with what Vince says, also polished is a pain to keep clean and less protection. 

I did wonder if painting the lines next to the schrick would be ok.... just a thought!

1 hour ago, Cressa said:

I did wonder if painting the lines next to the schrick would be ok.... just a thought!

I kinda like the way you have yours, sometimes less is more. 

I would.like mine more if it were on the car 🤣. I did lacquer it so that I could wipe it.

Both are nice, for me though easypops’ just about nudges in front. But I’m biased as I have black crinkle in my bay. Thankfully mines been living in the car. Good luck all though things are definitely coming together. 
engine that is as you all probably know I don’t have a schrick 

3258B70F-C4C9-4717-9EBB-D78C4472A752.jpeg

8 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Both are nice, for me though easypops’ just about nudges in front. But I’m biased as I have black crinkle in my bay. Thankfully mines been living in the car. Good luck all though things are definitely coming together. 
engine that is as you all probably know I don’t have a schrick 

3258B70F-C4C9-4717-9EBB-D78C4472A752.jpeg

The stock Mani looks 100 percent better matt black IMO - very nice. 

3 minutes ago, fla said:

These and the LM reps really do look good.

They are mate, think we will all have plenty of time to window shop over Corrado parts over the next coming weeks, there might be some cracking bargains popping up, we will have to to try and refrain from our Corrado addictions ha . 

Edited by Keyo

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

They are mate, think we will all have plenty of time to window shop over Corrado parts over the next coming weeks, there might be some cracking bargains popping up, we will have to to try and refrain from our Corrado addictions ha . 

Aye right 🤣

48 minutes ago, easypops said:

Aye right 🤣

Easy pops is on action alert .

Edited by Keyo

Looking good and nice project as usual!
I sure do like the Japan Racing wheels and the black Schrick that easypops posted gets my vote!
If I may suggest another wheel option, I think you may like the BBS RG-F, model RG383. They're like the LM's but in one piece and 16" ET35
https://bbs-japan.co.jp/en/products/1241/

Cheers and keep up to good work!

41 minutes ago, ABV-VR6 said:

Looking good and nice project as usual!
I sure do like the Japan Racing wheels and the black Schrick that easypops posted gets my vote!
If I may suggest another wheel option, I think you may like the BBS RG-F, model RG383. They're like the LM's but in one piece and 16" ET35
https://bbs-japan.co.jp/en/products/1241/

Cheers and keep up to good work!

That is a good find - its pretty much the same as a RX2. but a circular recess around the stud holes. But to rich for me, 3K from what I can see? 

Edited by Keyo

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

That is a good find - its pretty much the same as a RX2. but a circular recess around the stud holes. But to rich for me, 3K from what I can see? 

Yes they are very expensive new but barely used on Yahoo Japan they are affordable! I've seen a nice set "9/10" a couple of months ago going for $800 Canadian,  520 British Pounds