PhatVR6

PhatVR6's 4wd 24v Corrado (new brakes)

247471507.jpg

It almost looks like a tubular chassis in that photo! bet you cant wait to get it on a track and find out how it handles with all that added stiffness

New brakes trial fitted.

Testing them out on the Mk4 tomorrow at Croft Circuit.

248817450.jpg

248817449.jpg

248817446.jpg

355x28 Alcon 4 pots with floating rotors. truly amazed that they fit under 17"s!

You're a lunatic Paul and it's great :lol:

It's nice to see someone doing things properly rather than idiots with their chrome-plated 'show cage' that's held in with 4 self tappers :roll:

Your C's gonna be even more of a beast when it's done than it was before you started 8)

It's nice to see someone doing things properly rather than idiots with their chrome-plated 'show cage' that's held in with 4 self tappers :roll:

What you trying to say Dom???? :x

Jesus fella, those brakes re-define 'mahoosive'!!!

Very nice indeed!

New brakes trial fitted.

248817450.jpg

355x28 Alcon 4 pots with floating rotors. truly amazed that they fit under 17"s!

What you trying to say Dom???? :x

Metals that will take chrome plating are not the right grade for a roll cage, so are likely to break in the event that you get into a situation when you need a roll cage.

Not only that, but if the cage isn't welded into the chassis, then it will also come loose in the above situation and more than likely skewer or bash whoever happens to be inside the car at the time.

On top of that, having big tubes or metalwork right by your head that's not foam wrapped, or you're not wearing a crash helmet is pretty dangerous too. All it would take is someone to drive into you and you crack your head against the roll cage and seriously injur yourself or at least knock yourself out.

I guess you could argue that you don't intend on crashing, but then why bother having the cage anyway?

But yeah, they look cool :)

Anyway, it's OT in here - start a thread if you want to see people's views on it tho.

you're a brave man to have pulled apart what was already, by most peoples standards, a damn fine and pretty unique corrado. I'm looking forwards to seeing how this turns out, always impressive seeing what you're up to paul ;)

Now thats not fair is it.

He likes pulling it apart all the time its what he does best, make it good, drive for a week then pull it apart and make it better etc.

Good work been thinking of doing this myself just wasnt sure if i could get the a pillar bars behind the dash and into the speaker grills, but as shown it can be done.

Any ideas how much it can be done for now they have the template?

Would you take my roof out for a few beers lol.

I found the Alcon 4 pots I had on my Racing Puma were awesome, they were crap when cold though and squealed like hell, Ford recommended that they were rebuilt every 12 months - not cheap at £300 a go

Good work been thinking of doing this myself just wasnt sure if i could get the a pillar bars behind the dash and into the speaker grills, but as shown it can be done.

Any ideas how much it can be done for now they have the template?

Would you take my roof out for a few beers lol.

Would probably be the same price, but it wouldn't take them as long.

Jesus Phat, that's truely awe inspiring stuff there... I was playing with the idea of a cage in my G60 at some point, but after seeing that, I'd never be happy with anything less than that... :notworthy:

And those brakes... they're gonna stop the car pretty sharply (as long as you use decent fluid... ;) ) Can't wait to see this in the flesh once more... 8)

the brakes are on my mk4 at the mo. so good I crashed it! I boiled the brake fluid, it just couldn't handle it.

haven't touched the corrado since it came back. need to get the bike finished and out of the garage shaprish (TT in 3 weeks time!!!)

once I'm back the work will contivue (slowly) with the corrado.

Jesus fella, those brakes re-define 'mahoosive'!!!

Very nice indeed!

New brakes trial fitted.

248817450.jpg

Love the wheels!! Look like 9x17's and I'm sure I've read somewhere in past they are.

How are you getting around running negative camber as it's hard to run anything lower than +1 with coilovers

I suspect if we said "you're welcome to come back" he'd tell us where to get off anyway seeing as we banned him!

But his VR was very impressive at Inters... doing some excellent times. Would love to know what he'd done to it.

I suspect if we said "you're welcome to come back" he'd tell us where to get off anyway seeing as we banned him!

But his VR was very impressive at Inters... doing some excellent times. Would love to know what he'd done to it.

come on this has come up before tell us why he was banned !!