Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Today I ve fitted the 2 front FK coilovers that were sitting in the boot, fitted a new lambda sensor as emmisions were over 12.5% eek!! fitted 2 new handbrake cables, got the horn working and have now got it through the mot so all in all pretty happy.

Next thing to sort is most likely to be a heater matrix, no warm air in cabin with fan on :( but no leaks as yet, gonna try a flush out first, see if that cures it, if not dash out :(

Prep'd and paint cam cover in black. Bought new passenger door handle, Oil breather valve, New metal pressed number plates, and radio DIN blank (whilst I figure out how to rewire the cut stereo loom)

Scrapped my 1st rado :'(

saved everything I could so I can start transfering to my new one

Fitted a rear wheel bearing and disk, quite chuffed how that went. I went to test drive the car to see if I repaired the noise, which I did :)

But on coming home, it chugged a little then I had to pull over. Seems like the fuel pump has gone or the filter is fudged :brickwall: so im now waiting for it to be picked up by RAC or who ever turns up :mad:

Well I had a problem during the winter months when a pile of snow dropped down my back window and underneath the spoiler, then came up to a set of traffic lights to see my spoiler half up and half down... bloody great!

Finally got chance to replace the mechanism, I felt soo happy seeing the spoiler go up after so long. Its like the new toy all over again!

took off steering wheel for good cleaning in the bath :) nice and clean now

GOod one Yan, what flavour?

Service was due, gave the ol' gal some fresh new Synta Platinum oil and filter. Gave the car a damn good clean in and out too along with a wax :D

Came out lovely, but my paint needs tidying up, chips here and there a couple of scuffs :(

tried to replace temp senders failed because they are the wrong ones . tried to do front wheel bearings again sent wrong ones . did however change gearbox oil . thanks tps 1 out of 3 !

tried to replace temp senders failed because they are the wrong ones . tried to do front wheel bearings again sent wrong ones . did however change gearbox oil . thanks tps 1 out of 3 !

Rob - wheres the drain plug on the gear box, i see the one on the front for refilling, but cant locate the drain plug. Also what oil should be used?

GOod one Yan, what flavour?

Service was due, gave the ol' gal some fresh new Synta Platinum oil and filter. Gave the car a damn good clean in and out too along with a wax :D

Came out lovely, but my paint needs tidying up, chips here and there a couple of scuffs :(

A Blackberry VR6 that makes the garden shed look clean and tidy, work so far on the blog thingy - click the number of blog post thing underneath my post count to read progress so far.

Fitted rear dics's and calipers, plus front right dics and caliper.

Have noticed a few bits are missing so going to have to go to the dealers and order them.:scratch:

fitted new carpet, cleaned all seats and shell underneath seats. fitted new stereo and worked out which speakers are shagged (5/6 of them)

fitted new carpet, cleaned all seats and shell underneath seats. fitted new stereo and worked out which speakers are shagged (5/6 of them)

Got one good one then!!

Sent from iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

finished the ABF running on KJET conversion.

Good points:

1. Started on the key!!!

2. idle is a bit lumpy but steady at 900rpm approx (needs CO adjusting I suspect)

3. clutch (vr6 disc+bearing with kr pressure plate) feels reallllllllllly soft !!!!!! it even seems to not be pushing the pedal :D

4. coolant warmed up to 91ºC and then the fan kicked in, so temp went down to 88 or so :D

4. I could use kr flywheel (7.5kg, while abf one was 9.6!!)

Bad points:

1. ignition timing seems to be wrong as the exhaust manifold was glowing red after idling for 15mins. Also, the car feels like no power at all!!!

2. a coolant pipe is slowly leaking

these two bad points will be checked and fixed by a local garage. I'm fed up with the car ATM as I've spent the last 3 weekends from 8 to 20h doing the conversion....

I'll let you know how it gets on :)

Just finished wiring in my remote central locking kit. Jesus its awkward to get to the wires! All works ok, including the indicators, just got to tidy up the wires and put back all the trim :(

Just been painting all the bits of primer on the car red untill i get my respray, trying to blend it into the original paintwork but finding it hard to get rid of the horrible white masking tape residue! :D

Getting something out of the passenger side of the car this morning noticed the handle was off the seat height adjust. Slid it back on to find it was still loose. Then spotted 2 screws lying on the carpet - like they'd been dismantled. Bizarre. Will put back on tomorrow morning.

Spent some of the weekend building the C a new home (aka clearing the garage) and trying to get ahead of the rust spots.

Just ordered a set of Lupo wipers and I do know why...Drivers wiper arm broke last night in the cast aluminium bit between the hinge and the nut. Phoned the dealer and the part is obsolete - time for the conversion. So what I did today was swap the passenger arm to the driver side

did an oil+filter change. Spent 1 fkin hour to pull the old oil filter out as there's no room for an oil filter tool now...

noticed a small (but continous) oil leak. I'll try to do as I've not seen it LoL!!!

Fitted Lupo wipers and arms today after driver's arm snapped on Wednesday. Need to trim the bumps under the hinge on the passenger arm to get the blade to touch the screen. I didn't do it today so that I'd have something to write here tomorrow. Costs were Arms £42.62 and blades £13.11 and £13.79 all plus vat from a dealer who gave me 20% discount so worked out at about £108. Dealer got the parts next day, by putting it through as a Vehicle Off Road (VOR) for no extra charge. Also gave the C a wash and polish