Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Yesterday I fitted clutch and gearbox to engine and fitted into bay. Today I loosely fitted exhaust to free up space in garage. Can now spend the winter getting it running in time for show season a8e7c6930f281b79972e151108993a7f.jpg5a32e8184de78777b8653edd58b10661.jpg54bcbbade8b8e1f687acf30e09eb3abf.jpge3e123500e956c4d4eaed45ec5582f9d.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Good grief, that engine bay is clean enough to lick!

I replaced the two oil pressure sensors on the oil filter housing. The high pressure one sprung a leak last week so I though it was best to do both. Thanks to Heritage for the quick delivery.

I'm still chasing an eternal oil weep (not a seep or a leak, just a weep) which I think is coming from the sump gasket. Luckily it's so minor I tend not to get too phased by it but I would like to get it gone one day.

Yesterday I fitted clutch and gearbox to engine and fitted into bay. Today I loosely fitted exhaust to free up space in garage. Can now spend the winter getting it running in time for show season a8e7c6930f281b79972e151108993a7f.jpg5a32e8184de78777b8653edd58b10661.jpg54bcbbade8b8e1f687acf30e09eb3abf.jpge3e123500e956c4d4eaed45ec5582f9d.jpg

Absolutely lovely, that looks fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a spare set of Speedlines from Culshaw a while ago and have now got them back from the refurb man. I think they look great and I'm pretty chuffed tbh.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]89180[/ATTACH]

Got myself a snow foam Lance to play with. Not sure if it actually does much but was kinda fun using!c94d9999ae18adeb5b92d3e58f9b6d87.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

I bought a spare set of Speedlines from Culshaw a while ago and have now got them back from the refurb man. I think they look great and I'm pretty chuffed tbh.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]89180[/ATTACH]

They were very smart wheels. Wish they lasted longer before before needing refurb again. (But then I guess I should wash them more often... ;) )

A Corrado is for life, not just for the MOT.

Delivered my seats and door cards to MJ Interiors for new leather. Getting closer to finishing!

Delivered my seats and door cards to MJ Interiors for new leather. Getting closer to finishing!
Just out of interest how much is that costing you? :-)

Just out of interest how much is that costing you? :-)

£2200. It's a lump of money but I've had the car since September 2000 and it's not going anywhere so I think the investment is worth it!

£2200. It's a lump of money but I've had the car since September 2000 and it's not going anywhere so I think the investment is worth it!
Totally agree with you. To be honest it's not that much when you break it down into the individual components. I'll look forward to seeing the finished seats :-)

Thread resurrection. We don't seem to be doing much lately. Are we losing out to Facebook !!

Anyway I've drove my stripped car out off the garage until it ran warm, then put it back again until next week....

It's in bits waiting to be painted, whilst my paintshop keep fobbing me off for months. Oh well.

Let's all do something with our Corrado's

Cressa

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Well, I'm contemplating removing the headlights and sending the reflectors away to be replated. But there are a long list of other priorities to deal with first unfortunately...

A Corrado is for life, not just for the MOT.

Thread resurrection. We don't seem to be doing much lately. Are we losing out to Facebook !!

Anyway I've drove my stripped car out off the garage until it ran warm, then put it back again until next week....

It's in bits waiting to be painted, whilst my paintshop keep fobbing me off for months. Oh well.

Let's all do something with our Corrado's

Cressa

I think a lot of people, put the stuff they have done to the car in their gallery tbh . FB is playing a big part now though.

I think a lot of people, put the stuff they have done to the car in their gallery tbh . FB is playing a big part now though.

Rob's 100% correct. Those that still use the forum regularly will update build threads but the majority of people now seem to use FB. Bit sad about it really as the forum has always been one of the highlights of Corrado ownership for me.

The FB group is good, and essential really, but it's not as good as a full thread

this place is always my first port of call & i find the help on here is essential

i am bad for forgetting to put regular updates on my build thread but am often on here most days & try to give back to the community by answering questions others may have & sharing built up knowledge

though i do chip in on things on FB i dont really like putting too much info & pics on there as a just in case

at least on here you know the majority of those reading your build stuff are fellow owners or enthusiasts & as such less likely to track your lovely motor down for themselves

I'm not on facebook - dont even know how to use it tbh...perhaps i'm just an old fogey...

I do like this place though

Oooo errr....... MOT next week.......... arrrgggghhhh!!!!
She'll pass I'm sure. Mine failed last year on not having the drivers door mirror on. Not bad considering the whole door wasn't on either !!

I'm not on facebook - dont even know how to use it tbh...perhaps i'm just an old fogey...

I do like this place

I thought you were younger than me Hasan ?, I’m an old fogey

I don't use facebook much either. I am a bit of a FB mong though, and although work has severely hampered my input on the forum for the past year or so, I still check in once or twice a day to see whats occurring! :thumbleft:

Work, houses and a small child have hampered my input into both the forum and the car itself over the past few years. FB is great for pictures but there is a mountain of ****e to wade your way through to get to anything good/useful.

This winter I keep thinking I'll do an old school style refurb on my car without anything on FB or on here and then just explode into show season next year! :lol:

Dried out the passenger side rear footwell with a selection of towels then filled a fleece bag with cat litter and left it and a couple of silica crystal-filled boot driers overnight to hopefully take care of the rest, then cleaned out a small forest's worth of dead leaves from around the heater blower intake... Pondering a wet and dry vac purchase if that doesn't dry it out sufficiently.

Drank coffee. Sulked. Tried to remember where the aftermarket bonnet foam I bought years ago actually is. Sulked some more...

Can't be arsed with FB. I'm too busy filling small bags with kitty litter to bother with it :rolleyes:

Dried out the passenger side rear footwell with a selection of towels then filled a fleece bag with cat litter and left it and a couple of silica crystal-filled boot driers overnight to hopefully take care of the rest, then cleaned out a small forest's worth of dead leaves from around the heater blower intake... Pondering a wet and dry vac purchase if that doesn't dry it out sufficiently.

Drank coffee. Sulked. Tried to remember where the aftermarket bonnet foam I bought years ago actually is. Sulked some more...

Can't be arsed with FB. I'm too busy filling small bags with kitty litter to bother with it :rolleyes:

FYI you can get rechargeable dehumidifiers cheap on ebay - think i paid less than a tenna for 2 ;)

yesterday afternoon i replaced the rad temp sender on the VR to try to fix my fans coming on at ignition

it fixed that but then when tested fans didnt seem to come on at stage 1 point

will test in coming days