Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Robrado974 helped me to clear out the crud and crap under the battery and washer bottle. Also wrapped the wires where the old VW tape had started to come off. Cleaned the engine bay and re-routed some wires. Looks a lot better now. Cheers Rob.

Caught me a couple of half hours yesterday and today and...

Yesterday removed the speed sensor off the gearbox and refitted it. Have had erratic speedo readings. Sensor wasn't loose, but could have been tighter. seems to be coming loose, then speedo goes mad. Then today the speedo was dead. Removed and refitted connector and all was well again.

Today, put VAG-COM on since the engine had warmed up and I wanted to see whether temp gauge matches VAG-COM temp. Discovered that the gauge reads up to 5C low, but on normal running the engine is about 68 to 69C. Fans come on at 93, gauge showing 90C. Think engine should run be running at a bit over 80, so possible the thermostat is too low temp setting or stuck open.

What is changing the thermostat like on a VR6? doesn't look very accessible

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Oh and notice the right rear ABS sensor not working...ho hum

Sprayed a bucket load of silicone lubricant between the steering wheen and the column. I'll get rid of that darned rubbing noise if it kills me.

I changed a fog light and the other day i change the front track rod ends and the front anti roll bar bushes.

New uprated head light loom in and what a difference it's made! - Had to adapt it to make it work (bought off ebay). Turns out my old man and I can build a better plug and play one ourselves!

Def worth doing this.

Ten Ton

Replaced the rear hatch gas struts with new ones. Finally no creaking when opening or closing the boot. Very easy process. I took some pictures as I went so I will post those up when I get a chance.

Also changed the side indicator repeaters from dark ones back to OEM ambers. I swapped as I suspect the darkened ones may be an MOT failure under the new rules. But I think I prefer them amber anyway. It adds a bit of colour to an otherwise very grey car.

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

Replaced the rear hatch gas struts with new ones. Finally no creaking when opening or closing the boot. Very easy process. I took some pictures as I went so I will post those up when I get a chance.

Also changed the side indicator repeaters from dark ones back to OEM ambers. I swapped as I suspect the darkened ones may be an MOT failure under the new rules. But I think I prefer them amber anyway. It adds a bit of colour to an otherwise very grey car.

now the snow has stopped......i need to get a lot done..but will see how far i get..

jobs on the vectra...fix the total closure mod, fix the broken door handle light, change two bulbs behind the dash and change a rear bulb...

jobs on the C...remove all 4 colipers and clean them up ready for painting, remove the inlet and rocker cover and get them ready for painting, change the power steering tank, remove door cards ..replace the ignition lock and re tumble the locks

kettles on, almost ready lol

Edited by cptkirk

Replaced the 17" rubber bands with BMW BBS 15"s with Parada Spec 2 tyres, definately feels less choppy on the road. Speedo reads about 3mph too fast now though.

da196882.jpg

today after school im going to try to rewire and splice my hid cables and halo wires. lights look awesome but i cant wait to get the halos hooked up. also ive gotta figure out wether or not i need a new tranny. i adjusted the shift lever so hopefully that was all i needed to do to make it go into gear.

hey does anyone know a good place to find a short shifter. i found some on andysautosport.com but one is areound $400 and the other is just a part of the shift linkage for $80. if you know anything about either it would be much appricieated . thanks, and wish me luck.

Productive night! Replace temp gauge in cluster, refitted in car. Replaced front drivers abs sensor, wrapped more loom... Seems like a job that never ends this one ;-)

Destroyed my v-belt tensioner. Quite hairy getting home without PAS, water pump and alternator! :lol:

got soum pirelli p zero nero 195 45 16 v fitted to my concept p wheels so got them fitted[ATTACH=CONFIG]51965[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51969[/ATTACH]

today after school im going to try to rewire and splice my hid cables and halo wires. lights look awesome but i cant wait to get the halos hooked up. also ive gotta figure out wether or not i need a new tranny. i adjusted the shift lever so hopefully that was all i needed to do to make it go into gear.

hey does anyone know a good place to find a short shifter. i found some on andysautosport.com but one is areound $400 and the other is just a part of the shift linkage for $80. if you know anything about either it would be much appricieated . thanks, and wish me luck.

Try Purple Tom's Diesel thread for how to make the gear lever throw shorter - I presume that's what you mean by a short shifter.

Decided to give up on the battery today which has let me down twice. Took it into work which confirmed my suspicions ( gubbed). Replaced it with a YUASA 065 Professional 12V 54Ah.

Turned the key.......and happy days!:dance:

Got the alarm sorted after i accidently removed four wires while taking out the seat loom . Put the interior back in as well ,dont like having a car thats not compleat .

If you want a short shrow shifter, you can make it up yourself. Take a look a the Canadian Corrado Club - CCC.

Cheers,

Redfox.

I've made shortshifters in the past and am working on another batch.

Oh thats way you wanted the mechanism then Dave

Thats very interesting ;) I'll keep my eyes open

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

got soum pirelli p zero nero 195 45 16 v fitted to my concept p wheels so got them fitted[ATTACH=CONFIG]51965[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51969[/ATTACH]

Liking them wheels chief very nice

Got the alarm sorted after i accidently removed four wires while taking out the seat loom . Put the interior back in as well ,dont like having a car thats not compleat .

ive got half of my corrado in the living room lol...im hoping to have it on the road in spring

Fitted a new tensioner and drive belt (followed Jim's guide in the last Sprinter- thanks matey!). Nice to have an easy Corrado job for a change!

Changed stat, flushed coolant, changed aux water pump. I always forget what an involving job changing a stat is! took ages, but all OK now with no leaks 8)

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

[/color]

thanks mate i got them in december so its abuot time i got them fitted

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

[/color]

thanks mate i got them in december so its abuot time i got them fitted

ive got a s/s exhaust system to fit today, hope thats a easy job then ive gotta fit the new alloys that ive painted, just waiting for the panit to hardern a little more because ive gotta get rubber fitted yet.

IMAG_0235.jpg

IMAG_0237.jpg

alloys before

IMAG_0241.jpg

IMAG_0245.jpg

IMAG_0247.jpg

alloys after

IMAG_0250.jpg

IMAG_0242.jpg

IMAG_0243.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

ive got a s/s exhaust system to fit today, hope thats a easy job then ive gotta fit the new alloys that ive painted, just waiting for the panit to hardern a little more because ive gotta get rubber fitted yet.

IMAG_0235.jpg

IMAG_0237.jpg

alloys before

IMAG_0241.jpg

IMAG_0245.jpg

IMAG_0247.jpg

alloys after

IMAG_0250.jpg

IMAG_0242.jpg

IMAG_0243.jpg