mic_VR

mic_VR's VR - The Awakening!

Your problem mate is you're afraid to say what you think! :lol: But in all seriousness, I hear what you're saying and I'm thinking some silver Rota's might not be a million miles away from the look you got with those white ones..... and that was a great look.

With the carriers, do you think they'd be able to make me some to push the calipers out to 330mm or would I need to get the drawings from somewhere/send them my current 304mm ones?

I just can't lie :D Equally, if something looked utter shat on my car, I would much prefer honesty :) Not that CHs look shat, just not that exciting...imo!

I did like the white Rotas actually. A bit of an accident and probably wouldn't do white wheels again, but at the time they did look pretty sweet! I'm getting old and boring.

They're a standard part mate and may even have them on the shelf, or you could literally just use a spacer plate and some longer bolts! I binned all my old AP Racing 304 and 330mm drawings otherwise I could tell you the thickness of spacer you need, but AP may still have them on their site.

I wish I had a car that looked that good!

You've essentially got the same car! :lol:

I just can't lie :D Equally, if something looked utter shat on my car, I would much prefer honesty :) Not that CHs look shat, just not that exciting...imo!

I did like the white Rotas actually. A bit of an accident and probably wouldn't do white wheels again, but at the time they did look pretty sweet! I'm getting old and boring.

They're a standard part mate and may even have them on the shelf, or you could literally just use a spacer plate and some longer bolts! I binned all my old AP Racing 304 and 330mm drawings otherwise I could tell you the thickness of spacer you need, but AP may still have them on their site.

Cheers mate, I'll give AP a shout and see what they've got available. The kits are still doing the rounds at various re-sellers but are no longer on AP's own website.

Mmm, white wheels.... very Essex! :camp:

Cheers Fay, only just seen you'd posted.

They are a really nice wheel but I think I'm going to sell them as I just prefer the Rota's. I said I'd give it a few weeks to see, which I've given it a month, and I'm still not 100% which tells me to go back. I like the mean look!

Sell them Mic the rota's are well lighter mate make's the drive so much better I love the Th's on mine nimble oh nimble :thumbleft:

Nick BBS CH's are a pretty heavy wheel the 19's that were on the vectra I bought were very heavy. I do see the attraction of BBS wheel's but if you have driven a car like the corrado on the like's of rota's then on the BBS's I'm not surprised Mic is thinking of selling. Cruising heavy wheel's around town lighter wheel's.

Nick BBS CH's are a pretty heavy wheel the 19's that were on the vectra I bought were very heavy. I do see the attraction of BBS wheel's but if you have driven a car like the corrado on the like's of rota's then on the BBS's I'm not surprised Mic is thinking of selling. Cruising heavy wheel's around town lighter wheel's.

It's a fair point tbh, they are a tad lardy. My Corrado never felt better than when it was on Solitudes with balloon tyres though! CH's Look great IMO, but I'm rather biased. The Rotas do look good too, so I say keep both sets! :norty:

It usually end's up at this car's like your's require large brakes which end's up in the need for larger wheel's Mic as we know has larger brakes (AP's) so obviously need's larger wheel's I have the 4 pot cupra r set up on mine with the Comp's and they are awesome brake's and obvoiusly I have no issue's with the wheel's cos I bought them new...

It's a tough call tbh. I like both wheels for different reasons, and I've never had 'bling' wheels before which is nice as people who aren't necessarily into cars have gone 'nice wheels' whereas the rota's seem to draw more comments as an overall look of the car ie: 'that thing looks evil mate!'

I could in theory keep both, I've got space. And on the braking front they're fine. Was worried at first but they're not catching and I've done some pretty hard braking with them on.

It's a tough call tbh. I like both wheels for different reasons, and I've never had 'bling' wheels before which is nice as people who aren't necessarily into cars have gone 'nice wheels' whereas the rota's seem to draw more comments as an overall look of the car ie: 'that thing looks evil mate!'

That is precisely why I sold my RH ZW1s. They were just too showy and drew too much attention away from the car. I think that's why CHs don't do anything for me. On the MK5 Edition 30 they look the nuts because it's the OEM wheel and forms the overall package. On a Corrado, they become the centre piece. Same with BBS RC. Mint on a MK4 Anniversary. Too showy on a Corrado. Just imo of course :)

Agree with Nick about solitudes! Super light wheels and those + Konis / H&Rs also made my Corrado feel super nimble!

After having OZ 17's on the raddo and pot holing them every month or two going back to the standard solitudes with balloon tyres was the best thing i ever did

I can see a trend of people heading back to smaller wheels you know. The roads will never be smooth in this country and 17s, 18s, 19s+ just don't make sense.

Brakes is my problem. The AP's definitely won't fit under the Speedlines/Solitudes. 16's is an option I guess but which ones will fit?

Great, now I'm looking at more wheels! :lol:

If I can find some I like then I'd definitely be tempted to go for a 15/16" wheel.... Google images is likely to be my friend for a few hours later.

Does this mean you will have 2 sets for sale then?! Personally I think 16" is the holy grail on a Corrado in terms of the balance between looks and performance. A nice light 16" probably weighs less than a stock Speedline and they're a fairly light wheel to start with!