Jump to content
Sprinter53i

MfG Chris - Reproductions from Germany

Recommended Posts

Dear friends of the Corrado.

After the last update in the forum my old account is unfortunately not longer usable. Therefore I would like to use this thread to introduce myself and my work and to talk about a new project at the end.

Some of you already know me and my work.
My name is Chris, I am from Germany and I am engaged in the reproduction of Corrado parts or the procurement of alternatives for some years.

I will write the thread in stages. Please answer only when the thread is finished, so that it remains clear.

 

 

I started 6-7 years ago with the insulation mats for the bonnets.
OEM material and cut. VR6 and G60 version.

spacer.png

spacer.png

 

After that I produced the first badges because most of them are worn out or missing completely.

The main thing was of course that the parts look exactly like OEM.

 

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was followed step by step by larger plastic parts. Unfortunately of course primarily LHD parts.

For example:

Number plate holder in European or American design 535813990 535813989.

Frame for additional displays for early types 535 858 203.

Air intakes as replacement for defective fog lights.

Door sill plates 535 853 813 A.

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

 

spacer.png

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

 

spacer.png

Edited by Sprinter53i
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is now £ 15.00 membership a year to join and post on threads. You can only post a couple of times if not a member- membership is  to support the survival of the the Forum. 

t700bes is the username of the owner of the site if you have any questions about membership- it would be good to have you on board. 

Thank You 

Edited by Keyo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In between I also experimented with 3D printing.
Especially for smaller parts 3D printing should be optimal.
Unfortunately I had to realize that the quality is not good enough in my opinion.
Therefore I stopped the production of some parts.

Especially the clips of the speedometer are complicated to make. There are 3-4 different versions of these clips. It is almost impossible to make a universal version that fits all frames.

(535858508 & 535858507)

spacer.png

 

(535 827 769)

spacer.png

Most materials used for 3D printing are simply too hard and brittle. Maybe it would be possible to assemble them once, but they would break at the latest when disassembling them.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile I am more interested in headlights, fog lights and turn signals. That gives more pleasure than plastic.

This also resulted in cooperation with other well-known manufacturers such as Spoonfed and VX.

From a technical point of view, almost anything is possible when renewing headlamps.
However, until now I still depend on used OEM parts for the most part.

If you want more information about this: http://www.vwcorrado-forum.de/mbb/showthread.php?tid=46425

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

However, I think that the pictures show that I try to offer the best possible quality. And this brings us to the primary point of the thread.

Many Corrado drivers are looking for centre console for the dashboard.
We have already found a good solution for the LHD Corrados.  (535 863 241 E)

 

spacer.png

Many british Corrado drivers have asked if it is possible to produce this centre console for RHD Corrados as well.

The part number for RHD should be 536 863 241 E. Correct?

The basic question with such a complex part is of course how much demand there is. So I would like to ask you to estimate how many parts are needed at all.

 

Greetings
Chris

 

 

 

 

Edited by Sprinter53i
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow Chris. This thread delivers indeed. So much want - how do you sell your products - have you got an online shop?.

It's great to have you as part of the community. Another outlet for you would be the Corrado Club facebook page as sadly there is more footfall. I hate to direct you there away from the forum as in my opinion this forum is better than facebook at being a forum but please stick around here too as there are some members that don't have facebook.

There are certainly for few bits I'd be interested in - fogs, corrado kick trims and headlight glass. It's great you're helping keep the cars on the road as these obsolote parts could be make or break for a car that's had a light crash on the front.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pics show on my iPhone but not on my laptop (spacer.npg displayed)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you need to give an idea of price. 
If for instance they are £500.00, I don’t think the demand will be very high. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2020 at 8:30 PM, MJA said:

Wow Chris. This thread delivers indeed. So much want - how do you sell your products - have you got an online shop?.

It's great to have you as part of the community. Another outlet for you would be the Corrado Club facebook page as sadly there is more footfall. I hate to direct you there away from the forum as in my opinion this forum is better than facebook at being a forum but please stick around here too as there are some members that don't have facebook.

There are certainly for few bits I'd be interested in - fogs, corrado kick trims and headlight glass. It's great you're helping keep the cars on the road as these obsolote parts could be make or break for a car that's had a light crash on the front.

 

Thanks for your nice words.

I don't have an online shop, I only offer my things on ebay, ebay classifieds and some forums.
Personally, I don't like Facebook. It's not about selling as many parts as possible, it's just a hobby for me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2020 at 8:11 AM, 1xshaunx1 said:

I think you need to give an idea of price. 
If for instance they are £500.00, I don’t think the demand will be very high. 
 

It's hard to estimate a price.

The price depends on the need. And the need depends on the price.

As a Corrado driver myself, I would pay 250-280 for good quality.
Maybe we could take this number as realistic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2020 at 7:11 AM, 1xshaunx1 said:

I think you need to give an idea of price. 
If for instance they are £500.00, I don’t think the demand will be very high. 
 

no disrespect to the poster but as has been discussed previously the prices for fog lenses & headlights for example are astronomical!!! eg £300 for one side late fog light

they need to be much more realistic & not take the preverbial out of corrado owners

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Chris - what is your price for late fog light lenses? And do you use VX glass or do you manufacture your own? mfg.

As a comment to the above, you would probably get plenty of interest on the forum, possibly some group buys, but need transparency on pricing and quality - some of these items can be large investments.

Interested to hear more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

no disrespect to the poster but as has been discussed previously the prices for fog lenses & headlights for example are astronomical!!! eg £300 for one side late fog light

they need to be much more realistic & not take the preverbial out of corrado owners

You will do business if you can get them cheaper then these. 

https://www.vxtuning.com/product-category/vehicle-specific/corrado/

https://www.corradofarmparts.com/apps/webstore/?fbclid=IwAR35V8kP5_c0CEYJWOcZq_m_QikndU8g8XwYTfmMqPTe3CNuEXavyWEKzo0

175 dollars x2 fog lenses (£132.00)

150 dollars x2 indicator lenses.  (£113.00 )

https://dreadnoughtcustoms.co.uk/products/vw-corrado-bonnet-lining-2

Dreadnought Insulation bonnet £46.00 

https://www.gryp-3d.com/fr/volkswagen-corrado/312-logo-de-calandre-vr6.html

Front decal 40 euro 

 

Sell cheaper sell more make more money = happy Corrado owners. 

 

Edited by Keyo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've bought a few things from Chris over the last couple of years, and can confirm his reproduction parts are of great quality, yes they can be expensive for some things, but as Chris has mentioned most or all of his items are made from molds and not 3D printed. I do agree that 3D printing is no good for certain items, but it can be good though for others, I presume it comes down to the quality of the printer or software plus materials ?

Unfortunately if you say the word Corrado the price goes up twice or three times the amount, as mentioned by others regarding secondhand parts on Ebay.

New headlights were roughly £160 each from VW main dealership, but VW Classic Parts/Heritage was £180 for N/S/F headlight and £235 for O/S/F headlight. lens were something like £50 per side from main dealership, but from Classic Parts/Heritage lens were £57 to £65.  Front fog light units later type were between £150 & £180 per each side. VW Classic Parts/Heritage only had the N/S/F available at roughly £250

I've seen a brand new set of headlights going for £1000 on Ebay, and new set of later type fog lights going for £800, and secondhand between £200 to £300 just for one fog light with cracked or missing glass lens 😱

I feel lucky to of found some later type fog light units for £60 to £70 about 3+ years ago, and a complete set with indicators in A1 condition for £199 about 2+ years ago. Plus purchased a new set of indicators for £50 per side, from Heritage when they had some reproduced about 4 or 5 years ago, which are now obsolete sadly.

The biggest issue us Corrado owners have is a massive lack of parts, and prices being well above the Golf/Passat parts, VW Classic Parts are producing new replacement items, but this can be hit and miss as they're either only available for the left side. VW Heritage have helped in the past but due to the numbers of Corrado's being much lower compared to Golfs, the powers at be at Heritage are not willing to spend too much time & resources on low demand expensive items, like I say they have helped in the past with the headlight protectors. But for them to reproduce the headlight units or Len's it'll never happen as they're specially made items, and the demand is much lower compared to the other VW model range.

Si 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Keyo said:

You will do business if you can get them cheaper then these. 

https://www.vxtuning.com/product-category/vehicle-specific/corrado/

https://www.corradofarmparts.com/apps/webstore/?fbclid=IwAR35V8kP5_c0CEYJWOcZq_m_QikndU8g8XwYTfmMqPTe3CNuEXavyWEKzo0

175 dollars x2 fog lenses (£132.00)

150 dollars x2 indicator lenses.  (£113.00 )

https://dreadnoughtcustoms.co.uk/products/vw-corrado-bonnet-lining-2

Dreadnought Insulation bonnet £46.00 

https://www.gryp-3d.com/fr/volkswagen-corrado/312-logo-de-calandre-vr6.html

Front decal 40 euro 

 

Sell cheaper sell more make more money = happy Corrado owners. 

 

good post keyo & those prices are much more realistic 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Sprinter53i said:

It's hard to estimate a price.

The price depends on the need. And the need depends on the price.

As a Corrado driver myself, I would pay 250-280 for good quality.
Maybe we could take this number as realistic?

Chris if your pricing is close as possible to the original OEM retail price/s, I understand yours will be slightly higher due to the work involved, but as long as it's not priced miles away so to speak.

Many thanks

Si 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How much would fog light lenses be? The links above are on sale $100 dollars plus $30 post and I am thinking about buying some. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MJA said:

How much would fog light lenses be? The links above are on sale $100 dollars plus $30 post and I am thinking about buying some. 

 

Oh my is it worth buying some fogs and inculcator lenses whilst these are for sale. Yeeks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Keyo said:

Oh my is it worth buying some fogs and inculcator lenses whilst these are for sale. Yeeks 

they are plastic - be aware

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that's what I am thinking too. Quite a saving! I have a cracked fog on the 16v (still toying with keeping it .... the wife likes that one better than the white one and it would get used as an everyday car).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, g0ldf1ng3r said:

they are plastic - be aware

Oh yes you need the VXT ones that are glass my mate has some they are very good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah they are plastic. Fine by me though as never use my fogs and they're a fair bit cheaper.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 REVIEW FOR CORRADO VR6 “LATE STYLE” REPLACEMENT FOG LIGHT LENSES

  1. 5e2be28b7d71cb8e8a189acbc68b58a2?s=60&d=
    Rated 5 out of 5

    Oneaudivw (verified owner)  

    The fit and finish of these replacement lenses are perfect! I personally think they are BETTER than OEM navies they do not have all the large “Hella” logo. Instead a small simple “VXT”. Buying a second backup set today!

    Thanks VXTuning for making parts to support the Corrado community!

    -Steven Campbell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...