delfinis38

Interesting auction

They were very slow to sell at the end, so there's a few late ones around - it'll be a late 94 or 95 car I;d say.

15 August 1996

Interesting - that means it probably sat around unsold for nearly a year.

To be fair - once your are talking 20-25 years old, the fact that a car is a year or two younger than another is of little importance unless there is something model specific you are looking for that only became available on a certain date - I'd be much more interested in the first VR6 to be registered in the UK rather than the last! ;)

They were very slow to sell at the end, so there's a few late ones around - it'll be a late 94 or 95 car I;d say.

slow to sell they were at the end - i recall talking to a senior vw salesman at the local dealership who spoke fondly of the car but said they had to

heavily discount the cars at the end even a final storm just to shift unsold stock.. but it would be nice to own a car with that mileage

Does anyone think it will sell?

I'm pretty certain it won't, but we shall see.

Doubt it. But you never know... I was at coys auction preview today at Blenheim palace... had some ropy cars at high prices then you pay 15 percent buyers premium.

I do...hence the interest..

I also own a low mileage,one previous owner VR6, so I will be watching on with interest too. Be great to see it go for decent money, but I think they are being a bit ambitious with their guide price !

It would be nice to say you have the last one registered in the UK, but it doesn't actually mean much as it is exactly the same car.

I also own a low mileage,one previous owner VR6, so I will be watching on with interest too. Be great to see it go for decent money, but I think they are being a bit ambitious with their guide price !

It would be nice to say you have the last one registered in the UK, but it doesn't actually mean much as it is exactly the same car.

It would be nice if it did sell at that price as it would help inflate the Corrados value. The auctions are used to compile price data by the classic magazines for their buyers guide.

I totally agree, being the last registered does not warrant such a high price tag. It has some unique value to it, but not enough to warrant double the usual asking price for a mint example. If it had been owned by a well known celebrity then perhaps it could make that money.

Wasn't Chris Gaskels old car up for £25K 2 - 3 years ago?

To be fair I think it says it has a recent receipt for 5k , so with the low mileage it is worthy at a least 15k in my opinion. However if I had 20k to splash out I would probably go for a 996 that had a lot of work completed , i.e Hartech engine rebuild and new suspension.

Or could even buy a very clean MK2 GTI and sorted Rado for 15K.

Or how's about a Lotus Esprit.

Edited by Keyo

15K sounds like a good price, I’d say that’s reasonable. I’ve long said we talk the price of our cars down for reasons I struggle to understand. They’re no more unreliable than similar cars of a similar vintage, they’re more rare than most, you’re more likely to see a 1988 to 1995 Ferrari on an average drive than another Corrado! There shouldn’t be a Corrado on the market in reasonable condition for less than 6 or 7K these days. Yes the Golf is always going to be more desirable as the GTI does have a certain draw due to being the original hot hatch but the Corrado is after all a Golf in a better dress!

Mini rant over.......

I don't think it'll go much past 10k. Whilst we all want our cars to be worth more, we were saying the same thing 5 years ago when they were rock bottom. Prices have increased, but whilst I've seen a few advertised up to 20k, I don't think any have sold for anywhere near that. Kip even had his multi concourse winner for sale around the 12k mark. Add in the buyers premium, 12k tops for that car for me. It may even be bought by a dealer, in which case we'll see it on eBay shortly for twice as much, before being dropped down 6 months later and the dealer eventually cutting his losses and moving it on for close to what they bought it for.

I sold my R129 sl500 for 14k with 130k on the clock, other examples with the same mileage were on the market for 5-6k . There are buyers out there that want to enjoy the car and not have the hassle of renovating , also it is normally cheaper to buy a car that has been renovated rather then doing it yourself .

If you have a hpi free car with receipts, well documented and history to justify your price it will sell for strong money , I wouldn’t let mine go for less then 10k to be honest. I would rather keep it as that’s what a well sorted one will cost you to renovate the car and purchase, even more to be fair more like 12k to get one mint.

Edited by Keyo