Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

started to build my car-puter... installed software onto the broken screen'd laptop and ordered my 7" touchscreen TFT... Should be an interesting project anyway... 8)

today I have mostly been collecting wildlife in my front spolier

Bought a VAGCOM

Killed 27 Spiders living on my car and convering it in webs overnight.

Tried to burn as much fuel as poss on the way to work and back.

Had a full valet, will put pics on my members thread.

Filled up with Optimax, checked levels..

All ready for the Trip to see Evo.

full wash and polish yesterday, (including all the glass and under the spoiler), hoovered the insides... all looked tip-top.

got up this morning... it's been raining a blinder all night, now mud splashed all down the offside by the passing commuter traffic! :|

Took dash apart, swore, moved boost & oil temp gauges to centre cubbyhole, swore a bit more, fixed front fogs (a deliberately cut wire on loom coming off switch wtf??! re-connected and lo&behold...) repaired butchered ISO connectors (with extra swearing) and fitted my nakamichi. Swore again when I discovered it's losing all settings when the ignition is off. Continued swearing due to discovery that neither door speaker seems to be working.

Got mine out for the first time in 3 weeks - and one of the hoses in the engine bay is p*ssing petrol :(

Edit: Fixed!!! :)

Edit for M15VW's amusement: Note to self - never yank off a fuel hose because you get covered in fuel :oops: :lol:

I know it's a golf...but:

Fitted new arial (although it's not connected yet...mutter mutter)

Fitted new nearside wishbone (having to shear out one of the ball joint bolts and Dremmel out the other two)

Fitted new header tank, as the old one was full of clart.

-Removed the FK smoked/red rear lights and fitted my tinted red lights (much better IMO)

-Fitted stainless door sills from germany.

-fitted my black corrado and vr6 rear badges

-painted the inside of the head lights

-fitted a new cam position sensor and cleared fault code with vagcom

-gave her a good clean cut and wax.

Spent another afternoon underneath cleaning stooopid things.

Amoungst others the heat shield round the cat is now sparkling!!!

fitted few goodies i got from trimsport at the pod, finished of my expansion tank deletion mod. relocated my isv polished my polished bits and stood back and went ah that looks better.

...washed the offside front corner with me tears after finding some mook has decided to jump on my bonnet last night :cry:

Spent another afternoon underneath cleaning stooopid things.

Amoungst others the heat shield round the cat is now sparkling!!!

I worry that this show and shine stuff has affected you beyond repair Judith.. think there must be some addictive fumes in the car polish you use!

Today: Made a panel to mount my boost and oil temp gauges in the centre cubbyhole (I'll post a gallery thread when i get round to taking some piccies), and was well pleased with result. Then took passenger side dash apart, with lots of swearing, so I could remove my radio, swop the switched&permanent lives round and put it back, whilst being able to pull the cables out of the way of the stereo. Why is the glovebox so hard to remove!!!??? :mad:

Next job is replace all the dead bulbs in the glovebox, ciggy lighter and heater controls!!

Drove mine to ensure there's some charge in the battery for Wednesday night... I may even wash it tomorrow :D

Yesterday:

Drove to Santa pod - Washed car - Took car down drag strip and realised it really was running like a sack of $#!t (although still managed 6.86 0-60mph and 15.8 1/4mile@87mph) so sat around for a bit then drove home stopping off to take a load of photos of her in nice places... 8)

All in all a nice day out in my G60... 8)

LOL, nawwww. But I am much more aware of the condition of certain areas that have been neglected while I was under the impression that a dealer was advising me of any issues.

It's amazing what work I have found to be done when things have been cleaned off fully.

I can now say I know the condition of my brake pipes as opposed to taking someone elses word for it!!

Sorry - off topic a bit. :oops:

today I have been mostly jump starting mine with my old mans F*rd Focus :oops:

Following hte plug change it was time for the yearly Oil+filter & air filter change. Only to find vag had ordered the wrong air filter for mine, as the 9A engine code uses a thinner filter.

fitted a rsr outlet(sure it feels quicker now?,sounds quality though) and also fixed the small fuel leak i had in the engine bay!!!

Replaced the standard colour coded Corrado script with a nice shiny chrome one 8)

Oh yeh, took it to the local bodyshop after someone reversed into me in the school car park. Bit scuffed- not too bad- £100. My colleague was more upset than I was, bless her. Came into my classroom before school in floods of tears saying she felt bad because she knows how much I love my car.

Continued fitting JBL components, took opportunity to strip out all old alarm wiring (except the "alarmed" LED for now!) in preparation for getting someone to fit one that works. Took fusebox&relays out in attempt to tidy up wiring behind (f*ckin' waste of time). Need a car sticker that says "built by Germans; rewired by monkeys"!! :mad:

changed the window regulator which I have been putting off but with the hot weather it was unbearable. It wasn't too bad actually except my drill bit was pretty blunt. I used 4.8mm x 16mm rivets. Might change the drivers side one now to cure the dreaded rattle when it is open.