Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Fitted new fuel filter,an easy job made difficult by VW`s stupid wee hose clamps.

Whats the point in these clamps and how the hell do you get them off easily????

Replaced by ubiquitous jubilee clips.:thumbleft:

Well after reading Jim`s how to guide in The Sprinter,I decided to change my aux drive belt!!!

Another relatively easy job completed in about half an hour!!!!

Surprising to note that the replacement belt I got from Euro Car Parts was made by Continental and cost £18.

The old belt I took off was a VW belt but had Continental manufacturing details on it.

Exactly the same but one with the Vw lettering on it one without,priced accordingly by VW :bonk:

spent saturday finishing off swapping the brakes between the 2 cars

fitting a new flexi & front solid pipe

Bled both cars brakes, ran then both upto temp and a quick spin round the block

Red one is off for mot within next couple of weeks

Bought my C last week with a non-working original Scorpion alarm/central locking. Was expecting a load of hassle with wiring, but £2 for a new keyfob battery from Maplin on the way home tonight and I got it all working perfectly by reprogramming the keyfob to the alarm. A good evenings work :)

Jay

1: Placed my uprated headlight loom in a water tight box.

2: Fitted a new polished battery cover.

3: Replaced old spec headlight switch with new spec one.

4: Moved immobilizer key and light to a hidden location.

5: Replaced blanking plate immobilizer key was in with old spec 'Unleaded only' blanking plate.

Tomorrow I change charger pulley back to 68mm after pulley got changed to standard by stealers during service.

Saturday (hopefully) fit new front crossmember and cosworth slimline FMIC and pipework and remove standard cooler

1: Placed my uprated headlight loom in a water tight box.

Where did you get the box from mate? I need fit mine at some point!

My mirror switch had one faulty led so I had bought a set of handles with a switch included from eBay. But despite the LEDs in the switch being much brighter it didn't move the mirrors. So I stripped the switch back down, cleaned it all up inside and then fitted it. It works perfectly now. I also really cleaned up the handle and it looks great. Ironically though my old switch has fixed itself and all the LEDs now work on it, albeit they aren't as bright as the one I've refurbished and fitted.

So I have a spare if someone needs one.

Today I've replaced the foliage gasket and started stripping the old cloth tape off my wiring etc..

Unfortunately someone had siliconed the trim and it broke as I was taking it off!! So need a new piece!

Today I fished the (seized rock solid, couldn't get the key in) cylinder from my boot lock out of the jar of WD40 it's been sat in for the last week. Lots of messing about with tweezers removing, cleaning, lubing and replacing the wafers and their teeny tiny springs and now I have a working boot lock again :D Took bloody ages to work out how it all went back together, there's a tiny ball-bearing on a spring which provides the detent in the three key positions which had pinged off across the room and took a lot of head-scratching...

removed the rear number plate light cover and repainted it, touched up the little bit of rust under the light housing with kurust and repainted it , then replaced the cover. Looked in despair and the two idiotic sized spaekers that were fitted into the butchered parcel shelf by the previous owner and thought, WHY !!!!

Andy

Well I’ve done lots of fixes in the 2 years I’ve had my c but today and yesterday i re-upholstered my head-lining including the sun roof and sun roof motor cover, I stuck some vinyl fake leather on instead, looks brilliant picks to follow. Why vinyl I here you say, well after some research i found out that leather that is stuck to head-lining board tends to shrink and look sh!te so erm no not risking that at a cost of £200 in materials. Also today I changed my fuel filter, a bit messy (got my left arm covered in petrol lol) but given that it may have been the original filter having done 85k i thought it might be worth it, and boy was it wow, It starts in 1/4 of the time and when you put your foot down its no longer has a delay instead it is like someone just drop kicked you in the back of the head! PEEPS IF YOU HAVENT CHANGED YOUR FUEL FILTER AT THE COST OF A £10 GO FOR IT!

replaced my rusted cross member (both bits of it)

the old one snapped in two bits as i removed it.

replaced the banjo washers on the charger as it was weeping oil.

whilst removing the bolt it snapped, managed to get the other half out of the charger... went to my grandads workshop and machined a new bolt to replace it, was probably the reason why the charger was weeping and glad i caught it when i did.

realised the intercooler i was planning on fitting wont be the easiest job in the world so am looking for another one that is a bit smaller to do the same job

Stripped out my leather,washed it,then treated it !

seats,four doorcards,A,B,C & C-C trim,rear speaker shelfs,and the complete centre tunnel !

My shed smells all leathery now !! lol

fixed my dodgy idle.. yeay!!!

next is the whiny belts and a mini service I think

Today i have treated her to

a full tank of V-power

an oil change + Vw Filter

new distributor cap + Rotor arm

new Bosche G40 Plugs

cleaned and re oiled the K&N pannel

flushed the power steering fluid then new vw steering fluid in

fitted some new smoked ride repeaters

a good old scrub in the engine bay and cleaned up the exhaust system with autosol metal polish

hoovered and cleaned inside

cleaned up the bodywork and give her a nice layer of blue velvet dodo juice wax

if you can beleive it the G60 has been behaving itself of late so she deserved a bit of attention